Pregnant or ttc over 35 with teenagers?

I'm glad it's not hurting him Future. Isaiah's doesn't hurt if I touch it, but he is grumpy a lot and does a lot of comfort nursing. Especially if he is passing gas, it bothers him.

Harrison does that too.. I thought maybe it was my milk, like I had ate something that bothered his tummy.
I will mention that also to my MW.

Owww poor babies :( I hope they fix the problem soon xxx
Ella put on 80 grams since we got back home and I'm sooo proud of her :)
Although her sleeping habits have a alot to be desired tonight she has been awake nearly most of the night :( it's 4.20am here and I only got 3 hours sleep :( which was broken I might add :( hey have any of u ladies ever seen or experienced on a newborn a sharp end of rib like thing to the left of the sternum ? Ella has one, it doesn't seem to hurt her but it worries me, the m/w at the hospital said it was her sternum but the nurse that came yesterday said it wasn't so I'm going to take her to the docs and find out but was wondering if u have seen one before?
Ella is 12 days old geez time flies now that I'm not pregnant anymore lol :) xxx

I hear what your saying about being sleep deprived:coffee:
Harrison slept an 1 & 1/2 hrs at a time.. day and night for the first two weeks but now seems to be sleep longer.
Last night he slept 3& 1/2 hrs between feedings.. which was nice.
So happy Ella is gaining..
I have an appt tomorrow so we shall see what Harrison had gained.
I know his last appt he weighed 8lbs 12oz.. so I am going to guess he is almost 10lbs:dohh:
He has already grown out of his first size clothing, newborn:cry:
I can hardly beive Harrison is 18 days old.. your right time is flying now that the babies are here.. just think last month we were all saying how ready we were to meet our little ones:hugs:

On another milestone.. I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothing:happydance:
I had lost about 13lbs during my 1st tri then only gained 15lbs all through the pregnancy ( thanks to feeling nausea most of the time) so that really helped.
I had gained so much with Emily and hardly lost any after she arrived.. I actually gained more after birth:blush:
So maybe I can fit back into my pre-pre-babies clothing ( wishful thinking)

I have to ask something personal though.. I have noticed I have a belly overhang of skin now:blush:
Like a mommy apron.. does this ever go away ?
I have never had a toned ab but this is really hanging and loose.. kinda embarssing..I fear DH seeing it..
Does anyone else have this ?

Harrison slept an 1 & 1/2 hrs at a time.. day and night for the first two weeks but now seems to be sleep longer.
I know his last appt he weighed 8lbs 12oz.. so I am going to guess he is almost 10lbs:dohh:
I can hardly beive Harrison is 18 days old.. your right time is flying now that the babies are here.. just think last month we were all saying how ready we were to meet our little ones:hugs:

I had lost about 13lbs during my 1st tri then only gained 15lbs all through the pregnancy ( thanks to feeling nausea most of the time) so that really helped.
I had gained so much with Emily and hardly lost any after she arrived.. I actually gained more after birth:blush:

I have to ask something personal though.. I have noticed I have a belly overhang of skin now:blush:
I have never had a toned ab but this is really hanging and loose.. kinda embarssing..I fear DH seeing it..

Hi there!
I hate to tell you, but it never goes away.... I have that a bit from my first DD and it doesn't matter if I lose weight, or do sit ups til the cows come home... it is always there.... I know exactly what you mean about not wanting anyone to see it, but it's there unless you get a surgeon to get rid of it.
I am already campaigning for a tummy tuck after this baby..... I'm not usually in favour of anything scalpel related, but I am done producing humans after this one, so I want a tummy tuck and a breast lift after baby #2 is done with them!
phil.

Hi Ladies,

So sorry no one is getting any sleep around here ;) LOL.

Mum, that is odd, I've never seen/heard of that. Hope your Dr can put your fears at ease about it. Glad Ella is gaining weight. Isaiah is too, I haven't had him weighed in a few weeks, but I am guessing he is up to 7lbs now.

Future, Isaiah is out of his premie clothes. I'm glad I didn't buy a lot of them. THey are just sooo darn cute though! But many of the normal NB clothes are still a bit big. I, too, lost weight my first Tri, and only gained 15lbs during my pregnancy. I am 15 lbs less than pre-pregnancy :happydance: I hoping that bfing will help me loose some more weight. I never lost any after my third baby, and that was 7yrs ago! Course, I am over 40, so it's harder to loose at my age ;) LOL. YUP, Philamena is right, that tummy thing doesn't go away.

