Pregnant and underweight

Wishing_well

Reaction score
Since having my daughter I've lost more than 2 stone (due to breastfeeding) and was 7stone (at 5'6, BMI 16.3) when I fell pregnant.
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have already gained 4lb whilst not eating any differently!
With my first I only gained 10lb and all in 3rd tri.

So my question is, anyone that's been underweight, did you find that you gained a lot more weight or just faster? I really don't want to gain loads :(

If your under weight you really should be gaining more weight . Underweight women usually they recommend you gain 30 to 40 pounds minimum some people more depending how under weight you are .

You might not like the idea but your baby needs it. You gain more worthy because your body knows you need to

I know my body will gain if I need it but I was wondering how fast/much other ladies gained.

As for the "rules", I was of a perfectly normal BMI during my first pregnancy and only gained 10lb, so nowhere near the recommended amount. I eat what I like, when I like so it's not like I was dieting.

When I was pregnant with my first I was 5'3 about 100 lbs. I don't remember if I gained any quicker, but I did gain a lot! Between 60-65 lbs. The good news was I dropped the weight back off pretty quickly (about 6 mos) but then became pregnant again. Congrats!

Before I was pregnant I had a bmi of 16, I ended up putting on 2 stone during pregnancy, and lost a stone after giving birth :) they never weighed me while I was pregnant despite being high risk due to my bmi and used the same measurements from 8 weeks pregnant throughout :/

When I fell PG with DD I was 9st 7lb, by the time I was 20 weeks I'd only put on 5lb. It's hard to tell what I would have been because I had so much water retention I was 13st 4lb by the end!! I lost it all within 2 weeks and kept losing it until I got down to 8st 2lb, which is what I was when I conceived this time. I am 9 weeks now and weigh 8st 10lb already. So yes, I'm gaining weight loads faster. But then I'm nowhere near as sick this time so I'm eating loads more than I usually do. But I've hating being so skinny that I can't wait to get a bit more fat on me again.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->