Pregnant after miscarriage... terrified

HannahMae

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My first pregnancy sadly ended in a missed miscarriage in April. I was supposed to be 12 weeks but a scan revealed a heartbreakingly empty sac. I had no pain, bleeding, or signs that anything was wrong (aside from symptoms slowly disappearing, but I thought that was because I was coming towards the end of my 1st trimester). I had to have an ERPC and it was a horrific experience both mentally and physically.

Just over two weeks ago (June 26th) I discovered I was pregnant again. I'm now 5w 2d according to my LMP. I am delighted but also terrified. I've booked an early reassurance scan for eight weeks, but that's still three weeks to wait before I'll know if everything is okay.

Every time I go to the loo I'm checking for blood and every ache or twinge I'm panicking. I'm getting way more symptoms than I did with my last pregnancy, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Has anyone else had a successful pregnancy following a loss? I'm utterly terrified and am not even allowing myself to get attached to this little bean for fear of losing it :(

Thanks!

Pregnancy after loss is hard. I’m sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages with a missed miscarriage (same as you where there were no signs) at 10 weeks at the beginning of the year. However, I am now 23 weeks. The first few weeks were hard but they get easier. I still worry at times but overall I’m jist enjoying every moment. Congratulations by the way!

So sorry for your previous loss <3

I'm in a very similar boat, had a missed miscarriage last March and am now 5 weeks pg, but a couple weeks out from our first scan. The anxiety can be soo hard to deal with!

This is what has been helping me: I've seen statistics showing that only about 2% of women will have a miscarriage twice in a row. This is confirmed to me by the many friends I have that experienced loss for their first and a healthy rainbow baby following that. That means that the odds are highly in our favor that this pregnancy will be fine. Hold onto that :)

Hi sweetie, I am so sorry that you lost your wee one. I know how hard that is...we've lost over 2 dozen. Turned out to be low progesterone and a clotting disorder. Can you ask to be tested for both? Praying for you and babe!

Hi Hannah, Congratulations and fingers crossed for you and your little baby! I lost my first around the 6 week mark and actually my 3 closest friends have all lost their first (at 6wks, 11wks and 13wks) and successfully carried their second so there is plenty of hope! I waited one cycle before trying again and fell pregnant straight after that with my second pregnancy. It was really scary that first half of the pregnancy until I started feeling regular movements, but I am now 33weeks with my rainbow! :hugs:

Hi sweetie, I am so sorry that you lost your wee one. I know how hard that is...we've lost over 2 dozen. Turned out to be low progesterone and a clotting disorder. Can you ask to be tested for both? Praying for you and babe!

You are so brave to keep trying that many. How many did you lose before getting tested for the clotting disorder? I was "lucky" to lose only 2 before they tested me, I've heard they usually test after 3 losses. I lost 3 more after that even with lovenox, and whenever I would think about how many times I'm willing to go through this my answer was "at least one more."

At least with recurrent losses is you will be watched closely, so you don't have the heartbreak of finding out baby died at 6 weeks when you are 12 weeks. You will find out much sooner.

To OP, for me, the anxiety never goes away. I'm 12 weeks now and I've never made it this far before. The doctors and ultrasound tech seem to think everything looks normal and great and I've begun to believe I'm going to have a baby this time. That belief in itself is scary because it makes me so vulnerable again.

I hope the second time is the charm for you.

The early weeks are so hard when you&#8217;ve had a loss before...hopefully the symptoms will be reassuring and you can stay busy to get through few these weeks until your scan. I&#8217;ve been trying to stay positive but the night before a scan I always get really nervous. It&#8217;s better now that I can feel the baby moving regularly, but even now at 25 weeks I still get moments of intense anxiety that I&#8217;m going to lose this baby. I just do my best to tell myself &#8220;today I am pregnant&#8221;. Wishing you so much luck that this is your rainbow baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->