Pregnant, scared & feel guilty :(

hopefultobe21

Reaction score
Hi all, for those of you who remember me you will know I had a beautiful little boy Called Charlie who is now 19 weeks old, I suffered really bad with Hyperemesis and was hospitalised most of the pregnancy, then had the birth from hell, but all worth it when I gave birth to my son who I love more then anything, at 4 weeks old my little boy contracted bacterial meningitus and septecimia and was in hospital for 15 days in a bad way, I suppose this has made me even more protective over him and made me want to give him my 100% even more as this is still an issue and he is on regular antibiotics till a scan of his kidneys can be done at 6 month old to find out how much damage as been caused, anyway I found out I am pregnant today..4 weeks ish, I am so scared and feel so guilty because I feel that my son is going to miss out on all the attention, my head is all over the place and I'm scared, i don't want my baby missing out on anything :(

It will all work out, plus he is young enough to not remember it ever just being him so he wont know any different.
:hugs: and congratulations x

Having a sibling can be a gift, especially as young as he is. My daughter was 4 when we got pregnant again and is almost 7 now and she loves having a little sister, most of the time. It can be hard, and we all go through that guilt, but he will love his sibling so no worries mom :)

:hugs: Firstly, congratulations! I'm sorry you've gone through so much stress :(. Try not to worry though, a sibling can be a wonderful gift and it will be so great for your DS to have a brother or sister close in age, built in playmate! Having two children doesn't mean you won't have time for your first, you will, and they will have a little buddy to love them too!

Congrats hun, I agree having/being a sibling will be good for him. It will be hard work for you but worth it <3

I know the feeling about having two close together I'm just getting my head around everything now!!

My son is just over 7 months and I am 7 + 2 weeks with our 2nd. Unplanned but either way we've sat and discussed and I could never give up a baby.

I had the same mixed feelings at first, I cried a full day at one point. I was so worried my little man would miss out on so much having them so close together. I still do worry he's still my baby After all but at the same time this baby is also just as imimportant even if he/she isn't here yet.

Much love, hugs and someone to talk to if you need it xx

Wow, you have been through the ringer! I have a friend who about 22 months ago gave birth to her first son. She had a terrible pregnancy, pre eclampsia, and had an emergency c section at 29 weeks. They spent a month the hospital and finally got to take him home....a few weeks later she found herself pregnant again. Then 5 months after that her son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Her daughter was born a few months later. The kids are 11 months apart. Anyway, life has been crazy for them, BUT they are all so happy, a beautiful family and I know they wouldn't have it any other way. Hang in there...life will be crazy for a while, but it will be worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->