Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

J my Hubby has refused to let me get one... he says it will make me paranoid if I can't hear the HB one day... GRRR to Hubbys!!

That's true that could happen, but at least then I could go to the doc and find out if something is wrong... I don't know. I havent told my hub about it yet, he'd probably day the same thing!

I'm not getting a doppler. I can definitely see how it could be fun, but it could also be worrisome. It's really not that long between the 12 weeks scan and when you start to feel movements... well about 2 months or so I guess, and after that the movements would be what I pay attention to anyway!

But, I've also never had a loss or anything (that I know of. Haven't had an ultrasound yet, but staying positive!). I know all the things that can go wrong. My mom had 3 miscarriages out of 6 pregnancies. But I'm just trying to stay positive and let nature take its course. While I'm still on my first pregnancy, and not experienced a loss first hand, I'd like to enjoy that and just be pregnant without stressing over everything. I'm sure if I had previous losses, or a situation like PadBrat's I would probably embrace technology a bit more to keep stress levels down!

Thing is....he is prob right... I would want to check every moment of every day.. plus i am being scanned so often so I suppose he is right..

I was only thinking about a Doppler today, i'm not sure if its the best idea i have had. I feel i need that reassurance inbetween scans because 2 weeks is a long time to wait for scans when you have had 4 recurrent losses, and 3 of them were mmc.

On the other hand, i'm not sure if the hospital would be too impressed if i rang up in a state because i cant find the heartbeat on a doppler, this happened to a friend on another thread and she went and paid for a scan as reassurance

I might chat to OH about it and get his opinion but i am becoming more anxious as this pregnancy progresses (assuming its progressing that is)

xx

I'd love to have to have one, but got very discouraged at my dr.'s office. DH got us a special appt at 9 weeks just to go in for the heart beat and they had a hard time finding it! At the dr! They say I have a tilted uterus so it's hard to find. And it's like hunting a grape, then the seed inside the grape. The dr got scared and was going to send me for a us, but then tried putting her hand up there and lifting my uterus. Then she found it. It hurt and I know could never do that myself, so I'm pretty turned off to the whole thing. :(

I have a tilted uterus too Sass... had to have an internal scan as the external one was way too fuzzy for an anatomy scan...

Hmmm I hate it when he is right... pah to men!

Aw! PB! Were such twins! I heard it's supposed to right itself around week 12. Do you think that's right?

I have no idea Sass lol.

Gah does that mean we will have to have dildocam the whole pregnancy??????

Lol! I hope not! DH gets all squeamish whenever they put anything up there. He's such a baby. :)

Hey ladies I've been MIA for a little while. I've been going through a pretty emotional week(carried over from the weekend). My brother left for Air Force basic training yesterday. It was really hard to say bye to him and knowing that I probably will not be able to make the trip to Texas in December to see him graduate due to work (I'm a teacher), which means that I will probably not see my little brother until the end of March or beginning of April (at which point he will be here for 2-3 weeks, get married, and then ship to where ever he gets stationed.) On top of all of that yesterday, my husband's grandfather passed away. We knew it was coming but it still doesn't ease the pain. He's been my grandfather for 8 1/2 years (used to call me his grandaughter when we were just dating!) I'm just ready for this week to be OVER!

How are you ladies?

Hey ladies I've been MIA for a little while. I've been going through a pretty emotional week(carried over from the weekend). My brother left for Air Force basic training yesterday. It was really hard to say bye to him and knowing that I probably will not be able to make the trip to Texas in December to see him graduate due to work (I'm a teacher), which means that I will probably not see my little brother until the end of March or beginning of April (at which point he will be here for 2-3 weeks, get married, and then ship to where ever he gets stationed.) On top of all of that yesterday, my husband's grandfather passed away. We knew it was coming but it still doesn't ease the pain. He's been my grandfather for 8 1/2 years (used to call me his grandaughter when we were just dating!) I'm just ready for this week to be OVER!

How are you ladies?

Hope your week gets better. Hugs to you! :hugs:

Blood test came back and I found out I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis. That was a shock. Now DH has to be tested to see if he is. If he is, 1 in 4 chance the baby will have it. Wow. A lot to take in... He's being tested tomorrow.

ILuv so sorry for your loss... he will be looking down on you and baby from now on xx

J... OMG what a shock. If your Hubby isn't a carrier what are the odds then?

Sass we are nearly 30% there! Wahoooooo!!

If he's not a carrier, no chance the baby could have it. That's what were praying for, for sure.
If he is (which is 1 in 29, not great, not terrible) then 1 in 4 chance. At that point, we'll have the baby tested, probably with CVS so we can know as soon as possible.
He did the test yesterday, they said we should know something early next week.

Congrats on the twins! We had to announce it to my parents over Skype as well, as they live in another country. We announced it the day after we found out though, which was coincidentally also Grandparent's day or something. So we just said we'd not been able to tell them something the day before, because it was a Sunday and everyone was busy with church, but we wanted to tell them Happy Grandparent's day!

If it'd not worked out like that though, my EDD is 2 days after my mom's birthday, so I would've worked that in some how. Like oh I've already decided what you're getting for your birthday, or something like that.

My ORIGINAL plan was to send them a box with some children's books in it, and have a note on it to open over Skype with us. But they only get mail every 2 weeks, and we knew that in 2 weeks anything could happen, so we decided to just tell so they could have some good news =)

We ended up telling our parents already, it was earlier than I originally wanted to, but people were starting to figure it out and I wanted to be the one to tell people. We ended up getting a couple children's books and wrote messages in them to our parents from the babies! Everyone is so excited! It's so exciting to finally be able to tell people!

Have you only told family, or are you telling others now as well?

Jdub... the wait must be killing you. Hang in there.

I have a tilted uterus as well. If you ladies find out anything interesting let me know!
I get to meet my midwife for the fist time on Thursday at 10w4d. I'm hoping she'll do an ultrasound. I want to have it confirmed that they still have heartbeats and are growing. I've been so tired all the time and the MS is horrible - it's really an all day event for me and eating always seems to make it worse, I just keep hoping that I can count the symptoms as reassurance that things are still going well.

Going for my first appointment/scan tomorrow at 10 Weeks, excited and nervous! The MS has eased off a bit, which has been nice, but I seriously am tired all day, I just want to stay in bed all of the time! I wish... :)

Curly good luck with the scan! Looking forward to the piccy!

Good luck at the MW Pixie... I was there on Friday... lots of forms and info!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->