Pregnancy & Text Buddy - July 2011 - Seattle, US Area? Between 19 and 25 years

I hope we do feel flutters soon! The family I nanny for's mom felt flutters at 16/17 weeks. I think we should definitely feel them by week 18!

At least our growing boobies give us a reason to pick new cute bra's. Mine is coral pink with white polka dots and the straps have light pink lace.. I love it! :)

Oh no March feels like forever away! I thought February felt far when I first got my date. Hopefully the time will go by quickly!

I actually just learned about toxemia and placenta previa in school! We've been learning about pregnancy for the last three weeks and its scary to see all the things that can go wrong!! The only thing they've said about me is that my blood is Rh- which means that I am negative for a certain protein, and if my baby's blood is Rh+ and our blood somehow touches then my body would try to treat the baby as an infection and try to get rid of it! So I have to get a Rhogam (I think thats how you spell it?) shot at 28 weeks, or if I have any spotting or injuries to my belly! I was really scared when they told me this, but I asked on here and a bunch of girls said they were Rh- and they were fine. So that was a huge relief!

I thought I felt flutters earlier, but I think its probably all in my head. Soon enough though :)

I know! There are so many things that if we worried about all of them we'd make ourself sick. There is nothing we can do, we have to trust the doctors and let them do what's best. Still that sounds very scary but having others who've had the same thing and made it through definitely makes it more reassuring!

I haven't been diagnosed with anything since i've been pregnant but I have yet to have bloodwork done. Bloodwork's done after my next appt. Not sure why that is because I thought bloodwork was one of the first steps.
I am a hemophilia carrier though, *it's a blood clotting disorder.
If I have a boy there's a 25%-50% chance baby will have hemophilia. My sister is a carrier as well. When she found out she was having a boy she was extremely worried & refused to have a amniocentesis done. This was her first child at the age of 36 and at her doctors office a woman who was pregnant, mid 30's with first child as well, had a amnio & lost the baby to later discover that the baby was*healthy :( My*nephew is healthy with no hemophilia but he couldn't be tested or receive any shots until he was about 2 months old, in fear that he may of had it.
My bf really wants a boy and that would be nice but I do worry what the outcome will be if baby is a boy. Overall, I don't care if baby is a boy or girl, I just want baby to be healthy :)
sorry, I don't mean to be a downer.
i'll change the subject to boobies! I don't think mine have gotten bigger but they itch like crazy sometimes!! I just feels good to rub them lol
Have you girls had any food aversions or cravings?
I cannot stand chicken anymore. Smell, taste or even the sight of it. As for cravings, I don't really have any.

That is definitely scary. Hopefully either gender you get is healthy and happy!

My boobies itched earlier on too. Now they're not having any symptoms other than being large.

I love strawberries. I eat one carton in one sitting. I loove them. Fresh though, frozen aren't nearly as good! I definitely had a huge change in appetite earlier on between weeks 6 and 11. Nothing sounded good to eat but when something did that was the only thing I wanted! I loved chow mein from Panda Express! I eat a lot of toast too! I eat at least 2 slices a day! I did eat chicken though. It helped my tummy sickness at dinner time.

Do you guys have a gender you are hoping for? My boyfriend and I before we were pregnant always said we wanted 2 boys, but we don't care as long as they are healthy. I keep having this feeling we're having a girl! Which I would be really excited about. So I still want two kids, one of each would be perfect! But again, as long as they are healthy! Have either of you thought about names?

a few years ago, I never imagined myself being pregnant or even had the desire to have a child, until I met my boyfriend :) I really want a girl! I thought having a boy would be perfect but i've helped raise my nephew for the past year so I feel like i've already raised a boy. I'd be happy with 1 child, my bf on the other hand wants 2-3! I laughed at him the first time he told me that. I already have my baby girls name: Leeah Rose. I love it! The bf likes Rose and I like Leah/Lea. My step dads middle name is Lee. He has no children but raised me like his own, so I decided to put a double 'e'. We've tried coming up with boy names but can't agree on anything, yet.
do you have your names picked yet?

Adorable! I absolutely love the name Rose, especially as a middle name. I think its sweet you added the extra E for your step dad:) I assume you pronounce it Lee-ah not Lay-ah?

I've picked Elsie Mae. Might changed the middle name to Elaine as its my moms middle name, or even change it to something else, I'm open. I found the name when my boyfriend and I went camping with our puppy in Oregon and passed a road named Elsie. I think my boyfriend only likes it because I love it so much. He likes Ellie better but I prefer less common names.

Finding a boys name is much more difficult! We only ever agreed on Oliver and Benjamin and we're not in love with either!

I can not even LOOK at cheese anymore...

As for names, we haven't chosen a middle name for a boy yet, or first name for a girl yet! We like Rhyder for a boy, and the middle name Clover for a girl!

Those are great names. I think Clover as middle name is adorable. Finding a perfect first name to go with it would be hard, but I'm so picky with names! I've only settled on the one and haven't found any others I like!

