Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

My doctor is going to I've me a 12 week scan because we opted for the genetic tests. I think it's like your version of the nucheal fold test. It's the first time we will get to see the baby. I'm just dying to know the sex though. I think they can see it on 4d at 6 weeks, so maybe go private at 16 weeks? I'll be 16 the first week of December, so maybe a little early Christmas present?

When will you go for your cvs pad brat? Is that the first time you will be able to confirm the sex?

Because of my genetic issue I could have a blood test that looks for Y markers which would confirm the baby's sex. However, the test is really expensive for the NHS and is only available to those who cannot carry a certain sex of baby due to genetics....

I am still undecided if I want to know or carry on burying my head in the sand... I can find out from this week...

I am also really nervous of having the cvs... it carries a 3% m/c rate....and is supposed to be really painful....

Hmmmm too many decisions...

I'm really familiar with cvs. I've one a ton of reading on it. I know nothing of the Y marker test. What goes into that?

Jary- you may not want to take omeprazole. My doctor said Prevacid or Zantac are safer.

I keep crossing my fingers that I'm going to be one of the lucky few without ms. Only twinges of nausea so far. I'm at 6 weeks & 6 days. Lots of blood tests yesterday. Symptoms include fatigue, Itchy, sore/swollen breasts, emotional, cramps, crazy sense of smell, hungry every 2 or 3 hours. Can't wait for ultrasound on October 1st. Might have to get RhoGAM shot today.

I've been on it for years (although not needed for a while) and I know it's safe to use during pregnancy...did your doctor advise against it? Never heard of those other ones...are you in the US? The only other common one in the UK (that I've seen as a nurse) is lanzoprazole...and occasionally pantoprazole.

I read the leaflet but will talk with doctor/midwife about it anyway as I'll need some more. No use using gaviscon or rennies...they do nothing!

I've been taking Omeprazole for quite awhile also. Discussed that with my doctor and he said that it is in th class below Lanzoprazole or whatever it is. Because there isnt really enough research on Omeprazole and pregnancy. So it would probably reduce your chances of harm to stick to the better tested ones. At least that's what my MD told me. Haven't asked my OB yet, but his handout said Zantac... So I might have to switch yet again. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but heartburn sux when u are prego.

It does suck major ass. Especially when you have reflux to begin with. Mines been really good the past couple of years and now my bean is bringing it all back. I think it's why I have a sore throat...doesn't look infected (really hope not) and I don't have a fever, so I'm thinking it's stomach acid irritating it and my tonsils.

Blergh, it's rubbish!

I am due on May 15, expecting our first! It's been a long road as we have been trying for over 6 years for #1.
I already had my first scan on 9/13 and a 2nd scan on 9/18 due to some complications (bleeding, cramping), but thankfully everything is ok, baby bean is growing and HCG levels are doubling nicely!
The symptoms I have had are nausea, headaches, stuffiness, heartburn and going to the bathroom a lot!

hey Sassy... basically a female will have xx chromosomes and a male will have xy chromosomes.... as a female I have no Y chromosomes. Therefore they can take a blood sample once the placenta establishes itself and we share blood.... this test will look for Y's in my blood. If there are any it is a boy.... if there aren't it is a girl...

Think that is it in a nutshell...

Padbrat that is such a hard decision to make, one of which i certainly would not like to be in myself...

But i think for me, i would just rather go with it and see how things pan out. Reason i say this is because my friend has a 10 year old son, she fell with him and had no problems... when it came to trying for Number 2, she miscarried 16 times!!! and was told that she would never be able to carry a baby girl nevermind go full term!... Anyways she fell pregnant and they offered her the test to find out if it was a girl or not and she decided not to go with it... Anyways she got a 21month old baby Girl!!! Yup a GIRL, So she proved the doctors very very wrong on that one... Shes currently pregnant again, she had a few hiccups along the way, but next week she goes for the 20 week scan, i wouldnt be surprised if its another girl :)

Hi everyone! Sorry I've not been on in quite a while - I'm a teacher and we've had late nights every day this week between staff meetings, district meetings, and open house. Anyway, I started the due dates list on my first post - I tried to pull your due dates that you added since I last posted - If I missed anyone (or messed up on anyone) please just let me know! Tomorrow's another late day for me (ugh) so I should at least make it back on by Saturday!!!

Hope everyone is well :)

Hi everyone! Sorry I've not been on in quite a while - I'm a teacher and we've had late nights every day this week between staff meetings, district meetings, and open house. Anyway, I started the due dates list on my first post - I tried to pull your due dates that you added since I last posted - If I missed anyone (or messed up on anyone) please just let me know! Tomorrow's another late day for me (ugh) so I should at least make it back on by Saturday!!!

Hope everyone is well :)

I know EXACTLY what you mean, I'm a teacher too. Being pregnant does help much. What grade do you teach?

Looks great Bella rosa! I'm a teacher too! Our first six weeks ended today! I teach elementary special education! What do you ladies teach???

Wow, you guys started early. We are just about to end our 4th week. I teach 3rd grade. This is only my 2nd year teaching, but I love it.

Babee... thanks for your reply. It goes to show that the Dr's don't know everything... but wow, 16 m/c.... and she kept going. That is heroic.

I seriously dont know how she did it... she got testing done on most of her babies as she was of course desperate for answers and after many tests the only conclusion was that she couldnt carry girls.

But obviously there was wrong...

Can you put me in for may 17th please Bella :)

got a bit nervous yesterday (needlessly!) i woke up and felt completely fine... but that was the problem! i usually feel a bit sickly and have achey boobs and i've also been getting headaches around 1pm each day - but yesterday i had none of that so was freaking out a bit. anyway felt a bit more normal (sickly and achey) today and just got home from work and put my PJs on and my boobs are KILLING me! panic over needless to day!

is anyone else stressing over every little thing!? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->