Pregnant but for how long?

oneof14

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Long story short. I thought I got my period last Monday last week with 2 days bleed followed by brown/dark red spotting still. Confused, I took a pregnancy test today and it was positive 1-2 weeks. Can someone tell me if this is normal for 1-2 weeks, or if its a chemical, possibly ectopic pregnancy.

Brief background about me after 2 years of TTC followed by 4 IUI followed by 3 IVF's I finally got pregnant and had my daughter, this now comes at a complete shock for us as we never thought this was possible.

Thank you in advance ladies.

I can't say with any certainty what's going on in your situation, but if AF was due last week, then a digital saying 1-2 weeks sounds perfect. I don't think a chemical would still show up, my understanding is that they go away really quickly. And ladies have all range of bleeding and spotting, so it's hard to nail anything down based on your bleeding. Go to the dr and do a blood test to put your mind at ease. I hope you get this miracle bean after all the work it took for you to get your precious, curly-haired girl!!:kiss:

Thank you so much for your response Vonn! I plan on going to Doc on Monday. I did call the Doc today (before i tested) to ask about the spotting.

hi oneof14,
Just wanted to chip in to say spotting isn't always bad. A friend of mine bled several times during the firsts trimester and everything was fine with her baby.
And vice versa: When I miscarried last year, there wasn't a single spot of blood, only the ultrasound revealed a problem... fingers crossed!

Thanks PatientMum, I spotted for almost the entire first trimester with my daughter and all was fine, but I've also had a chemical pregnancy. Im still testing positive for 1-2 weeks, when I feel like I should be further along. It really is a waiting game and i don't feel confident. I am embarrassed to say, I don't know when my last monthly was, so i really don't know how far along i should be, but still feel like it should be more than 1-2 weeks. Im still spotting too, mostly brown and dark red, so completely strange.

Im sorry about your miscarriage.

Im going in for blood-work/ultrasound tomorrow to see whats going on!

Not looking too good, nothing to see and lining is thin. Still testing positive on digi. Blood will let me know what's going on hopefully.

Quick up date, hcg was 29, looks like a chemical.

Sorry Hun, I was hoping for you!
Let us know if there are more updates, maybe it was late implantation bleed you had. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Myshelsong, since my lining was so thin at my ultrasound yesterday, I knew the possibility of implantation was low.

What I'm really bummed about is that it was a surprise natural BFP after so many years of infertility. I feel like my body was finally doing what its supposed to be doing. This really did play tricks on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->