Pregnant Man??

I have no problem with it, really, transgender people get enough harassment from the general population as it is. However, I do find it curious that he is psychologically male yet still wants to undergo what is arguably one of the most 'female' experiences you can. :shrug:

i dont know, i dont feel more womanly for being able to have children :) i wonder if he didnt link having children with 'being female' but didnt want to sacrifice the chance of being a daddy with his own genetic child. i think the two issues can be detached from each other depending on how you want to look at it :)

I have no problem with it, really, transgender people get enough harassment from the general population as it is. However, I do find it curious that he is psychologically male yet still wants to undergo what is arguably one of the most 'female' experiences you can. :shrug:

Exactly my point he wants to be a man but still go through the amazing experience of having a baby growing inside of him which only a woman can go through.

She injected the sperm into Thomas, she took hormones which enabled her to breastfeed!

I'm sorry ladies but I don't agree with the whole thing I think it's wierd no matter what century we are in, wether the kids are loved or not, they will be subject to bullies as kids are cruel.

oh i see. so she inseminated him with a needle. im less confused now lol. thanks. i didnt know you can take hormones to produce milk either although i dont know why i didnt think of that :)

She injected the sperm into Thomas, she took hormones which enabled her to breastfeed!

I'm sorry ladies but I don't agree with the whole thing I think it's wierd no matter what century we are in, wether the kids are loved or not, they will be subject to bullies as kids are cruel.

Luckily, most people don't give a rat's *ss what you think or agree with. Kids are cruel when they learn cruelty at home from judgmental parents. You don't care if the kids are loved, you just care if they are bullied? That's really messed up.

I guess my whole thought on this is that most transgendered people want to distance themselves from their physical sex as much as possible, because they don't mentally associate with that part of themselves. I can't help but see pregnancy as being a very 'woman' thing, IYKWIM -- not that it makes you more of a woman to go through it or anything, but it's something that biologically only women can do.

I guess I would just figure he'd rather have had his partner inseminated... considering she is both physically and mentally female. To each their own, I've just always found their decision curious. I can't see it being the one most transgendered men would make.

im guessing he was a woman once but also i want to know - how did the mother manage to breastfeed?

Not everyone can breastfeed you know!! Doesn't mean the baby is not getting the proper care or whatever...

where in that post did i say anything about anyone not breast feeding or a baby not getting proper care? think you need to read it again x

I'm sorry I misread your comment this post and people judging it has made me kind of angry!! I work with a group of people who are always being judged for being different and it really gets to me how people can be so close minded. Sorry again x

Maybe if adults wernt so judgemental then kids wouldnt grow up to be bullies :shrug:

im guessing he was a woman once but also i want to know - how did the mother manage to breastfeed?

Not everyone can breastfeed you know!! Doesn't mean the baby is not getting the proper care or whatever...

where in that post did i say anything about anyone not breast feeding or a baby not getting proper care? think you need to read it again x

I'm sorry I misread your comment this post and people judging it has made me kind of angry!! I work with a group of people who are always being judged for being different and it really gets to me how people can be so close minded. Sorry again x

its ok - i read the rest of the thread after and saw your posts and figured you must have been getting a bit hot under the collar lol

I guess my whole thought on this is that most transgendered people want to distance themselves from their physical sex as much as possible, because they don't mentally associate with that part of themselves. I can't help but see pregnancy as being a very 'woman' thing, IYKWIM -- not that it makes you more of a woman to go through it or anything, but it's something that biologically only women can do.

I guess I would just figure he'd rather have had his partner inseminated... considering she is both physically and mentally female. To each their own, I've just always found their decision curious. I can't see it being the one most transgendered men would make.

i know what you mean :) but i think its definately wanting to pass on your genes and have your own flesh and blood as an alternative to adopting/egg donor etc. she could have had her eggs frozen i suppose but then i think the chances of successfully fertilising one would be less than if he kept them in him. i think even a natural man would rather have his own child than someone elses - no matter how open minded to alternative forms of having children there were

I think it's rank you should be a woman or a man, I have no problem with sex changes but I do have a problem with people who can't make their mind up then make thousands on a documentary about something which is not out of the ordinary anyway. He is not a man he is a woman a very confused one at that.

I hate to be rude but your attitude is disgusting, people like YOU are the reason the child will face adversity. Like the guy said, children will be teased for anything. Just because their family is slightly different from others does not make it rank or unacceptable. His wife was unable to carry a child and he did it for her, so that they could have a family. That's an amazing sacrifice from a man to his wife, to take whatever flack he's given to make his wife and his family happy. And yes, he is a man. He WAS a woman, but the testosterone made his clitoris enlarge to a small penis (he is able to have penetrative sex, I watched another documentary about these guys a while ago), which in my books, make him totally male. He's a guy who loves his wife and his daughter, and the child that they are having. The only difference he has to mine or your OH's is that he has a womb.

