Pregnant 5 weeks after c section

futuremama88

Reaction score
I've gotten a positive pregnancy test but wondering if it could be due to hormones from my last pregnancy? I am now 7 1/2 weeks postpartum and had sexual relations about two weeks ago. We've only done it once since I had my daughter! We haven't been trying to conceive but haven't been preventing either and decided to just leave it up to fate. But I didn't think it would happen after only one time!

Could the positive test just be from leftover hormones? If I'm pregnant, will my uterus break apart? What else am I at a greater risk for? Will I still be able to breastfeed my baby?

Hi hun! I got pregnant 7 weeks after giving birth...i was shocked!!!! My boys are 11 months apart. It is possible the stick may be picking up left over hormones. But if ur stick is getting darker...ur prob preg. A blood test can tell you. The numbers will be high ans going up. Good luck! R u testing more? Post the test!

Lol...yes u can still breastfeed. And no..ur uterus will be fine. I just had my 3rd csection in 4 years when I got pregnant for the 4th time. I was fine!

Thanks! I added you to my friends list since you've been through the craziness I might go through lol! Three babies in four years, wow! I'm going to do another test on Saturday.

It would be a very rare occurrence, but yes, you could be pregnant. Good luck, I hope you get the outcome you hope for. All of the best.

There is less than a year between my first two, as I fell pregnant very soon after we sadly lost our Son. I had an emergency c section with my Son. I would say you are pregnant. I will be having my third c section in less than 3 years next month x

once the baby is out of your body, your hcg levels begin to drop.
Anything is possible, but i think it would be highly unlikly that you got a positive from "left over hcg". A couple of days after my MC, i didn't even get a positive test anymore. I think i read somewhere that it can take up to 10 days for hcg to hit zero...so if you got a :bfp: 5 weeks after, i would think you are pregnant, but as i said weirder things have happened. I would say take another test. ...it's extremly rarely that an HPT produces a false positive.

& yes, you can still BF, but do keep tabs on your supply. some women are so blessed to never experience a drop with pregnancy, but a lot of women's supply decreases because of progesterone floating around (progesterone inhibits prolactin to increase, prolactin needs to maintain/increase for milk to stay up/increase). Also, the taste of your milk will change. Its natures way of weaning one child in order to prepare for the child you are pregnant with. Some women are highly sucessful and have no problems at all. Many women experience a drop. It really does vary, but if i were i would stick with it, if you want :D As far as safety factors go-it's fine if you are not high risk.

Thanks so much for your advice! Taking one last test when I get a chance to go to the shops this weekend!

I got 2 BFNs :nope: I had been NTNP and laid back about it, not caring whether I got pregnant or not, just waiting to see what fate had in store for me. But after I got BFP I was so excited and we started picking out names and everything. Now that I got 2 BFN it makes me feel very disappointed and sad. Also somewhat scared... because it could have been hormones or.. was I pregnant and miscarried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->