Pregnant after mmc... and I feel like the same thing is happening **UPDATE PAGE 5**

I'd just do it. You need to know so you can move forward with remaining positive and know all is well or the other! I'm so sorry you are going through this!!! It's awful!!! But honestly I'd go get seen, however you have to do it.. that's what our drs are here for to listen to us and reassure us!!!

I had a look into it but most places round here will only scan from 16wks. One place offers viability scans from 7wks but it's £100 which I really can't afford :(

That is pricey :( some around me do it for £45/50 before 12 weeks! When will your 12 week scan be?

To have a first scan at 16 weeks seems a bit nuts to me. The latest they should scan you is 12 weeks. Usually it's costum to scan at 8 weeks to check for viability at least that's how my Dr does it. I would call and be honest tell then your symptoms have gone, you had a mmc in the past etc. they shouldn't refuse you!! I totally understand your concern there's no way in hell I'd wait until 16 weeks xx

In the UK you only get scans at 12 and 20 weeks unless you pay private. Most private places offer a 16 week scan for early sexing, OP should & I'm sure will have a 12 week scan for screening reasons. I always manage to get one at 9 weeks because my midwives dismiss the fact I have 7 week cycles and always say I'm 12 weeks 3 weeks before I am!

Sorry OP, just saw your scan is in 18 days! Why not tell your drs about the pains & cramps and previous mc, see if they can refer you? Then you're not lying xx

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I've had a mc, then had my DS, I was so nervous throughout my pregnancy but had an overwhelming feeling that all would be ok.
My dd was another experience altogether, we conceived first time, out of what I thought would be my fertile time and literally only dtd once that month. I was petrified throughout my whole pregnancy that it couldn't be that easy and was scared to get excited, pushed my husband away, put off planning and buying until late in 2nd tri.

If you can't afford a private scan I really would speak to your doctor or mw. My mw was really understanding and sent me for an early scan for reassurance. Xx

Whereabouts do you live Laila? Uk or elsewhere? I'm in the UK and where i live you won't get an early scan unless you have pain/bleeding or don't know when you conceived. Other than that you'll only be sent for a scan between 10-14wks which is when they check all is in order.
My scan is booked for 13wks, so not for another 3wks yet.
It just keeps niggling in my head because I carried my deceased baby for 5wks last time until I had my routine scan but knew right from the start something was up and my biggest regret is not going and pushing for an early scan. I was convinced I would just be fobbed off as neurotic. I was so angry with myself when they told me how long ago the baby had died. I'd KNOWN. And I did nothing :(

Hun dont be so hard on urself
I knew with my mmc too..thts y i bookd a private scan but it was 3 weeks agter baby died...

U can ring epu and lie and tell them u av abdo pain or spottin ..or tan discharge and tell them ur mmc and they will see u my midwife told me...
Its up to u wait it out hun or go get reassurance xxx

Big hugs

I agree.. sounds like you need the reassurance!!! Tell them you're having pain, and discharge!!!! Go get checked , it's a horrible feeling!!!

I've white lied to my OB several times to get a scan. The reality is, this is their job. They are your doctor and if you need that reassurance, then go do it. A white lie never hurt anyone. I would call and say something like all of my symptoms have disappeared and I'm really stressing, could I please come in and get checked.

I'm on the bandwagon with most of these ladies. Tell them you're having pain. It sounds to me like you ARE in pain, so it's not even a lie. Maybe not physical pain, but you're clearly in pain.

I understand. I had a missed miscarriage as well and it's so hard to wonder if the same thing is happening again now that I'm pregnant again. But I get to have an ultrasound every few weeks. I can't even imagine......

There would be NOTHING to feel guilty about if everything was fine. Nothing. You ARE in pain. Your struggling and their job is to help you through this stage of your pregnancy.

I say call, really push for it so you can put your mind at ease (at least for a little. I find the scans only help me for a few days though! Two days later I'm over analyzing again. It's quite the emotional insanity)

Good luck either way and keep us posted

Also the stress of this isn't good for you or baby and I'm positive your doctor would agree...they'd rather just give you that ultrasound than have you stress for the next two weeks and risk anything. Call!!

Whereabouts do you live Laila? Uk or elsewhere? I'm in the UK and where i live you won't get an early scan unless you have pain/bleeding or don't know when you conceived. Other than that you'll only be sent for a scan between 10-14wks which is when they check all is in order.
My scan is booked for 13wks, so not for another 3wks yet.
It just keeps niggling in my head because I carried my deceased baby for 5wks last time until I had my routine scan but knew right from the start something was up and my biggest regret is not going and pushing for an early scan. I was convinced I would just be fobbed off as neurotic. I was so angry with myself when they told me how long ago the baby had died. I'd KNOWN. And I did nothing :(

Oh you poor thing! Same happenned to me. 3 years ago I was pregnant and had a scan at 6 weeks and another at 8 weeks baby was perfect so I decided it would be fine to wait until 12 weeks for next one. Well, baby passed at 8+3 so I carried around a dead fetus for 4 weeks before discovering! It was awful. Had to have a DnC and then got an infection. Never bled or cramped once prior ...

