Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Congrats Jary! So exciting!

Doctors visit was a Mixed bag. The doc was in delivery so we only saw a nurse. She said my uterus feels as it should and my cervix is closed. DH was awesome. He kept asking for a scan or just the heartbeat. She claimed neither was possible. HE asked about twins, she claimed it was too early to tell. He begged so she's letting us come back in 2 weeks for the heartbeat. She said it would probably still be too early to tell if it's two babies, but at least we an try to hear something. They did say if we didn't want the tests for genetic abnormalities, our first scan would be between 16-20 weeks. We opted for the genetic tests. It's so odd. This hospital is rated #5 in the USA for obgyn services. How do they say we can't hear or see anything when I know I an from seeing all of yours?! Crazy!

Congrats Jary! So exciting!

Doctors visit was a Mixed bag. The doc was in delivery so we only saw a nurse. She said my uterus feels as it should and my cervix is closed. DH was awesome. He kept asking for a scan or just the heartbeat. She claimed neither was possible. HE asked about twins, she claimed it was too early to tell. He begged so she's letting us come back in 2 weeks for the heartbeat. She said it would probably still be too early to tell if it's two babies, but at least we an try to hear something. They did say if we didn't want the tests for genetic abnormalities, our first scan would be between 16-20 weeks. We opted for the genetic tests. It's so odd. This hospital is rated #5 in the USA for obgyn services. How do they say we can't hear or see anything when I know I an from seeing all of yours?! Crazy!

You would think they would be able to let you see around 12 weeks at least!

I will see it at 12 weeks, but only because I'm opting for the testing. The nurse said some people want to know and some people don't. I guess if you don't want the genetic testing, you don't get a scan until 20 weeks with this office.

Since I got my first faint BFP on 9-11, I've taken a test nearly every day to watch the line get darker. Today, at 18 DPO it was WAY darker than the control line, which makes me feel confident that I've got a sticky bean. I told my husband that I'd stop taking the tests now... but I kind of become an addict! Can't wait for my first scan 10-8 to hopefully move on to my next phase of obsession! :winkwink:

Oh wow, you just brought to my attention that my baby is probably going to be born in May! I just realized I am pregnant 3 days ago. My grandmother, mother and I are May babies. Haha!

I got some baby stuff at a consignment sale! 7 outfits, a great high chair, and a my breastfriend pillow brand new!

Hello everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a thread for those of us who are first timers to being pregnant & due around the same time!

What are your due dates? When is your first appointment/scan? What symptoms are you having?

I'm due May 12th, my first scan & appointment is October 2nd (8 weeks, 2 days), and my symptoms are consistently sore bbs, cramping, SO TIRED, sciatica, bloat, gas :blush:, heartburn, and nausea.

Join in the fun! And, congratulations everyone!:happydance:

HI :wave:

Im due with first 17th May 2013.

First scan is 2nd Oct and am currently 6 weeks tomorrow (Friday 21st)

So far symptoms are....

- Nausea ALL day!
- Nausea ALL night!
- Sore boobs (just went up a size)
- So moody - My poor fiance is hating me right now, im bawling at anything and im just finding it hard to not let my moods take control
- Cramping all the time (especially if i lean back)
- Tired all the time :sleep:
- So thirsty but i cant drink water.....

Im really nervous because i guess i have no idea what I'm doing.

I told my mum and brothers on Tuesday and it really made me feel better because i was worried what they would think.

I'm 21, engaged this year and just altogether freaking out!

Anyone in a similar boat?

My mom and I are going to start window shopping this weekend. She is SO excited! She started crying when I told her.... she had NO clue. Such an amazing week :)

Hey all :) im sooo excited for us all11 good luck for all getting thier first scans :)
Im 5 weeks now and my symptoms are
-super tired all the time
-wierd cramps when i move funny or get up quick or yell at cats :)
-itchy
-super emotional
-hungry
-and of course nipples are sore n breasts growing

I havnt fet any sickness tho since the first part which is wierdbut thank go i guess, is that normal?? i dunno if its change of season but my meterial on clothes is so itchy on arms n back wierd :/.

Im so nervous for my first scan next week, they do them early where i live....hopefully they can see a sac right?? i know i cant really be six weeksbut i know thats what thy go by till they see the progress n guess.
anyone else crying at everything or anythig on tv lol?
Good luck all!!!

Hi all, Could I join in this forum please? Got my :bfp: just over a week ago and according to internet calcs I'm due around May 7th. Got my first appointment through today for October 10th (Will be about 10 weeks) but think this is just my booking in appointment and won't have my first scan until a couple of weeks later. Just wondered how some ofyou other ladies are having much earlier scans? I'm so worried and would feel so much better if I could just see or hear that heartbeat!

Thanks everyone xx

On another note - Does anyone have the nausea but crave food to stop them feeling sick? I seem to be feeling sickly a lot but it's the type of queasiness when you feel you have to eat to get rid of it!! Just that most people seem to be getting sickness with an aversion to food which seems more normal than mine!

Thank you (again lol) xx

I'm like this sometimes...I feel like I could really eat whatever but my tummy starts thinking nope not hungry. Weird and annoying! Mainly it's to do with my acid reflux rather than ms but i know it's pregnancy related. Need to get more omeprazole soon as its making my throat burn :(

Nyba! Lovely scan and massive congrats on Twins!! How exciting!

Sassy... is that standard for the US? In the UK it is standard that we have a scan at 12 wks to check nuchal fold etc. I am just having more scans due to the number of m/c's I have had.

We won't be announcing until 16 wks at the earliest as I have to have a CVS, which occurs at 16 wks.

I don't have food aversions either. I need to eat to stop from being sick. But I've gained 7 pounds so I'm pretty horrified about that!

I'm clueless about what the standard is in the us. It seems to be different every where. This is my first pregnancy, so I have no past experience. I do know that they don't call the 12 week a nucheal fold test, but i think it still does the same thing. I think they do the cvs here at 12 weeks at the amniotic at 16, if you want / need them. I really hope this works out for you pad brat!

yes, I'm getting bouts of nausea that are relieved by eating as well! haven't gotten sick yet, fxd!! I bought a box of those salt crackers and eat a few when I'm feeling nauseated and that seems to do the trick. once I'm feeling better and eat a meal the nausea goes away :)

Thanks Sassy... are you tempted to pay for a private scan?

Crackers are a must aren't they!!

haha yes I have a sleeve by the bed, in the car and at the office!

Good planning Baby! I am currently resting at home this week after a scare... and I keep wandering to the kitchen to grab a few... then a few more...

I keep a container of fat free fig newtons next to bed, a box of granola bars in the car and I eat a huge breakfast every day. Today I had sausage egg and cheese biscuit, a carnation instant breakfast and a plum.

I've already found one private scan place in town. They do the whole 4d bit. Only thing is that its 200 the first time and 100 every time after. Seems a bit steep, right?

Hmmmm... I think the cheapest 3d place here that I have found is £69.99... but most are around £99.99+..... so I guess that is around $150.

Maybe go for a 12 wk one just to put your mind at rest and then wait until your 20 wk one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->