Pregnant after 2 losses and scared.

Good luck ladies. You are definitely going through the most nerve racking time. I had 2 losses before I fell pg this time. I am now 29 weeks with my lil man. I still worry that something will go wrong but I am not as nervous as I was in the beginning. Just try to take each day as it comes. I was just grateful for each day I am pg and I still am. And I have only 11 weeks to go now, I just want him here safe and sound. Good luck and I hope you all get your rainbows this time.

Thank you Stacey_89. Yeah it's weird I'm just sitting here and it's aching in my right side where my leg attaches to my pelvis?? So weird. When I talk to the nurse about my HCG levels today I'm going to ask her about it just for peace of mind.

Iv been getting the exact same pain even though I'm not pregnant yet!
I'm not sure if it's ovulation pain or what but it's always my right side.
It's not painful at all but it is noticeable,it's like someone is lightly poking me in the side. And I don't have it everyday,so maybe it's just a harmless cyst which is normal in child bearing age.
Let us know how your numbers are x

Mrs Reineke, that number sounds pretty good to me. As for those aches, pains, tugs, yup I got those too. They move all over the place. I didn't get those with my last two BFPs so I hope it's a good thing.

Thanks flou, you have given me reassurance. I told DH if it works this time it's going to freak me out. I don't know what happens after 6 weeks. BFP to me means a couple u/s then take medication to pass the product and start all over again.

Thank you ladies...so my first HCG level was at 802 on 12-30 and then because of the holiday I had to wait until this morning to get my 2nd level checked and it was about 62 hours later. It is now at 1250. I'm panicking because it didn't double. I know it says 48-72 hours, but I was just 10 hours shy of that. I've also read to make too much of the numbers, but I'm freaking out. I've had horrible anxiety all day. The nurse told me that the doctor wasn't concerned when I asked about them not doubling. She then said that the doctor said I could set up an ultrasound for next week. So I'm going in on Wednesday. I'm praying with everything that I have that we see at least a yoke sac in my uterus showing promise. Did you ladies have your levels checked and did they double perfectly?

Did you check the beta with a calculator? I use this one:

https://www.betabase.info/calc/

Mine was 396 on 14DPO and 905 on 16DPO I believe that is putting me at about 37.74 hours doubling. Keep in mind that there is a high chance that I have more than one in here so I wouldn't use mine to compare.

I would also say not to trust this kinda stuff. I read just yesterday about someone who had a beta in like low double digits and things worked out fine.

I think that the u/s will be the key. If you are going Wednesday you will be just over 5 weeks, you may see a flicker if you are lucky. It's a little early.

It kinda sucks that there is no real way to tell that things are ok.

Mrs Reineke,

I am so sorry to hear. I put your numbers into a doubling time calculator, and it comes up as almost 97 hours doubling time. I'm afraid that is really bad news; no chance for a good outcome really, based on what I've read (I did a lot of research into doubling times with my first loss in the spring)... I'd prepare for the worst. Repeated losses are so terrible.

I'm sorry to hear that! Hcg numbers are so stressful and worrying,when I get my next BFP I don't even want mine doing,last time was awful,I cried everyday with the stress. I would rather sit back and just see what happens and wait for my 8 week scan.
The rising was not good,but I have heard of a few stories with pregnancies that had non doubling hcg levels,there is hope! But at the same time as I hate saying this prepare for the worst too.
Sadly this happend to me,non doubling hcg levels,scans show progress but on the slow side as my dates were 2 weeks behind and we never saw the heartbeat before bubs stopped growing.
I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you hun!! Will be checking for your updates x

Just checking up on you Mrs Reineke. Feeling a little better I hope. Looking forward to a positive u/s on Wednesday!

Well after hearing some ladies ideas on what to expect, I'm not doing good. I think I'm going to leave this thread. It's not helping me.

I know where you are coming from, I am sorry that was said. Nobody can predict the future so none of us knows what will happen. There are two possible outcomes and we should always look at the positive side. Maybe you have a slow start....who knows. Only time will tell. I hate that we are all struggling through this, it just seems cruel!!!

