Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

Oh mrskg I'm so sorry Hun for your loss I wish I could give you a huge hug, I hope things turn around for u hun and u get your forever baby really soon xxxx
Things have been really hectic here, little miss Ella had another choking attack where she starting choking on her formula/spew it came out of her nose and mouth at the same time and she starting going purple, she just kept looking at me with absolute terror on her face saying help me!! It scared the living hell out of me, it was so terrifying!!! I had to put her on her stomach and slap her back to get her to breathe again!! I was on my own too and all I could think of during that time was even if I rang 000 they wouldn't get here in time and she could die!!! It was the worse thing I have ever had to go through apart from when the same thing happened just before we took her back to hospital last time but at least my husband was there last time coz it was really scary going through that alone!!! I hope that never ever happens again!!! The weird thing was that I was burping her in an upright position when it happened ??? U would think it would more likely happen if she was on her back?? It scares me to think of it happening again !!!
Xxxx

Harrison did this exact event to me two days ago. I had given him an eye dropper of vit. D when he started to choke. He coughed so hard he got sick and sucked some milk into his lungs. He was gasping and his eyes were pleading with me to let in air. His face instantly went blue. I was so scared, I held him over my arm and gave gentle taps to his back. It felt like I did it for 5 mins but it was probably 30 seconds. I was about to call 911 when he gave a cough and took a breath. What scared me even more was after he recover he acted real sleepy. I didn't put him down for hours for fear of him stopping breathing. I kept checking his breath / color. I called the MW and explained what happened. I was afraid that some liquid might still be in his lungs. She told me not to worry and when I asked why he had done that she said that since their diafram ( sp?) is still immature it probably spasumed were cased his to choke. I have not given him the vit. D since. I am so scared of that happening again.
I am so glad Ella is okay and you stayed calm. Being alone is the worst thing when there is a scare.:hugs:

((( Future))) gosh that is so scary!! I'm so glad Harrison is fine too.

Ella was sleepy after as well and I was so scared to put her down too I just held her for ages!!! Its so scary huh?? I'm so sorry you went through that too Hun, I hope it never happens again for both of us!!! I'm not sure why it happened Dorian but maybe what future said makes some sense, my m/w didnt seem worried at all so it must happen alot but it has never happened to me before and I hope it never does again!!! Xxx

I 40 and I am pregnant with several teenagers and they were all excited to hear about the new baby. My new spouse has 3 children of his own and between us we have 8 children making this one number 9. We are excited and the teenagers are only just now adding the years tonights conversation was how my 18 year old discovered that when she is 40 her sibling with be 22. Her younger sister just laughs at her. Friends were very excited for us but family not so much. My children's father had just died of a massive heart attack and we found out we were pregnant a month later, conceived the same weekend that my spouse had a vasectomy, suprise! Our kids are excited and have commented that this baby joins our families. Big responsibility for a baby but they think it is a very exciting concept.

Welcome hun and congratulations on your pregnancy :) I know how u feel, we went through all that when our 1st child came along (I already had 2 girls then and he had 2 girls and 2 boys) so when we found out we were pregnant it was full on at first the kids were shocked and thought we were too old to have more kids but when tayler came they all fell in love with her :) when we decided to have another child after that the girls were all excited :) once Ella came 4 weeks ago they have all been lining up at the door to see her and to tell tayler that she's a big sister now lol yeah she's a bit jealous about that lol but thankfully it's starting to get better :) but yeah you just have to do what's right for u in the end as everyone else has their own lives or at least will when they are older :)
Welcome again :)

Future and ready how are u ladies doing?? And how are those gorgeous babies of yours?? :)

Welcome mom of 7:hugs: I also had three grown daughters when I got pregnant with Emily. When Emily is 20 my oldest will be 40:haha:

We are doing good. Harrison weighs 10lbs 13lbs at his one month appt.
I think I have a tad of the baby blues ( not sure since I have never had it before) since I am very weppy. I cry about everything.. commercials, something DH says or no reason at all..:dohh:

Welcome to the board, Mom of 7, and congrats!

:hugs:Future, I hope your blues go away soon.

Oh Hun it does sound like the blues :( I had a touch of it when I had my 2nd child although at the time I just thought it was just me!! It ruined my marriage which was already on the rocks, he just couldn't handle my mood swings lol I couldn't handle them either lol they got much worse when he left me to the point of hives all over my body from head to toe!!! I ended up going to the doctor for that and then he found out I had pnd so he gave me some tablets and I was fine after that ;) I had forgotten about that until I saw your post lol mind u it was 13 years ago lol back then though pnd wasn't as widely known about and most people thought it was just because my marriage broke up and weren't very supportive grrr it was really hard!! Go to your doc Hun and get them to check u out :) if they put u on tablets you should be feeling better soon xx u don't want to feel like that with kids to look after and daycare kids too!! I hope u feel better soon Hun xxx

I did talk to my MW about it when I was there on Thursday.
She suggested I do a few things that I enjoy to boast my spirits.
I am noticing that by the end of the week my moods are worst since I have been alone with the kids 16 hrs a day and DH has been little help as he is home in time to get Emily in bed.
I think it is a little of cabin fever and the blues.
I got a chance to go to a friends place for a whole lotta tongue wagging and I do feel much better..I sometimes feel overwelmed with the two kids since Harrison is so damanding of my time and I think I beat myself up over it which makes my moods worst.

I am so sad for your experience in the past with the blue, mum. I often wonder why ppl aren't more supportive of new moms ( weither it's your first or tenth)
My neighbours are an older couple El Salvador and family means everything to them. Rosea was telling me that when she had her children her MIL and mother took turns helping out around the house. It was custom for new mothers to focus on baby for the first 41 days after birth.

