Pregnant after mmc... and I feel like the same thing is happening **UPDATE PAGE 5**

Seriously, reading your update just made my day.

MADE. MY. DAY!

YippIIIEEEEE!!!

Thankyou everybody :) I am still anxious but have been getting what I'm 99.99999% sure are teeny baby flutters so feel really reassured by those when I get them :) much love to all of you xx

Bubbles I hope everything goes ok at your scan. Try not to worry too much (I know that's rich coming from me!) but it honestly won't change anything just because you're worrying.
I've had a feeling twice now, and I was right once and wrong once, so it doesn't always mean anything. Hugs and good luck to you hun xx

I don't think my scan went so well, it has left me feeling even more worried than before I went, definitely not reassured. The sonographer was really positive and said everything was fine, baby was there with a heartbeat, but she measured me at 5-6 weeks, which is two weeks less than my dates. She said it was fine and I'd just ovulated later than I thought, but I am certain of my dates and know he exact day I ovulated. There is no chance my dates could be two weeks out, I'd already had my BFP by the time she is saying I must've conceived. I told her the dates couldn't be wrong, so she took the measurements again a few times, but biggest she got was 6+1 when I thought I was 7+5, so that's still 11 days off, and I just can't think of a reasonable explanation for this other than the baby not developing well, and I'm so scared Ive now just got a long wait until my NHS scan only to find out baby has died in the meantime. Feeling so down and stuck in limbo yet again. It just doesn't seem to make sense how there was a heartbeat and everything if baby measured only 5-6 weeks, when I was 5-6 weeks with my last loss all thy could see was a gestational sac and they said that was normal for that far along.

The scan was only abdominal, she offered an internal when I wasn't happy with the dates, but when I asked if that would be more accurate she said no, so I didn't bother as I was already doubting her skills by that point and didn't want to interfere with anything internally if I didn't have to. I'm sure the hospital always say an internal is much more accurate at this stage though. Really don't know what to think now, kind of hoping for a big growth sport and some kind of miracle

Hi bubbles, I don't have a lot of advice as I'm not experienced with dates etc and how they're calculated. But I have 3 things I want to say to you and those are 1. internal scans ARE definitely more accurate at this stage. I was told at the epau that they don't do abdominal scans until 12wks because it's not as clear. When I had my MMC I was meant to be 12wks so they started abdominally with a full bladder but she wasn't "sure" that there was or wasn't a heartbeat so I had to empty my bladder and do an internal scan to be sure which is when she measured baby at around 7wks. I think it was completely wrong of your sonographer to do an abdominal scan that early tbh. 2. When I went for my early scan with this baby I should have been 6wks, they dated me as 5wks with nk heartbeat so I had to go back a week later to see if the heart had started beating. So a week later when I should have been 6wks by THEIR calculation, they measured me as 7 (what I should have been originally) with a heartbeat going perfectly. So it's possible either for baby to catch up with dates or to have been measured incorrectly (or very conservatively). And finally 3. Don't lose hope yet! If I were you I would go to your gp and explain the whole situation. Say that you physically can't have conceived that late and see if they will get you into the epau for a proper nhs scan. Good luck! Xx

Thank you, I really appreciate your advice. Keep going over and over it all trying to find possible answers other than there being something wrong, but it just seems such a large amount to be wrong by, not just a few days.

I'm so sorry bubbles, I've been through that numerous times and know what torture it is to be stuck in unknown land.

Sorry it wasn't more reassuring bubbles - have you posted on any of the forums? You might get some reassurance from other ladies who have been though similar. I hope all will be ok.

Yeah I've posted a thread in first and second tri but not really had much back yet

I've had that feeling with all of my pregnancies early on. It's just fear, as I'm just terrified throughout first tri and much of second tri, too. This is my fourth, though, and I'm 24 weeks along with 3 healthy toddlers! I'm so glad your scan went well. Your baby looks PERFECT! Congrats!!!

Hi ladies I too am anxiously waiting for a scan..... i am about 6 weeks along and have a scan on friday..... I had a mmc on april 30 and another mc in august.... i am so nervous this time around I am on progesterone suppositories and crossing my fingers... I am so scared cause I have had no symptoms. I had a hcg and it was 328 then a week later is was a little over 3800 that was last monday..... I am still so scared.... I am crossing fingers for all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->