If people like you would live and let live, the child would never have to be bullied. :growlmad:

Maybe if adults wernt so judgemental then kids wouldnt grow up to be bullies :shrug:

I agree 100% with this.

ETA: For some reason I thought this was in pregnancy club, sorry for tri-hopping!

Luckily, most people don't give a rat's *ss what you think or agree with. Kids are cruel when they learn cruelty at home from judgmental parents. You don't care if the kids are loved, you just care if they are bullied? That's really messed up.

I hope your not emplying that I will learn my child to be cruel to other children, kids are cruel because they dont understand why people make certain decisions! I can't stand seeing children unhappy and when that child finds out that his dad gave birth to him he will be unhappy. In my opinion they should have adopted or used suragacy.

I hope your not emplying that I will learn my child to be cruel to other children, kids are cruel because they dont understand why people make certain decisions! I can't stand seeing children unhappy and when that child finds out that his dad gave birth to him he will be unhappy. In my opinion they should have adopted or used suragacy.

Yep and as parents its our responsibility to show our children that everyone is different and shouldnt be judged.....

I actually agree with lalabelle.

Why use surrogacy anyway, if you've got the equipment to do it yourself? Ridiculous notion. And yes, kids wouldn't be cruel or judgemental unless they learn it from somewhere. They don't get stereotypes and negative views out of thin air! :dohh:

i know what you mean :) but i think its definately wanting to pass on your genes and have your own flesh and blood as an alternative to adopting/egg donor etc. she could have had her eggs frozen i suppose but then i think the chances of successfully fertilising one would be less than if he kept them in him. i think even a natural man would rather have his own child than someone elses - no matter how open minded to alternative forms of having children there were

I definitely agree there, on one hand I totally understand the decision but part of my brain is like, "But if I was a man....":dohh: Obviously I've never been in that particular place, so how am I to know what I would want to do, lol. It is hard to get my mind around, though. Darn these things challenging my world view!:haha:

i dont mind this at all, ive just read the 1st page of comments some people are plain ignorent

i dont see the problem so long as they love the children and give them a good life thats the most important thing

a lot of people complain on here about friends or family members getting pregnant all the time and are crap parents, where does it end?

as far as im aware this guy is planning on completing his sex change once they stop having children big deal wether he complets the change or not, i would be supportive of 2 gays or 2 lesbians becoming parents through adoption or surragate, this is no difference to me

I think I read somewhere that his partner had had a hysterectomy so he was their only chance to have a child of their own.
I have a few friends who are transgender both m-f and f-m I dont see why people should judge them for wanting their own children?
I don't necessarily agree with publicising it tho. Had it been done quietly and not as public then no one would have had to have known and the bullying thing wouldn't be an issue, the kids would just go to school and have a mummy and daddy, even as it is most kids wouldn't realise till someone said something.
I know a couple o gay couples with kids, should they not be alowed to have kids in case they get bullied? I'm overweight should I not be allowed to have kids in case they are bullied?
My point is if kids want to find a reason to bully then they will.
Gay parents etc is much more common now than when we were at school so once our babes are at school it'll be far more accepted.

I definitely agree there, on one hand I totally understand the decision but part of my brain is like, "But if I was a man....":dohh: Obviously I've never been in that particular place, so how am I to know what I would want to do, lol. It is hard to get my mind around, though. Darn these things challenging my world view!:haha:

it is certainly an interesting subject and i suppose we cant know without asking :)

I am implying that your children learn how to behave from you- and if they learn to mimic your behavior, I have no doubts that your children will be the one on the playground mocking any child who has a family who is different than what YOU have implied is within the acceptable ranges of "normal".

Kids are cruel because they learn to be cruel from their parents. I'm not quite certain that you can even see how cruel your words are in this thread- but telling someone that you've declared what gender they are despite their preferences, berating them for a difficult decision they made, and implying that they are bad parents because their children will be bullied- well, let's just say that I hope your children becomes bastions of tolerance and acceptance and love despite their less-than-stellar upbringing.

I am implying that your children learn how to behave from you- and if they learn to mimic your behavior, I have no doubts that your children will be the one on the playground mocking any child who has a family who is different than what YOU have implied is within the acceptable ranges of "normal".

Kids are cruel because they learn to be cruel from their parents. I'm not quite certain that you can even see how cruel your words are in this thread- but telling someone that you've declared what gender they are despite their preferences, berating them for a difficult decision they made, and implying that they are bad parents because their children will be bullied- well, let's just say that I hope your children becomes bastions of tolerance and acceptance and love despite their less-than-stellar upbringing.

\\:D/ Loving the bolded I's :rofl:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->