Pregnant - Now Looking for Buddy due on 21st May

janine0187

Reaction score
Hello guys,

2 days ago I found I am pregnant. It was an amazing feeling when it popped up on the test. :) This will be our first child. So bf and me are reading a lot of books lately to make sure we will do everything right. This is going to be a big step for us but has to be done at some stage anyways. :)

So who will team up with me as my buddy and is due same as me around 21st May? I want to add you to my signature. :):happydance:

Hi

Congrats on your :bfp: it really is an amazing feeling isn't it? I am due on the 18th of May with my 2nd :cloud9: Would love to be bump buddies and offer any advise I can from my first time round. Hope you aare feeling well :flower:

xx

Hi there! :)

thanks for your congrats first of all! :) :hugs:

I am feeling grand. I just dont like the feeling of getting fatter. lol But I guess I will have to deal with that. It is not even the baby as I am only 4 weeks but I get bloating and that makes me look fat. :( I tried on one of my favorite dresses and it was too tight. lol But that could also be because I might have washed it too hot. It was a bit tight when I bought it. Excuses, excuses. :D

When did you get a bump with your first baby?

Bloating is a nightmare, I hated not fitting into my clothes, it was the inbetween stage that was the worst when you don't have a proper bump so you don't look pregnant just that you have been eating too many pies :haha: I can't remember really, I know it was quite early as I was worried I wouldn't be able to hide it from my work until 12 weeks.

Have you made an appointment with your doctor yet?

Lol I understand. I'd say I will be able to hide it until 12 weeks. We'll see. Because even when I was not pregnant I always had a little bump and it looked like I was pregnant from the side. lol

No, I haven't made an appointment yet because I am in America at the moment. I will in 2 weeks when I am back.

That's handy then for hiding it :haha:

I haven't made appoinment yet either, will probably do it next week but I think I will just phone the maternity unit direct as the last time my doctor did nothing except ask if I was taking my folic acid and refer me onto the midwives.

Are you on holiday in America?

I know! :)

Yeah I am. But I will be going back in 2 weeks.

I am calling up my doctor straight away then and see what he/she says. Probably a lot of questions. I need to go to the doctor anyways, as I have to get another blood test done for my underactive thyroid to see if I need higher dosage of my tablets.

You are lucky your holiday will make the early weeks go past quicker and that's always good :thumbup:

Will you have to be monitored throughout your pregnancy with your underactive thyroid?

I don't think I have to be monitored with my underactive thyroid. It doesn't harm the baby like but there could be a chance that he/she will get it in her/his teenager period because it is common in my family. It is nothing to worry about as long as you take your tablets. There is nothing really bad about it but I completely forgot that I had it and then I saw this show on TV where all the symptoms where covered that I had so I went back to the doctor beginning of this year. ( bear in mind I haven't taken my tablets for about 5 years then at least) All ok now.

I should have known that, I studied it as part of my uni course, since having a baby my brain has turned to mush, see what you have to look forward to :haha:

haha I read about it. You get forgetfulness during pregnancy. OMG imagine.. I am forgetful anyways. :haha:

I don;t know but I will talk with my doctor about it and see if it is going to be a problem. But the fact that we have tried for our first baby the very first time and it worked straight away I don't think there is going to be any complications.

Oh it's awful especially when you are pregnant, I did some really stupid things last time, like going out in my slippers and losing things and finding them in stupid places like bread in the fridge!! :blush:

Aw that's great you got your :bfp: so quickly. We were 5 months with our little girl and 5 months this time

We were something like 2 weeks. Not even. lol Pretty fast I know and I didn't think it is going to happen that quickly to me. But anyone probably thinks that... " Why should I be the lucky one to get pregnant?"

Last night I got up in the middle of the night looking out the window for no reason. I do remember it. lol

I know what you mean. Falling so quick means you don't have the worry that something might be wrong, even though it says it takes the average couple up to a year, after 4 months I was panicking thinking there was something wrong, I am just far too impatient :blush:

:rofl: that is so funny, pregnancy does strange things to you!!

The average is a year? Really? OMG, that is too funny. :haha: I guess I won't be having any issues for 2 more babies then. lol But I'l see how the first one goes. I hope it is going to be a girl but of course anything is fine too. I appreciate to have one at all.

So would you like 3 altogether? I don't know how many we would like, will see how I get on with a baby and a toddler. I have a girl, so would like a boy now. o you think you would find out what you are having?

My bf wants 4. lol I am a single child so I think 1 is ok but 2 would be perfect so the other one has a play buddy.

Yeah, I want to find out as soon as possible what gender my baby is.

My hubby want 4 too, I will wait and see how I cope with 2 first!! We found out with Erin, it is much easier to plan things when you know what you are having, will def find out again this time.

Yeah that's what I think too. You can prepare yourself and buy the right things.

By the way when did you start buying things like car seat, baby room stuff etc?

We started buying things after the 20 week anomaly scan. We were lucky that we were given a lot of things by my sister like a cot, moses basket etc. I made a point of buying a cute wee girls outfit after we found out the sex :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->