I know its hard! Everyone likes the name Maddison, because my boyfriends last name is Murphy. It would be Maddison Clover Murphy or Maddie Murphy for short... I can't see myself naming my daughter Maddison though! Its too common!! Elsie Mae and Leeah Rose are such pretty names!

hi girls! How was your weekends?
my bf and I moved into my parents house this weekend. I definitely love being home but now the heels of my feet are KILLING me I think I may have felt some fluttering going on in there this weekend but i'm not sure if it was actual fluttering or just me wanting to feel something so bad that I was imagining things.
btw, I love Elsie & Rhyder. They're both cute names. Even Maddison is cute! I like Maddie as a nickname, even as a first name too.

I had never thought about Maddie for a first name! I really like that :) I feel the same way with the fluttering, I think it might be in my head. I can't wait until I know for sure! My weekend definitely could have been better, my bf's mom has been such a jerk lately. She is totally over stepping her future-grandma boundaries! I could go on about her for a long time, but I'll leave it at that, haha! Are you still in California, and if you are, what part? :)

that's a bummer about your bf's mom. Tell her to 'back off'! Haha! No, that'll probably just make things so much worse. I hate when you sometimes get those people in your life that you just wish you could tell off. I know for me, if someone keeps pushing me, they're eventually going to get told off & it is not pretty. Especially these days, with all those hormones rushing through the body. Ugh! I actually have someone like that in my life right now & i'm almost at that breaking point.... I don't mean to rant about that. I'm sure your bf's mom means well, maybe she's going through some stuff too at the moment. I do hope things get better though :) I am in california! Central california, Los Banos to be exact.

Yeah, ever since I got pregnant I've always been annoyed by her, especially when it comes to baby stuff... I hate these damn hormones!! I hope things get better with whoever is making you crazy too :)

Hello Ladies,
Sorry to hear about your weekends! Sometimes my mom feels like she wants to make decisions that I feel should be more of my decision! She keeps insisting that we know the gender before the baby is born but we want to wait to find out. Now she's kind of moving in on deciding the theme of the nursery. Luckily she's not pushing us too hard on either subject.

We moved into an adorable rental house on January 15th, so I know what you mean about your feet killing you! This weekend we finished getting all of our stuff out of the apartment and cleaned it up and turned in the keys. Feels so great to never have to go back!

I know just how you feel about hormones! Mine are going crazy! I am so emotional at the most insignificant things! I'm getting somewhat frustrated because I feel that my boyfriend just won't understand! I've tried explaining to him how I wish I could control my feelings but I can't. When I get upset, or sad, or frustrated he'll listen but end up getting upset with me. I have anxiety which I use to take medication for but felt it made my emotions too extreme and stopped taking them. I worked on the anxiety by myself and felt like I had it under control, but now with my hormones it's making it difficult again!

My next doctors appointment isn't this Friday but next Friday the 11th. I'm already getting so excited to go! I can't wait, next week is going to feel really long! I think I'm so excited because it's the first appointment my boyfriend will get to go to!:)

Oh, and I don't think I've felt any fluttering. It's hard to tell because I can feel my own heart beat throughout my body. It's so strong I can't focus on my tummy because my heart beat over rides anything small I could possibly be feeling.

I feel the same way about my boyfriend! He just doesn't understand. I was at lunch yesterday and there were crumbs on the table when we got there, it was cold, and I couldn't decide on what I wanted to eat...... I STARTED CRYING!! I feel like such a freak, but my hormones are making me crazy.
I'm excited for my appointment too! Mine is Wednesday, so I don't have to wait quite as long :) My boyfriend just got a new job, and he has a week long orentation so he can't go :( I'm nervous to go alone! I'm more excited for the 12th though, my mom is coming in from Washington and we are getting a 4D ultrasound!! I know its early, but they might be able to tell us the sex, and if not then you can go back for free later on!
Do you have any ideas for your nursery yet? I really like monkeys for a little boy, they have such cute monkey things at babies r us! I want like the most girly room ever for a little girl! I want it to be pink and zebra print and sparkely!!! Haha :)

Gosh, I just read my last post and I was bouncing all over the place, haha sorry!

yay! my next appointment is on the 11th as well. i wish it was on Wednesday that way i wouldn't have to wait so long haha it's only a couple of days but still. oh my gosh you two have thought about nurseries already?! it hasn't even crossed my mind but now the wheels are turning. i haven't had any crazy emotions....yet. my bf's probably going to freak out when it does happen.
oh! off subject but i was finally able to eat chicken. it was delicious! annnnnd ROOT BEER FLOATS! i am addicted to them.... typing that right now makes me want one.

Lol, yeah it is definitely way early to be thinking about nurseries! My boyfriend and I went to babies r us and he decided on monkeys, so that was all him. If I have a girl, I want her to be in tutus and leggings everyday, and I want her to always have huge bows in her hair! So she needs a pretty princess room to match :)
I'm addicted to chocolate all of a sudden! I rarely ever ate anything chocolate before I got pregnant. Now I'm all for brownies, chocolate ice cream, banana splits with hot fudge, and my favorite-HOT FUDGE SUNDAYS! Omg. I'm drooling right now. Yay for you eating chicken! I almost ate cheese today, I made my brother cheese and crackers and they looked so yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->