**Pregnant after IVF Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Just caught up on the other thread, wow! It's ironic, because I always feel "guilty" when I post an update or response, because I AM pregnant and other are still TTC, but the support has been so great and I figured it could help other who were going through the same process… That was intense..

Postalmom - congrats on TWINS!!! We feel sooo blessed having two miracles growing inside of me!!

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll be following and joining in when I can!!

Welcome mwb :hi: Been a while... how are you coming along honey?

Flagirlie, you don't look bloaty or flabby at all! And I've read that pregnant women tend to run their hands over their bump without even realizing it.. Its supposed to be a subconsciously protective gesture.

Lots of "chatter" today, I see. :winkwink:

Disney, that's great! That's not bad news. So it's good.

Yes and no. Good that I didn't fail by more, but bad that I still failed. I have to take the 3 hour test. I'll be doing that on Friday. Hopefully the fact that I failed by so little means I have a good chance on passing the 3 hour one. I will also be on iron supplements from here on out. I'll start that on Friday after my test -- I don't want anything extra in my system that could increase the likelihood of me puking from the glucose liquid. My doctor said that waiting until Friday to start is fine.

. My doctors appt is Friday and I'm asking if I'm going to have to do a GD test or not... I'm also asking about testing for Krabbe Disease.... There is someone local whose baby was born with it and it is completely curable if caught in time... Highly recommend testing for it!!!

Thanks. I'll have to look into that and ask my doctor about the test on Monday. :thumbup:

Couldn't tolerate the 3h glucose test and threw up 30 min in. Now I need to start pricking my finger at home. Boohoo! :(

I'm so sorry to here this! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

The spotting got heavier. Its still very dark, and not fresh blood. There's clots too, so its looking like AF, but then, its a very mild one at that. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm just going to classify this as an abnormal cycle and move on... Its simply impossible to say whats going on in there, without a blood test to check hormonal levels. I'll see how the cycle progresses, how many days it continues etc. and consult the RE if it seems like I should be tested...

As for what happened with the RE so far, he wants us to do a biopsy of the uterine lining and test it, which is not covered by insurance. The autoimmune testing isn't covered either, so now we're waiting for my job thingy to work out before we take on the expense. We're still paying the out-of-pocket costs for the cycles we went through last year and it gets too much on a single income.

I'm hoping it will be the April or latest, the May cycle, fingers crossed.

I'm still pulling for you on this cycle. Either way, I hope you find out soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

quick q for those of you who are further along:
I just found out that I have to fly for work when I'm about 14 weeks. Is that a problem?I'm not too keen on it, and I could tell them I can't do it, but then I would have to tell them now that I'm preggo and I wanted to wait till at least the 8 week scan next week.

You would probably be ok flying, but I'd check with your doctor. I know lots of pregnant ladies who flew during their first and second trimesters with no problems. I personally haven't wanted to fly anywhere myself, but that's just a personal preference. My boss knew I was pregnant from the beginning because I told her about the IVF stuff (I needed to take time off from work for appointments and procedures). I didn't tell anyone else at work until I was starting to get a bump (probably around 17-18 weeks! Lol).

Wow Disney, that's quite a bump for a singleton!!! And yes honey, there's been a lot of chatter today. :winkwink:

Big interview tomorrow, and I'm stressed out... all our future IF treatment depends on my getting a job ASAP... If I get a positive signal from the interviewer tomorrow, we can actually schedule the biopsy this cycle itself! Oh good lord, I'm going stress myself awake tonight, lol. :haha:

Wow Disney, that's quite a bump for a singleton!!! And yes honey, there's been a lot of chatter today. :winkwink:

Big interview tomorrow, and I'm stressed out... all our future IF treatment depends on my getting a job ASAP... If I get a positive signal from the interviewer tomorrow, we can actually schedule the biopsy this cycle itself! Oh good lord, I'm going stress myself awake tonight, lol. :haha:

She's definitely growing. My bump seems bigger in the evening than during the morning/day.

I wish you the best of luck with your interview!!!!! :hugs::dust::hugs::dust::hugs:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! My baby sister had her baby on Saturday morning. It is a perfect little boy. I was a little nervous being in the delivery room cheering her on.... However it was amazing.. Best experience of my life! I can't wait for it to finally be my turn... Until then I have a beautiful nephew/God son to spoil!

Welcome mwb :hi: Been a while... how are you coming along honey?

Flagirlie, you don't look bloaty or flabby at all! And I've read that pregnant women tend to run their hands over their bump without even realizing it.. Its supposed to be a subconsciously protective gesture.

Megan - I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Things are going really well so far and I'm already very much in love with these two little guys!!

Good luck with your interview tomorrow. Try to relax tonight and get some sleep!

Thanks Disney. Oh wow, that's an interesting observation... is that common to most mommies-to-be?

Heyyy woww congratulations Katie on becoming an aunt, a godmother and best wishes to your sister too! :flower:

Thanks mwb! Must be a blessed feeling... :hugs:

I'm trying to keep myself busy watching Netflix, lol. Cannot do any more studying and don't wanna stress about tomorrow. I hope to return with a positive signal or some sort. There's so much riding on this one interview!

You will do great! Fingers crossed, Megan!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone! My baby sister had her baby on Saturday morning. It is a perfect little boy. I was a little nervous being in the delivery room cheering her on.... However it was amazing.. Best experience of my life! I can't wait for it to finally be my turn... Until then I have a beautiful nephew/God son to spoil!

Congrats!!!! :happydance:

Megan - I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Things are going really well so far and I'm already very much in love with these two little guys!!

How sweet! :cloud9:

Thanks Disney. Oh wow, that's an interesting observation... is that common to most mommies-to-be?

Good question. I'm not really sure. You're gonna rock your interview! :thumbup:

Here is my bump!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 11
Yes Megan everyone copes with things differently sometimes it can just be about the day you're having and some of those can be more sensitive than others... that doesn't mean those not coping so much as you claim are not happy for others. To imply that and give superior to you is just wrong. You came back online not only trolling flaming a situation but 2 threads and targeted one member, this is NOT acceptable forum activity. This situation was resolved fairly well until your posts and BOOM. Allika to follow isn't really pleasant to read either.

Nobody questioned the friendships, support or happiness for others in the original IVF thread but (without ease I'm sure) a member voiced that she felt upset about the ongoing pregnancy updates on a thread. Why is she wrong for being honest? Why the backlash? It wasn't personal, shouldn't you be the ladies who understand more than some? Of course you're happy for your BFPs and with no doubt nervous too but why couldn't the gaga tickers be disabled out of consideration for others while you popped in and seen how your group buddies were? As for pregnancy updates we have journal sections where those friends struggling can pop in and see how you are on their emotionally better days. This helps friendships remain and everyone is comfortable. Journals are for pregnancy updates not a thread for hopeful IVF ladies, after a certain amount of time from BFP there has to come a point you think of others.

The last couple of pages of this thread do no comply with our forum rules but above all it doesn't show any emotional understanding, friendliness or support. I have deleted the attacking posts on the IVF thread in assisted conception, what I read actually made me feel quite sad, not in the spirit of the forum and definitely not in the spirit of being buddies contrary to your own (unnecessary) argument.

This thread will remain locked. You can start another buddy thread afresh with no more mention of this issue... onwards and at some point I hope some of you find some understanding and empathy for someone who clearly meant no harm before you troll/flame her again. I can guarantee you although she may have been the one who voiced her feelings the best she could she won't be the only one feeling the same and I have no doubt she feels targeted and isolated.... supportive friends you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->