Hi Ladies
Food for Thought.... I had experiences with my son turning blue and appearing to choke spent 4 days in the children's hopsital. They thought he may be have been choking on his milk also. Turns out he was allergic to our black lab and it was causing inflamation preventing him from breathing and swallowing properly. After cleaning up the house of hair and removing the carpet from the house we never had any other issues with his breathing. Up until he was nearly 1 1/2 years old I had been sleeping with him in a sitting position on the couch since he would stop breathing at night if he was laying down. Just wanting to throw that out there since it is unsual but it does happen.

Hi Ladies
Food for Thought.... I had experiences with my son turning blue and appearing to choke spent 4 days in the children's hopsital. They thought he may be have been choking on his milk also. Turns out he was allergic to our black lab and it was causing inflamation preventing him from breathing and swallowing properly. After cleaning up the house of hair and removing the carpet from the house we never had any other issues with his breathing. Up until he was nearly 1 1/2 years old I had been sleeping with him in a sitting position on the couch since he would stop breathing at night if he was laying down. Just wanting to throw that out there since it is unsual but it does happen.

Thank you for the advice.
I did bring it up to my midwife but I have told myself that is it happens again I will be taking him to the ER. I have been ever so careful when giving him the drops.
My daughter is also allergic to dogs and we discover it when she had ear / throat/ chest infection after infection. My DR set her for allergy testing on a off chance it was allergies. We have a dog but he is hypo-allergenic but her babysitter had two large dogs. I didn't put two and two together that she never had an issue before she started daycare.. I was assuming it was kids passing it kids:dohh:

P.S. Where in BC are you, momof7 ?
My older daughter is working in Courtnay !

Hi ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies. Sorry I have been MIA it is kind of hard to get online these days. Here are a couple pictures of Gregory.

Attachments

• fam pic.jpg
    fam pic.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Gregory Ozenne III.jpg
    Gregory Ozenne III.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi ladies,

Welcome to all the newbies. Sorry I have been MIA it is kind of hard to get online these days. Here are a couple pictures of Gregory.

Beautiful photos!!! Congratulations!!

I'm just almost 11 weeks in and this week it seems hard to believe I'll have a sweet baby in another 6-7 months....

Ready, Gregory is beautiful..and has tons of hair:hugs: What's it like having a new baby in the house after all these years ?

Philomena, congratulations:happydance: I can't wait to see some belly pic's real soon.

mom of 7 , Is that right in B.C or on the island ?

Oh my gosh ladies I can't believe how long it's been since I was on here :( so sorry I didn't realise coz I have been so busy, I have started cooking again and have been really enjoying it :)
Ready welcome back :) your little msn is sooo cute :)
Future how is your little one going now Hun? Ella has had colic for about a week now and we have been taking in turns sleeping in the warm lounge with her, hubby does until 2-4 am depending when she wakes and I do from then on, so it's been quite hectic and none of us are getting much sleep not alone that we have not slept in the same bed just as long !! Grr!!! Lol oh well not much we can do!!
Well I hope u are all well and hi to the newbies I'm sorry I haven't been on here to chat with u but I will be making more of an effort :) look forward to seeing where u are all at in your pregnancies :)
Xxxxx

Ready, Gregory is beautiful..and has tons of hair:hugs: What's it like having a new baby in the house after all these years ?

Philomena, congratulations:happydance: I can't wait to see some belly pic's real soon.

We're in the East Kootenays.

We're in the East Kootenays.

My older daughter got a job on the island in Courtnay..We are in Ontario .. from the pictures it is very pretty out there !!

Mum, I have seen all your post of the great meals you have been making on FB.. makes me look bad:haha:
How is Ella ?

Harrison is starting to smile and babble.. I love this stage, his eyes just light up when you talk to him..

Hello ladies,

Welcome to all the new ladies.

It is so different with a new baby in the house now. It is a wonderful change. He has everyone wrapped around his pinky. LOL He is 2 months now and is babbling every chance he gets. I had to return to work on this past Monday.:cry: He is in daycare but is doing fine.

How is everyone doing and all the new babies as well?

Hi ready :) it's great to see u again :) I'm so jealous of you ladies that your babies are smiling and happy Ella smiles at tayler and sometimes at the other girls but hardly ever at me and my husband :( it's not fair :( I really wish she would smile at me more often !!! She still has croupe so she has been really grumpy for quite a while now and I have just started putting her in her cot for day sleeps she was in a rocker on the floor next to my bed before as she wouldn't sleep in her bassinet :( but for the past couple of weeks or so she has been in the lounge room pretty much night and day so we could keep her warm but it also means my husband and I haven't slept in the same bed for just as long !!! I'm so tired and so is my husband so he has been grumpy for just as long too!! :( I just want us to get our lives back to normal as soon as possible!!!
Haha future yeah I'm bored out of my mind at home so cooking has become a passion of mine lately lol I bought a breville mixer yesterday it cost me $400 and it's the most expensive cooking tool I have ever bought for myself lol but it works really great for bread and cake mixing :) I made 2 ciabatta loaves last night and they were yum!!! :) I'm looking forward to mixing cakes in it too I have never owned one before :) it's the one the cooking shows use on tv :) it also came with a free ice cream maker attatchment so I'm looking forward to trying that :)
I'll let u know how it goes :) all you ladies that are on Facebook should take photos of your meals and post them I would love to see what kind of food you all have in your homes :) I especially want to see yours future :)
Well I hope all the ladies who are pregnant are well and I hope all the ladies with babies are well too :) have a great day :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->