Hi there!
I hate to tell you, but it never goes away.... I have that a bit from my first DD and it doesn't matter if I lose weight, or do sit ups til the cows come home... it is always there.... I know exactly what you mean about not wanting anyone to see it, but it's there unless you get a surgeon to get rid of it.
I am already campaigning for a tummy tuck after this baby..... I'm not usually in favour of anything scalpel related, but I am done producing humans after this one, so I want a tummy tuck and a breast lift after baby #2 is done with them!
phil.

I am also from Canada.. so maybe we should start our own movment to have OHIP cover a tummy tuck:haha:
We`are going threw a heat wave right now and I find I sweat under my " flap"..how lovely:growlmad:

Hi Ladies,

So sorry no one is getting any sleep around here ;) LOL.

Mum, that is odd, I've never seen/heard of that. Hope your Dr can put your fears at ease about it. Glad Ella is gaining weight. Isaiah is too, I haven't had him weighed in a few weeks, but I am guessing he is up to 7lbs now.

Future, Isaiah is out of his premie clothes. I'm glad I didn't buy a lot of them. THey are just sooo darn cute though! But many of the normal NB clothes are still a bit big. I, too, lost weight my first Tri, and only gained 15lbs during my pregnancy. I am 15 lbs less than pre-pregnancy :happydance: I hoping that bfing will help me loose some more weight. I never lost any after my third baby, and that was 7yrs ago! Course, I am over 40, so it's harder to loose at my age ;) LOL. YUP, Philamena is right, that tummy thing doesn't go away.

Isaiah will be in newborn size for a while.. Harrison is about 10 lbs ( I'm guessing) and is just getting out of that size:cry:
I couldn't fathom having such lil' babies.
Mine have always been born 8-9 lbs right out of the gate.
I am leaning on 40:dohh: so I assume it will be harder to lose the weight and toneing everything will be next to impossible without excersize.. something I hate to do.:haha:

yes!! that is a great idea! but we have to campaign for it to be covered across Canada... I'm in Alberta and after going to Ottawa for Canada Day last year, I can safely say I can't handle the humidity in the East.... at least not in the summer!!
So, this may be TMI but if the sweat under your belly is problematic, you could probably try putting antiperspirant on it.... or keeping your undies in the fold.... like have the waistband sit under the 'flap'?? Not fun to think about, but I'm guessing we are not the only two ladies who are dealing with this! *grin*

Nope u aren't ladies as I also have this apron fold too !! And to answer Your question future no it never goes away, I'm going to get mine surgically removed too :) one day lol :)
Well I have finally started my parenting journal woohoo ;) just click on the link in my signature to get there :) I'll still keep this one open as I said before :) but I'll just have this one and my parenting journal only now :) I look forward to all you ladies visiting :)
Has anyone heard from ready lately? And mrskg how's your pregnancy going hun ?? U ok??

Hey ladies,
Just checking in. Baby and I doing well I will try to post pictures when I get to my pc. I am on my iPad and for some reason it want let me post pictures.

yes!! that is a great idea! but we have to campaign for it to be covered across Canada... I'm in Alberta and after going to Ottawa for Canada Day last year, I can safely say I can't handle the humidity in the East.... at least not in the summer!!
So, this may be TMI but if the sweat under your belly is problematic, you could probably try putting antiperspirant on it.... or keeping your undies in the fold.... like have the waistband sit under the 'flap'?? Not fun to think about, but I'm guessing we are not the only two ladies who are dealing with this! *grin*

The humidity here can be brutal. I have to try your suggestions. I have never had a flat tummy but never a overhang:dohh:

Nope u aren't ladies as I also have this apron fold too !! And to answer Your question future no it never goes away, I'm going to get mine surgically removed too :) one day lol :)
Well I have finally started my parenting journal woohoo ;) just click on the link in my signature to get there :) I'll still keep this one open as I said before :) but I'll just have this one and my parenting journal only now :) I look forward to all you ladies visiting :)
Has anyone heard from ready lately? And mrskg how's your pregnancy going hun ?? U ok??