I live in Canada and my OB works as follows. Once you get a bfp you go in and do betas at his office he has a CdL lab and 5 4d ultrasound machines. Then u can ultimately go in whenever u want and get a scan. However the usual appt is a scan at 8 weeks to check viability and then again at 12,16,20,28,32.

Thankyou so much everyone. I can't explain how much you've all helped me with your kind replies. It's nice to not be brushed off.
I spoke to my mum about it last night, she knows what happened last time, and she also thinks I should get checked out if I'm not happy. It's Saturday today so I can't do anything about it now but first thing on Monday I will ring the Dr and try and get seen.

Absolutely no symptoms today. No queasiness, no palpitations.
Only weird thing is (not sure if I've mentioned it before and it's TMI) a lot of stretchy, jelly like yellow mucus whenever I wipe and sometimes in my knickers too. No odour or itching/pain or anything so don't think it's an infection.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I get an earlier scan come Monday.

Thankyou so much again everyone. You've been so amazingly helpful and reassuring :) xx

P.S I've had the mucus for quite a while, not just today. Wanted to make that clear!

I'm so sorry for your loss before Hun and I completely understand your fears, before this baby I had a mmc and two chemical pregnancies, I didn't beleive this pregnancy would progress, I was scared the whole time and constantly worried when I didn't feel sick or anything, I asked my doctor for an early scan because I was panicking so much about another mmc and he sent me for a scan to put my mind at rest, I had the scan and saw babies little heartbeat and it made me feel better for a couple of days but then the panic set in again, my 12 week scan was so scary, but again baby was perfect, unfortunately when you have suffered a loss I don't think the worrying stops until you have your baby in your arms, I know I still worry every day, I wait anxiously for the first kick of the day, it's awful to not be able to enjoy pregnancy as much because of your fears but it's all part of having suffered loss. It's normal for you to feel worried Hun but it doesn't mean anything is wrong, try ask your doctor for a reassurance scan because you are stressing, I hope you get an early scan and I'm sure your little baby is growing perfectly, best of luck Hun xx

I'm so glad you are going to try to get seen sooner! I hope everything is OK with baby :hugs: i wanted to say.. I've had the yellowish, stretchy cm since the beginning of this pregnancy and still do occasionally and have seen other ladies get the same so it isn't usually a bad thing. :flower:

My first scan was also at 13 weeks and I'm in the midlands uk. I rang up the anti natal appointments number (should be on appointment letter) and asked if there was a chance I could be seen any earlier. Well they booked me a week earlier so it will be at nearly 12 weeks now. You can give that a go?

I'm so sorry for your losses Charlie *hugs* it's such a terrible thing to have to go through. The worst part for me about the MMC was knowing for so long that something was wrong but feeling completely unable to reach out for help. It was like a kick in the teeth to find out I'd been right all that time and should have really pushed for help.
Even though I know the chances of having 2 in a row are very small I just can't help thinking I've jinxed it by getting pregnant so soon after the first MMC. I only had one period and then fell pregnant straight after that.

@happynewmom That's good to know at least. It's been worrying me in case it's my mucus plug not forming properly or something.

I've got a Dr's appointment on Tuesday but am still going to ring tomorrow too. It might look a bit coincidental if I leave it till my other appointment. They might be able to refer me over the phone if I can speak to a Dr anyway.

Been getting the weirdest feeling in my pelvis area since yesterday, it's like a very dull cramping. Kind of like my uterus is squeezing but I can only feel it on the inside not outside like and all over like period cramps. I don't know what this all means and the wondering is driving me crazy.

I hope everything is ok but I can completely understand how you feel. I knew right from the beginning I was going to loose my last pregnancy (early loss) and this time I can't tell if what I feel is fear or my gut again. It sucks we have to wait until 12-13 weeks for a first scan in the UK.

I got pregnant this time straight after my mmc. All is well, that doesn't mean anything! :) I really hope all is well!!!

Tinky I'm having exactly the same problem, it's hard to distinguish between genuine gut instinct and worry/overthinking/fear because of last time.

I know Pink, I guess it's just hard not to overthink and double guess everything. I try and keep faith that what's meant to be will be but it's hard when it involves something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->