Best of luck to you and I hope continue to get support from those are supportive.

Septie, for the future when someone is going through what I'm going through right now I highly recommend you don't say anything at all if that's how you feel or your opinion. Or at least say it in a better more caring way. I've been having anxiety through the roof and when I read your comment it scared me to death. Please don't do that to other ladies. Because of that I'm leaving this forum. I have other ladies that are telling me their stories of having the same things happen and all turned out well. So don't try to be a doctor and say things in such a horrible negative way to someone who is so fragile.

Mrs Reineke,

I am so sorry to hear. I put your numbers into a doubling time calculator, and it comes up as almost 97 hours doubling time. I'm afraid that is really bad news; no chance for a good outcome really, based on what I've read (I did a lot of research into doubling times with my first loss in the spring)... I'd prepare for the worst. Repeated losses are so terrible.

You should be utterly ashamed of yourself for saying something so rude, insensitive and quite frankly ignorant. I've heard of PLENTY of women who didn't double in the beginning and went on to have perfectly healthy babies. Even if this is your personal opinion your manners are SERIOUSLY lacking.
Shame on you. Shame on you. Shame on you.

Oh god I hope my comment did not offend you :(
When I read the previous comment my mouth literally dropped! If someone told me that I would break down in tears and completely freaking out!
Like I said there is hope and people do have non doubling hcg levels and have a good outcome! I have everything crossed for you & I know how stressful these numbers can be, one amazing story I read once was someone who had non doubling numbers in early pregnancy and thankfully she Kept updating all the way through her pregnancy and not once did her numbers ever double before 12 weeks and she went on to have a normal pregnancy and healthy baby girl :) xx

I just saw someone else post about slow rising HCG and she commented there too, pretty much what she did here.

It's one thing not to get someone's hopes up but to knock them down and beat the crap out of them....come on! We all want the same thing here, it's much easier if we support one another. This is a place where we can talk to others who understand. Many of us have a history of mc so we can't count us in or out till the end.

I just read online that there was someone who was told that they had a mmc and they waited it out. A couple weeks later a twin appeared, it's a good thing that they trusted their instincts.

It was not you Stacey. No worries there. You were very sincere. Thank you TTC. You ladies have been very supportive and sweet to me. I love hearing positive stories of ladies in my situation. It definently helps. :hugs:

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you Mrs Reineke. Aren't you going for an u/s tomorrow?

Mrs Reineke :hugs: you mentioned the the second lot were taken 10 hours early so that could have made a difference, from what I have been reading once you get in the thousands they do not matter so much any more and I think scans are the better way to go then!

I am not pregnant yet just over a loss my 2nd and came in here to grab some hope I will get pregnant again just had to comment

Good luck tomorrow and stay positive keep talking to your little baby and best luck :flower:

Thank you so much Celtic. I am so sorry for your losses. I know how you feel.

Yes TTC I have my ultrasound tomorrow at 10am. But I got a 3+ on a clear blue weeks estimator yesterday and then I took one today to make sure it still said 3+ and it said 2-3. I'm just going to prepare to mc I guess. I did drink 2 cups of tea and water before I took it, but I don't know. I had to leave work again because I am so stressed. I don't know. I think it's best for me to prepare for the worst at this point.

Thank you so much Celtic. I am so sorry for your losses. I know how you feel.

Yes TTC I have my ultrasound tomorrow at 10am. But I got a 3+ on a clear blue weeks estimator yesterday and then I took one today to make sure it still said 3+ and it said 2-3. I'm just going to prepare to mc I guess. I did drink 2 cups of tea and water before I took it, but I don't know. I had to leave work again because I am so stressed. I don't know. I think it's best for me to prepare for the worst at this point.

I would say your pee was to diluted those test can do that, I seen many on here having the same problem only to do another and get 3+ again!

I am glad you can go home ring your doctor if you need to and I hope you get good new tomorrow at your scan :hugs:

Yes drinking could of affected the test defiantly,especialy on those digitals.
I hope and pray your scan went fine!
Thinking of you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"