**Pregnant after IVF Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flagirlie, I missed that post!! OMG, OMG, OMG! I was WAITING for that gender announcement... I was so looking forward to finding out, almost as if it was my own, lol. Yippee Yooo for it being Boy/Girl twins!! I'm over the moon for you honey!!! Congratulations...

And yes, you're right, like Disney and me, a lot of us were eager to hear more about what was happening with you.

I think everyone here has been truly amazing. And it pained * maddened me to see all the posts of "I'm out of here" and "about to unsubscribe..." I don't mean to suggest its easy for anyone in this TTC journey, its hard for me too with all my failures till date.. We're all human.

But the struggles are meant to make one more mindful of hurting others who've experienced the same challenges. In fact, some of the ladies here have experienced much worse than one's own challenges. I cried with some of the failures and when they wrote about their mental state after a m/c. We all mourned the losses together. You're supposed to be compassionate, not accuse the BFPs of being the cause of your pain. They are not the reason why you're feeling that way, the problem is in your own head.

Grudging the others their successes is such a negative perspective on life... its just sad. Hardly anyone posts there anymore. Such a pointless attack on the only people who're rooting for you. Sigh.

Disney I hope its not the bad news you're anticipating. Stay positive hon! Did your test results get posted finally?

Allika good luck for the tests... fingers crossed for you!

I agree 100% with you Megan!

In retrospective maybe one should have said something but I think we were all just completely shocked as none of us felt like we were rubbing our pregnancies in her face. Oh well, let's stick around this thread and forget the other one ;)

@ Megan: do you temp? Temping is always interesting when it comes to seeing if AF is coming or if it's implementation bleeding! But temping is not too reliable if on progesterone supplements...

Allika, you were all too gracious and kind and just took it in your stride and moved on. I'm sorry it happened, and feeling worse that I wasn't there at the time to SAY SOMETHING... It was a shock for me too, to come back after a while and read through it all... I was reacting, and talking to my computer like "are you serious?"

You're right though, its time to forget and move on.

Okay, on the spotting, it got a little heavier and stained a pad that I had worn just in case. Its very dark brown, almost black. I can't imagine how though, because its 5 days earlier than my standard cycle length. Dark spotting is supposed to indicate old blood, but how could I have been bleeding 2-3 days ago.. its too soon, and yet, the cramping and nausea that accompany a typical AF are there too...

I don't temp honey, I just use this app on my phone called 'My Days' which is meant to track your cycle dates, and predict when your next AF is due, when you will ovulate etc. The more actual data you have on there, the more accurate it gets. I have like a year and a half worth of cycle dates tracked there, so its been pretty accurate for me... although, its been completely off since the downregulation protocol for the FET in NOvember. The first cycle was 5 days late (I actually thought that was a BFP cos it was so late, lol) the next two cycles were both 2 days late. And this one, well, its 5 days early.

Dr. T had performed and ultrasound when I went in 2 weeks ago, and he saw everything normal, indicated I would ovulate around the date my app calendar predicted and I thought, okay, we're back to a normal cycle. Now this throws things way off track again, so I guess we're going to need to go through the agonizing testing and diagnosis process.. no miracles or free lunches here, lol.

How does the temping work actually? I'm not taking any hormones so it should be fairly accurate for me...

Okay, on the spotting, it got a little heavier and stained a pad that I had worn just in case. Its very dark brown, almost black. I can't imagine how though, because its 5 days earlier than my standard cycle length. Dark spotting is supposed to indicate old blood, but how could I have been bleeding 2-3 days ago.. its too soon, and yet, the cramping and nausea that accompany a typical AF are there too...

I don't temp honey, I just use this app on my phone called 'My Days' which is meant to track your cycle dates, and predict when your next AF is due, when you will ovulate etc. The more actual data you have on there, the more accurate it gets. I have like a year and a half worth of cycle dates tracked there, so its been pretty accurate for me... although, its been completely off since the downregulation protocol for the FET in NOvember. The first cycle was 5 days late (I actually thought that was a BFP cos it was so late, lol) the next two cycles were both 2 days late. And this one, well, its 5 days early.

Dr. T had performed and ultrasound when I went in 2 weeks ago, and he saw everything normal, indicated I would ovulate around the date my app calendar predicted and I thought, okay, we're back to a normal cycle. Now this throws things way off track again, so I guess we're going to need to go through the agonizing testing and diagnosis process.. no miracles or free lunches here, lol.

How does the temping work actually? I'm not taking any hormones so it should be fairly accurate for me...

