Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

mumof3girls

Ella Grace - 6lbs,1oz
Reaction score
Hi I'm 38 am pregnant with my 4th child and I have 2 teenagers and a nearly 4 Yr old:) anyone else in a similar position or trying for a baby and have teenagers? I thought it would be nice to have a place to chat about ttc, pregnancy and all the dramas that comes with having teenagers :)

Hiya! I'm 37 and will be 38 when my 3rd is born have one teenager and a 12 year old :) Haven't told them yet,waiting until the scan.Thought it would be plain sailing telling them cos I know they will be over the moon but my 12 year old son has just informed me he doesn't want a brother or sister yet only a couple of weeks ago he was fine,was kind of gutted when he said that :( I know my daughter will be over the moon :) Always a drama! x

Oh yeah know what you mean lol my eldest knows coz she just figured it out for herself and made me test lol but my 12 nearly 13 Yr old doesn't know and neither does my baby (4yr old) I wanted to wait until I was showing before I told them I know they will be happy they know we have been trying but my step kids have no idea lol they will be very surprised lol don't worry about your son it's amazing what they get used to when they don't have a choice lol :) my kids were stunned when I fell pregnant with my baby they were not happy about sharing me with another child let alone a new husband but they absolutely adore her and my husband lol we have been together 5 yrs now and we are a family in all sense of the word so I know they will be fine when they find out lol :) my eldest daughter is old enough at 19 to have children of her own and that in itself is scary I'm just thankful that she is not ready for all that :) lol

hi im 38 in november . and my teenagers are 20. 17 and 15 and im preg with the 4th with a big age gap . they just went ewwwww when i told them lol

I couldn't believe it when he said that,I was completely gobsmacked!!! Still have another few weeks to the scan so hopefully he will feel different by then.Like I said I know my daughter will be over the moon :) My husband has 4 older kids from a previous marriage but don't know how they will react from certain comments they have made when we joked about having another last year. xx

Yeah my dh has 4 kids from a previous marriage and I think they will be shocked they were very shocked when we told them we were pregnant with our lo but they adore her now :) I think the kids will get over it they don't have a choice really lol
Congrats and welcome susan36 :) Kids don't like to think of their parents dtd lol mind u who does lol :)

This is my fourth baby. I have a 17yr, a 13yo and a 7yr, plus a 24yr stepson. My stepson doesn't know yet, but the other three we told a few days ago, and they are all starting to get pretty excited :)

My husbands kids will be shocked to say the least and goodness knows what other reaction!I know my family will be ok about it.It should be a happy time but I just seem to worry about other people's reaction.This would be my last one and last chance so to speak.xx

I know what you mean, everyone was shocked when we fell pregnant with my lo so who knows what they will say this time lol my dad Is really happy for us but I haven't spoken to my mum in 2 years so she will find out through the grape vine I guess lol as for everyone else I'm not letting their reaction get to me this time I think we have every right to make our own decisions with our own husbands and partners and screw everyone else so to speak !!! Lol
Hi and welcome dorian to the mad house lol :)

That is very true!!! My husband is the type that couldn't care less what people think or what his family will say.The way he sees it is if they are not happy 'what they going to do?' So true eh!!! Sorry to hear that you don't speak to your mum but so glad your dad is happy :) xx

Your husband Is spot on :) u don't need people taking this amazing moment away from u, and to be honest it's not their problem they won't be there when u wake up 50 times a night and they won't be there when your baby's sick, so don't worry what anyone thinks :) I don't lol we have tried too hard and too long for anyone to rain on my parade :) lol xx
Thanks about my mum but she made her bed and now she can lie in it :) lol so to speak lol she walked away from us because I wouldn't choose between her or dad when they split 2 yrs ago so she chose to live without me and my wonderful dh and kids, I have learnt to live without her and now I think it's her loss! I still have an amazing dad that still loves me and that's all that matters :)

hi im 38 in november . and my teenagers are 20. 17 and 15 and im preg with the 4th with a big age gap . they just went ewwwww when i told them lol

I'm 38 in November and my youngest is 15 too. Told my eldest daughter a couple of days ago, I had to, its her 18th birthday this Saturday and she would think it was very odd if I wasn't drinking lol. She said she already knew (not sure how) so that made things a bit easier for me. Haven't told youngest yet but might just go for it later.