I will have a look at you journal..I have often thought of starting my own but know I won't find the time to keep it up:wacko:

Ready, happy to hear from you.. I see from your avitar that your lil' guy is a sweetie.. a lil' chunky monkey too:hugs:

Oh ready your little man is a sweety :) can't wait to see some more pictures :)
Wish I could post pictures on here I have sooo many of my little princess getting cuddles from her big sisters :) sooo cute :)
Ok ladies here is my birth story finally :)

My birth story.....

On the 11/5/2012 at 9.15am my husband and I headed to the hospital for our planned c-section:) got there a bit early so we got admitted and then he went and had a snack and a coffee because we knew he may not get another chance for quite a few hours (I wasn't allowed to eat) we then made our way up to the wards where they would prep me for surgery. They said they didn't have a bed yet so we waited in the waiting room and about 2 hours later just before I was scheduled to be prep we were told that surgery was running late and that our 12.30pm surgery would now be around 3pm, so we kept waiting in the waiting area and about 20mins later they had a bed for me and they decided to do the prep early as my m/w was going to lunch and she didn't want anyone else prepping me so she put the catheter in (it didn't hurt this time thankfully :) ) and then they did the canula etc at about 3pm they took me down to surgery waiting area and was told they hadn't finished the last surgery so we would have to wait some more!! About an hour later just before 4pm we were taken in and I was given the block, the anethisioligist then put a block of ice on my forehead and said is that cold? Um aha yes bloody freezing lol then proceeded to touch different parts of my body until I couldn't feel a thing, then they started the surgery, about 3 mins in I started having a major panic attack I'm not sure why but put it down to one of the medications they gave me as I have had 3 c-sections before and it's never happened, so I started to cry and freak out so the anethisioligist said I'm going to give u a medication through the mask ok? And he put it over my mouth and nose and I started to freak out more , it was the worse thing I have ever gone through as I had no control at all, I couldn't calm myself down :( so then he said ok I'm going to send u on a trip and u won't remember anything ok? I said no, he said I'm going to do it anyway and then proceeded to tell my husband not to freak out as I will look strange for about 10 mins, and the next thing I know I'm on a London bus In the middle of china lol everything was really stretchy like play doh and I knew what was happening (that I was in surgery having a baby but the other part of me thought I had died and was having a trip on the way there lol there was alot of colours and I couldnt control any of it, I could just barely hear voices coming from somewhere and I knew my husband was next to me but then he went (I was completely blind I couldn't see anything other than the trip I was on) but I could sense my husband wasn't there and I tried talking and it took every effort I had to say where's my husband and the nurse said he's with your baby and then I could just vaguely hear crying but it seemed so far away, the nurse took my hand but I couldn't feel it she just told me she was holding it, then I slowly got my speech back but *could see anything at all, so I proceeded to slur my words and tell them what I saw on my trip lol then next thing I know I could feel my husband was back next to me and he layed something on me that felt heavy, he said it was our daughter and that she was beautiful and that he was so proud of me, but I still couldnt see anything, slowly I started to recede from the fog and then I was back in the operating theater but could only see out of 1 eye but managed to see that the baby was laying on me and she was tiny, and I wasn't holding her so I screamed to my husband that I wasn't holding her as I couldn't feel my arms and he said he was holding her but I couldn't get it through my head and kept saying I'm going to drop her!!! Finally I could see out of both eyes and by this time I had told them all what the baby's name was without discussing it with my husband lol woops don't remember that bit lol my husband told me that part but he was happy with the name anyway thankfully as we were tossing up between a few names before hand lol so after that they told me she was very small for a full term baby at 6lbs,1 oz !! And next thing I know I'm in recovery, it was very traumatic experience for me as I was sooo scarce during the whole procedure and we later found out that the anethisioligist had given me what they call special k which is like a super duper trip, why anyone would like to go on a trip like that is beyond me!!! I really thought I was dead throughout the whole trip as I had flash backs of my life through it and I was crying and couldn't feel it!! It was horrible and if I didnt want anymore children before I definatly don't want anymore knowing I would have to have another c-section :(*
Also they had to do a completely separate scar this time because the scar tissue I had was horrendous and they had to do a fix up job of that while they were there as all my organs were stuck together :( I also lost a huge amount of blood so they put me on iron tablets with vitamin c to get my hemoglobin back up to the normal levels and they also gave me a blood transfusion too grrr!!!
But in the end it was all worth it to get my little Ella Grace :)
2 days after I came home the midwife sent us back into the nicu because Ella had lost too much weight so we spent another 4 days in hospital :( but thankfully she is doing really well now :)*
Xxxx

mum, that was a very scarey story.
I have heard of that drug but as far as I know it is illegal here.
I have never had a panic attack but it sounds scarey.
I am just happy everyone is okay and doing well.