Dark blood definitely sounds like IB to me. Hmmmm.... :winkwink:

I did temping for almost a whole year. You'll need a BBT thermometer. I bought this one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-5245...id=1394594198&sr=8-1&keywords=bbt+thermometer

You basically have to take your temp every morning at the same time before you do anything else (sitting up, getting out of bed, talking, etc...) -- movement will affect your temperatures. You record your temps somewhere every day (I used the Fertility Friend app / website), and after a few months, you'll eventually see a pattern start to develop. Your temp spikes after you ovulate and should stay elevated after ovulation. If you're pregnant, your temps will stay above your baseline. If you're not pregnant, your temperature would drop just before or the day of your period. I really liked the Fertility Friend app as it charted the temps and drew in my baseline temp for me. I was also able to record daily "symptoms", medications, CM consistency, and other things. You can also view and print your charts from previous months. I've read that only way to officially know that you ovulated is by tracking temps (even if you use OPKs). I still used OPKs throughout the time that I charted.

....what Disney said! fertility friend is awesome! It gives you a very precise glance at your cycle, luteal phase, ovulation, etc and it is super cool to see on the charts of pregnant ladies the temps stay up there while on the bfn cycles they drop! Reason for the drop is the progesterone that raises your temps with ovulation and drops in case you're not pregnant. I really recommend temping and fertility friend! + you can link your fertility friend chart in your signature and this way we can see where you're at in your cycle and symptom spot alongside you!

I failed my 1h test last week and am doing the 3h test tomorrow morning! Not looking forward to it :(

I am doing it now too! Just had nasty drink and got already poked in my finger (fasting glucose 83) and arm. It's doing some not so pleasant things to my stomach now.

@flagirlie: how funny that we're doing it simultaneously! Mine was 81, the drink was so much more disgusting than the 1h one. Might have been that I had fruit punch instead of orange.

MEAGAN!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY YOUR HERE!!!!
Gigantic hug to you!!! I haven't been on for a couple days so I have a lot to write. .

1. Implantation bleeding. I was on crinone so my spotting was mostly staining some parts of the "cream yuck" lol. Started as a bright red dot then the next 2 days it was black. I am jumping up and down mentally that it could be !!!

2....... A very special number. ...
IM HAVING TWINS!!!!!!!! I just had my first u/s this morning. I'm continuing my crinone until it's gone. 2 weeks left.. we saw both little hearts beating, and yolk sacs. I'm a bit in shock. I took a video of the u/s but I have no clue how to post it or message or email it. I've tried but no matter how small I make videos it says file is too large.

I forgot 3 and 4. Lol.. I'll have to read back over everything. I'll post some pics next.

Eeek!!! Twins!

Megan :hi: The other ladies are completely right about Fertility Friend and temping.

PostalMom-- Congrats on another set of twins!!!! So exciting!

Congrats PostalMom!!!! :happydance:

So, my results got posted this morning. I'll have to call my doctor when the office opens. Of course I'm going to miss passing the glucose test by one point! :dohh: My iron levels are also lower than normal range.

Disney, that's great! That's not bad news. So it's good.

Meagan.. I did temping and I actually liked doing it. I also use fertility friend. I learned so much, Ff

Sorry I keep hitting the send button. I'm so sleepy. I need a nap. FF IS A Great ap. I know my body so well now ayer temping for 6 months. Ok. I'm going to post some week by week belly pics. Remember I'm a little over wieght to start. I'm 5'1 and 137 lbs

After ivf. 5 weeks pregnant

Attachments

• 20140213_215422(0).jpg
    20140213_215422(0).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
4weeks. All flabby fat and bloating from ivf

Attachments

• 2014-03-12 10.40.38.jpg
    2014-03-12 10.40.38.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
6 and 7 weeks. Bottom belly is becoming more rounded and fuller

Attachments

• 2014-03-12 10.38.45.jpg
    2014-03-12 10.38.45.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-03-12 10.39.33.jpg
    2014-03-12 10.39.33.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm glad someone brought up the "other" thread... I honestly was really hurt by the reaction!! I was a part of that thread from the beginning and I felt slapped in the face!!! Yes, I get the emotions she was going through - I have been there myself..but to lash out at a group of women who want nothing more than to support you is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Honestly, I unsubscribed to the thread but I still lurk to see how things are going for everyone else over there... And there is VERY LITTLE activity.

Ok, enough about that..
Megan - I never temped at all - I bought the thermometer, but my sleep cycles are so weird that I just gave up. I did use OPK's every month though... For me it did NO good, because it turns out my husband needed surgery to repair a blockage so I couldn't have gotten pregnant the natural way anyhow.... But I did like knowing that I was in fact ovulating.

Disney - that stinks about missing the phone call!!! Way to make a pregnant lady worry!!!!!! Let us know what the office says when you actually get to talk to a person!

. My doctors appt is Friday and I'm asking if I'm going to have to do a GD test or not... I'm also asking about testing for Krabbe Disease.... There is someone local whose baby was born with it and it is completely curable if caught in time... Highly recommend testing for it!!!

I didn't want to get out of bed his morning because my LO was dancing up a storm!!!!!

Congrats Postal Mom on Twins!!!! Super exciting!

Couldn't tolerate the 3h glucose test and threw up 30 min in. Now I need to start pricking my finger at home. Boohoo! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"