**Pregnant after IVF Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 weeks. . Today's pic.

Attachments

• 2014-03-12 10.57.34.jpg
    2014-03-12 10.57.34.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Congrats PostalMom, twinsies again! Wow!! So exciting!

And those pictures show the bump progressing... wow, you're so big already!!!

Disney, I hope you find out soon enough... ugh! missed call... shoot!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome here. Feeling blessed truly.

And yes I did sign up for FF. I have yet to figure out how to link my charts there to the forum signature here, but I will get to it, I promise. Also, going next to the amazon link Disney gave me, to order that thermometer. My kitchen thermometer isn't working, so I its on the to-buy list anyway...

The spotting got heavier. Its still very dark, and not fresh blood. There's clots too, so its looking like AF, but then, its a very mild one at that. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm just going to classify this as an abnormal cycle and move on... Its simply impossible to say whats going on in there, without a blood test to check hormonal levels. I'll see how the cycle progresses, how many days it continues etc. and consult the RE if it seems like I should be tested...

As for what happened with the RE so far, he wants us to do a biopsy of the uterine lining and test it, which is not covered by insurance. The autoimmune testing isn't covered either, so now we're waiting for my job thingy to work out before we take on the expense. We're still paying the out-of-pocket costs for the cycles we went through last year and it gets too much on a single income.

I'm hoping it will be the April or latest, the May cycle, fingers crossed.

PS - I've posted on the other thread, because I couldn't resist speaking my mind about what happened. Tried to take the high road, but someone needed to say something. Now I can move on. :winkwink:

I concur ....Megan and Allika....

Postal ..congrats on the twins!! awesome news!

Glad to "see" everyone :)

Meagan... lmao! I peak in to see how it's going over there. I'll have to look. I tried to contain myself when it happened. I was crushed. I was crying. I felt kicked out and alone. Then mizuno and I started messaging each other and agreed we needed this thread of our own and invited everyone to come. Mizuno deserves a huge Thanks for getting it going. I was so emotional I just couldn't come on for a couple days.:hugs:

wow, I don't check B&B for 2 days and so much happens!!!!

megan -so glad to see you here! :hugs: I am not much bothered about what happened at the other thread, though at first it did sting a bit, esp because it was got ugly right after I posted my second beta. I still think the TTC thread was great and very supportive. Speaking of which, I peeked into a couple of other threads here in first tri, and oh man, there are some very bitchy hormonal people around here! You can ask the most well meaning, innocuous question and get your head bitten off. I was so spoiled by the TTC threads where everyone is very supportive and positive no matter what your situation.
Oh, and FF is the best. One thing about temping though, my temperature went up only 2 or 3 days after I ovulated, so if it wasn't for the OPKs I would have consistently thought that I ovulated later.

postal - congrats on the twins!!!!! wow! how exciting! :happydance: I am going to start taking pics of my belly this week (at 7 weeks), but to be honest I am so bloated from progesterone that I look not so much pregnant but as if I have a beer belly. This happens every time I'm on progesterone. Last time I lost 4 lbs after I got off it.

disney - that doesn't sound so bad. And low iron they can fix easily.

AFM - nothing new... symptoms still very mild, except for nausea, which is ever-present. Otherwise, still don't feel pregnant and still freaking out about my scan next week...

She replied still defending herself... I replied again. Read up.

Couldn't tolerate the 3h glucose test and threw up 30 min in. Now I need to start pricking my finger at home. Boohoo! :(

So sorry! I got through it ok, once the first hour passed, it was fine, I read a book, played on iPad and so on... Hope you manage the second time :hugs: Or won't they try again???

Postal, congrats!!! I will post a pic shortly too (just so you can see how big I am now at 19 weeks, that one guy actually asked me if I was ready to pop)...

They gave me the choice of either doing it again or starting to prick myself at home! I chose the ladder! I have been throwing up a lot with this pregnancy and I know I won't be able to tolerate this test next week neither! Booh :(

I see! Well good luck, hope it won't be too bad...

This was taken last Thu (18 + 2) but not sure if it completely does the justice... lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
@Megan: I backed you up on the other thread

Flagirlie, you look so thin. Maybe I'm really bloated from the progesterone like mizuno said. I look like I have a beer belly up to but below the naval is getting firm and more springy. I was poking my DH gut last night and then mine and I can Def tell a difference. Your belly looks beautiful. I'm so excited! We should "do lunch" or something sometime.

Mizuno, what day is your Sonogram? I can't to see yours! !

Finally got it to upload.:happydance:

Attachments

• 2014-03-12 15.50.58.jpg
    2014-03-12 15.50.58.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks hon. Appreciate it. :hugs:

I thought explaining another perspective might help, but sadly, it only got uglier. Anyway, I'm glad we stood up for the ladies who were hurt by that incident... I personally felt I owed it to everyone here, who've been nothing but kind to me when things went bad. :flower:

Oh megan, you are so sweet. I posted something too. I couldn't resist. It was all nice words. But I mentioned how I was hurt. I am just sooooo happy you are here with us! We love you.

@Megan: it was nice of you to speak up but I don't think she hears what you're trying to say and instead turned this into something it never was. Nobody has ever been inconsiderate of her feelings and what she expresses belongs in the loss and grief forum or the TTC after a loss forum...

PostalMom thank you honey. I'm glad to be here and say thank you to every one of you here. :hugs:

I may not be around for days, but I don't forget about the ladies here who've gone out of their way to be there for me. I love you guys too!

Allika you're right... she went way off track and turned it into something entirely different. I was only trying to get her to understand something about Gratitude and Reciprocating the favor, but she only wanted the sympathy for the pain she went through, without being mindful of the pain she caused. I did not expect it to get that ugly, and when she got foul, I chose not to respond. Its not worth it.

postal - how can I see a larger pic of your scan?
mine in on the 20th, still 8 days to go...

quick q for those of you who are further along:
I just found out that I have to fly for work when I'm about 14 weeks. Is that a problem?I'm not too keen on it, and I could tell them I can't do it, but then I would have to tell them now that I'm preggo and I wanted to wait till at least the 8 week scan next week.

Thanks, everyone, really I am not that thin... Put on almost 20 lbs. 10 inches in waist. I was 5'3" and 141 to begin with. Beating my DH now.

Yes, you guys might look weirdly bloated at first, I tried to hide my belly for weeks, but by 8 weeks, I was just all bump! Cat was out of the bag. I loved how suddenly I looked pregnant and not chubby (haha I used to caress and touch my tummy when shopping, just so people know, not that I really care in general though)... Since then I loved my bump, it's not pointy, but round :) and I thank God every day.

I think flying at 14 weeks should be ok, IF: your pregnancy is easy and ok. Me with multiples would not dare. But you should ask doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"