Pregnant after Vasectomy Reversal Club (AKA VR BUMP WAGS)

Thank you live-in-hope for your help. I have finally booked the VR with Mr Harriss for next Tue 21st May. OMG its so close now,very excited and nervous all at the same time. I hope to be joining all you lovely ladies with a :bfp: very soon.:happydance:
I'ts taken so long to make this final step and will let you all know how it goes over the coming weeks and months ahead.

Hey! :wave: yay congrats on the start of your exciting journey!! I did reply to you on my journal! You'll have to start one now! :dance: xxx

1 week today will be hubby's 1st SA and I'm sooo anxious!! Just needed to say it somewhere! (we haven't really told many people about the VR, until there's something exciting to tell we don't want any added pressure!)

We started trying just shy of 2 weeks after the op (we did try to wait longer lol) but June 11th we should know if all our hard earned cash and dh pain has been worth it!x

praying for a few swimmers

hope everyone's ok on their VR baby journey, I can tell its going to be a long one! ��

XxxX

Hey Linzle! Oh yay for your SA! :thumbup: remember it doesnt matter how low it is, you want to look at quality. You can have all the sperm in the world but 0% motility, so its the motility you want to see a good number. But remember, my hubby only had 4% motility out of a very poor 1million sperm per/ml and we are now expecting our 2nd, 2.5 years after the VR! Xxx wishing you all the luck, keep me posted!

That's really good to know thankyou so much for your insight! I will keep you posted :)

Xxxxxxx Lindsay xxxxxxX

So after been made to wait more than 4weeks and around 15 conversations with various people who have NO clue what they're talking about and being palmed off by those who are supposed to be experts...we had a call from a secretary to say the sperm analysis was negative and the procedure hasn't worked. NO more info has been provided, no discussion with our surgeon, no one has seen my husband since he left surgery, nothing in writing, no idea if they mean just less than 20m per ml (ie negative as standard) or if there are no swimmers full stop. Couldn't be more hurt upset and let down and this is supposed to be private care and better than the NHS...after paying so much money I had hoped some1 could have taken the time to write us a letter or let us down gently!! I don't know where we go from here...IVF is so expensive and all our savings have gone on the VR

Rant over xx

oh no! Im shocked :shock: shocked that they have just let you know like that! I got a written letter from my surgeon about a week after i was given the results over the phone which were given the day after hubby submitted the sample. We were given some advice though as to how to boost things. Dont lose hope yet as sperm can take up to a year to reach its max after a VR. We Were told to go back again after 3 months to check to see if things had improved but luckily we didnt need to go back. So im sure if you went to your gp in about 3 months time, you could sort another SA? Maybe check with them anyway coz the SA results will be on your hubbys notes that would be sent to his doctors.... Worth asking :shrug: xx

That's encouraging to know thankyou glad no1 else has been treated this way its been the worst part of the whole thing! Hubby has started taking zinc and were gona retest at the end of August so fingers crossed its not a hopeless case x

Hey guys kinda fell off the planet for a while..our vas reversal miracles are Micah who just turned 3yrs and our newest boy is Adon (pronounced like Adam but Adon) who is 4 months:) I'm so full of love :) gl to each and everyone of you��

hey nicoley! :wave: congrats on your vr miracles! :cloud9::cloud9: Im back on here after hubby scarred over, he had another vr in sept...so here we go again 5 yrs later!! My vr miracle baby is 4 now, she really is my world :hugs: the original vr wag page is still quite active xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->