Thanks future:) up until then I had never had a panic attack like that either it was horrible :( it was out of my control, I tried to control it but it came on so suddenly that it took me by surprise, I think if it had been a normal panic attack I could have breathed through it but because it was drug induced it i couldn't stop it :( but I know I couldn't have gone on like that either so in a way the trip they put me on was better than being knocked out completely because that was the next step and I really didn't want that!! I was so glad when it was over though and they brought me out of it because then I could concentrate on Ella :)
It's been a very trying time for us this past week or so, so I'm so glad we are home and all is well :) and Ella is starting to show a sleeping pattern now but only every second day :( lol didn't get much sleep last night I got up at 1am to take over from hubby and have been up ever since (it's now 7.30am) wish I could go back to sleep lol :) xxx I hope u are all well xxx

Your so lucky , mum that your hubby helps so much.
DH is afraid to change Harrison and because I am a SAHM and he works, I take most of the responsiblity of the kids.
DH does bath Emily for me on some evenings if I ask but nada when it comes to feedings or diaper changes for Harrison.
I haven't noticed any patterns yet.
He has had two nights where he slept 3 hr stretches but normally he only sleeps 1 - 1& 1/2 hrs at a time..day and night.
I am having a heck of a time trying to balance the two kids with Harrison feeding / being awake so much.
He is such a cuddle bunny and loves to be held close.
I just feel exhausted.
I had Harrison at the DR on Thursday to check that lump he had next to his male bits and the DR doesn't think it is a hernia.. thank goodness.
He didn't seem concerned about it but advised me to keep an eye on it and go back should it get bigger or change in any way.
They weighed Harrison and he is a whopping 9lbs 9oz ..
I can hardly beleive he is three weeks old already.

Good morning,

((Mum)) what a scary time you had! Glad it all ended well.

Future, I'm glad it's not a hernia. And glad Harrison is growing well.

Isaiah, also doesn't have much of a sleep schedule. Night times he does though...to sleep between 8 and 9, up between 12 and 1, then up again at 3 or 4. I've been getting up at 4 for many years now, so I just stay up. He still doesn't have a schedule during the day though, and I still have to hold him pretty much all day. Unless a kid or dh is holding him. I can also put him down in his basket (a laundry basket with a pillow in it. lol) and Carson plays with him/entertains him so I can get a few things done. I think after his hernia op, he'll settle down into a routine more, at least I hope so.

hi mum x your birth story sounds scary x glad you are back home with ella xx

i miscarried again on the 17th x im doing ok that was supposed to be our last try but after a good chat we've decided to get some tests done although i think im in with a chance this month thought mc would delsy ov but dont think it did sssssssh dont tell hubby lol xxx

hi mum x your birth story sounds scary x glad you are back home with ella xx

i miscarried again on the 17th x im doing ok that was supposed to be our last try but after a good chat we've decided to get some tests done although i think im in with a chance this month thought mc would delsy ov but dont think it did sssssssh dont tell hubby lol xxx

:hugs: I am so sorry for you loss:cry:

I hope your DR can give you some answers and why MC are occuring.

I'm so sorry Mrskg:cry:Prayers and good thoughts to you.

Oh mrskg I'm so sorry Hun for your loss I wish I could give you a huge hug, I hope things turn around for u hun and u get your forever baby really soon xxxx
Things have been really hectic here, little miss Ella had another choking attack where she starting choking on her formula/spew it came out of her nose and mouth at the same time and she starting going purple, she just kept looking at me with absolute terror on her face saying help me!! It scared the living hell out of me, it was so terrifying!!! I had to put her on her stomach and slap her back to get her to breathe again!! I was on my own too and all I could think of during that time was even if I rang 000 they wouldn't get here in time and she could die!!! It was the worse thing I have ever had to go through apart from when the same thing happened just before we took her back to hospital last time but at least my husband was there last time coz it was really scary going through that alone!!! I hope that never ever happens again!!! The weird thing was that I was burping her in an upright position when it happened ??? U would think it would more likely happen if she was on her back?? It scares me to think of it happening again !!!
Xxxx

Thats so scary Mum!! :hugs:I wonder how come she chokes like that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->