Pregnant after twins

AlwaysDreamin

Reaction score
I'm not sure where I should post this tbh... I'll just explain what's going on in my head.

I have twins boys that will be 2 at the end of October.
I have just found out I'm expecting again!
It's a shock but I'm really happy.

But I can't help but worry.
My boys were born at 26 weeks as twin 1 had iugr and his EDF went into reversal.
It was very difficult as you can imagine, and I know other moms have gone through this too.
Seeing all they went through over the months in nicu was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with.

They are coming along absolutely fabulous now and I'm so proud of them.

I guess I'm wondering, what are the chances of me having a premature baby again?
I've tried to google it but the only info I can find is on women who have gone into spontaneous labour, obviously that wasn't the case with me.

I know no-one can tell me really... I guess I was just wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar and what happened when you became pregnant a second time?

I didn't want to post this in the premature and nicu forum as there are women in there now who are going through a tough time and didn't think they'd want to read this... So I'm not sure where to post. I also posted this in twins and multiples but I'm not sure if many people use that board.

Thanks ladies x

I'm sorry I have no advice, but I will say statistics show that only about 4%(I think-I'll look it up again) of pregnancies deliver before 32 weeks due to spontaneous labor!

Here's the graph.. I don't believe you having you babies early because of medical reasons has anything to do with you having this baby prematurely! Hopefully these stats give you some reassurance! (Also it may help to talk to mom's who've lost babies at that time frame and gone on to have full term deliveries... I know it's completely possible!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-21-13-58-52-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-21-13-58-52-1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
I don't want my above post to sound insensitive... I just meant talk to other mom's who've delivered at that gestation for any reason .... I'm sorry if that came off as insensitive!!!!!

Oh not at all, I know what you meant. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me!
The graphs are interesting... If not completely reassuring. Lol.
When I was pregnant it always seemed I had things happening that only 1% of people go through... Statistics never seemed to go in my favour! Lol.

I guess all I can do is wait and have a chat with my midwife at some point... I can't find any info at all that's similar to what happened during my pregnancy. Just gotta keep everything crossed!

Hey! You got your BFP! I guess all that cramping was a good sign after all. :winkwink: Congrats!

As for having another premature baby: it sounds like your twins came prematurely due mostly to IUGR. If that's the case I can give you hope! My first had IUGR, and then I went on to have two perfect IUGR-free pregnancies! :flower: My OB has me take baby aspirin daily to help prevent it from happening again.

Thank you so much spiffynoodles!
I knew all that cramping wasn't normal for me... Turns out it was a BFP! Lol.
You've no idea how happy I am to hear you had two iugr free pregnancies! I'm really hoping this pregnancy goes abit more smoothly lol. Thank you so much for replying to me! x

I'm incredibly tearful today (no idea why, it's not like me at all!) so you've really made me feel better about it all! x

Congrats on your bfp!

My twins weren't quite as early as yours but they were delivered at 34+1, not because of being in labour either (twin 2 hadn't grown in 2 weeks, placental share issues).
But I can say that my last two successful pregnancies I carried to 38+6 and 37+6 with no labour in sight (both planned csections).

Your chances are low maybe of even someone who's never had a prem as you had twins before which is a massive risk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->