I am 35 and have a 14 year old foster care son. (obviously there are reasons why he is not with his real parents). I have basically looked after him from birth every night and later on weekends and later when I got my own house, he moved in with us and we are a happy family.

I was very worried about telling him, as "our" family is very imporant to him and his first security he has ever had in his life.

But, big was my surprise when at first he did not believe. An hour later...he asked really?, then wanted to know if its a boy or girl...and gave a little smile.

The next evening..I was about 7 or 8 weeks along..I got home. He came to sit next to me...and he pushed his head against my stomach. I was like: HALLLOOO What you doing? and he said...I just want to hear the baby!

That was so special to me.

That's the type of person my husband is though whereas I worry about others rather than myself.I'd love to be like my husband in that sense but I may surprise myself when the news is out!!!!!
Yeah it is your mum's loss which is a shame,I have a similar situation with my dad.We do speak but to me he is a birthday and Christmas dad(dad split up with my mum when she found she was pregnant with me,my mum wanted to settle and get married but he said no he was too young so she told him to beat it!)I got in touch with him when I was 18 but it wasn't the reaction I was kind of expecting and although I've tried many times to get some sort of relationship it's gone nowhere so I called it a day and just see him whenever.I do feel for my kids but like you I see it as his loss.I do have 2 half sisters and half brother but only see one of my sisters about twice a year.I see it as they know where I am,not doing anymore running.I blame my dad for this but they will see the light at some point.Sorry for that little rant!!!!
That's true also it's not their problem,it will be us that will be dealing with the joys of a newborn not them xx

I am 39 years old and I have four daughters ( this is my 5th pregnancy) aged 21, 20, 18 and 18 months old.. so there is a 17 year age gap between my youngest daughters
We have not told anyone about this pregnancy as of yet.. we plan to wait till we are safely out of the first tri.
I am very sure my older girls will be excited about it.. they adore Emily and spoil her to bits..

I am 39 years old and I have four daughters ( this is my 5th pregnancy) aged 21, 20, 18 and 18 months old.. so there is a 17 year age gap between my youngest daughters
We have not told anyone about this pregnancy as of yet.. we plan to wait till we are safely out of the first tri.
I am very sure my older girls will be excited about it.. they adore Emily and spoil her to bits..

I have always loved babies and children...I clearly remember when I was in high school, I really really really wished for my mom to have another baby. But, big was the dissapointment when I heard her shop was closed :haha: I was the youngest of 3 daughters.

Your older children are really also blessed :hugs: It can be really tough with teens sometimes if they do not like an idea, and generally it takes a lot to convince them otherwise, But I really hope that everyone who has older children will receive happiness from them about the new babies :happydance:

I am 36 and this is my 4th baby. I have 3 older children. My son is 18 and my daughters are 13 & 10. When I told my kids my 13yr was not happy at all. She cried and cried. It really hurt my feelings. She thought things would change and she would have to watch the baby. She has a friend that has 2 younger brothers and she is always watching them and not allowed to do things because she has to take care of her brothers. All of my children are very happy about the baby. We are having a boy which is what everyone was hoping for.

I am 37 and currently 23 weeks. I have three teenage sons 18 17 16. All three of them are so excited.

I am 29 weeks pregnant with twins. My son is 13 and my daughter is 8. They are both beyond excited. I honestly didn't expect my son to be, but he has really surprised me.

I think that's what my son thinks too that things will change.Although they don't know he said out of the blue that he doesn't want a baby brother or sister.I said why he had changed his mind and the reason was that it would cry all the time and he wouldn't be able to sleep!I said it would be that wouldn't get sleep not him!!I get the feeling that he thinks it will all be change but it won't.I hope your daughter feels better about it,such a shame about her friend xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->