Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Oh Bella and Nevernormal, I'm team....well I'm not finding out either! I hate the color yellow (almost as much as I hate orange!).

I could have swore I felt a little movement (just flutters/air bubbles) yesterday, but nothing since and it happened so fast it is hard to tell. It just couldn't have been anything else! I can't wait for it to happen again!

I don't care for yellow either, I like saying I'm team purple, since pink+blue = purple, and I'm obviously one or the other! Makes most sense to me. I don't know how you can be yellow for 9 months and then turn into pink or blue :rofl:

But anyway, I got told on another thread that team purple is reserved for moms with b/g twins.... even though I've totally stalked the multiples thread in the past (I was on clomid for annovulation, and was secretly hoping for twins!), and know 2 b/g twin moms in real life and NEVER heard of anyone referring to that as team purple. Whatever. We can be team green, I suppose.

You can be whatever team colour you want Never! Esp here I am sure we all don't mind if you want to be Team Purple!

Aww Bella... I am excited too!

Pixie how cute the twins were kicking the doppler!

Miss sounds like the starts of movements to me... that was how mine started!... I found loud noises set off movement.

Sass ... compared to you with your neat bump I am a bloomin whale! How did you do the piccies all together with the text? That is brill... tell tell tell!

Gorgeous bump Sass! I guess I missed it before with the page change.

Well I was sitting at my quiet desk doing absolutely nothing at work. So I'm trying that again today to see if I feel it again :haha:

Yes I will say team purple. Team green sounds like some economic or environmental clean up team or something to me!

Thanks girls! I teach graphics so I did it in photoshop. :)

Lol I'm not a yellow or green fan either! As a matter of fact I'm already spreading that I don't want yellow or green clothes either & hope that gets around to people for the future! Am I bad?? :haha:

No that's not bad Bella! Will you be having a baby shower? I'll only be having one at my church, so I need to talk to the church secretary and see if they will be okay scheduling it after baby arrives. I don't want a bunch of gender neutral clothing. I'll buy enough onesies and things to make do before until then!

No that's not bad Bella! Will you be having a baby shower? I'll only be having one at my church, so I need to talk to the church secretary and see if they will be okay scheduling it after baby arrives. I don't want a bunch of gender neutral clothing. I'll buy enough onesies and things to make do before until then!

That's nice! My mother in law had asked if I wanted mine after the baby - but I want all of the other stuff before the baby comes, so I'm all set (the basics - strollers, carseats, bassinets, etc). So yes, I am going to have a baby shower! Probably one at work too. That way, whatever we registered for that we don't receive, we can buy it ourselves before the baby arrives. As for clothing, when the time gets closer, I'm planning on buying a few boy and a few girl outfits, then returning what I don't need after Baby is born!

I guess we have to provide all the basics ourselves anyway. I doubt I'd get anything like that at my shower, and the big stuff I DO want gender neutral to hopefully be used for future children. Other stuff, clothing, pacifiers, toys, weaning stuff, bath stuff... I'm sure we can make do until the shower!

I should be having 2 showers, one through my church and one put on by my close friends, I'm hoping to have at least one of them before the babies arrive because I heard it helps cut down on unnecessary buying - and it will help me restrain myself from buying so much early on!
Right now we're just looking into purchasing the large items we'll need, the cribs, car seats, and the stroller. I'm sure our parents and grand parents would like to help us out with the large purchases but as we're in a different country it complicates things.

Hmm I like the idea of baby showers.... we just don't tend to have them here... which is a shame.

Pixie, I do like the idea of having one before to cut back on unnecessary buying, but I figure if I can't live without it for 3-4 weeks or so then it's necessary!! My parents live in another country, and my sister is due a month behind me (and she lives 18 hrs away). I know they'd probably like to contribute for something big but they're going to have to be paying their travel expenses to come visit me, my sister, plus taking care of things they need to at home (my dad will have to go back home between my baby & my sister's). Plus with two grandbabies coming around the same time there's no way I'd expect them to contribute anything significant towards baby items. That's okay though! I'd rather them get to meet baby then to buy baby a place to sleep.

DH's family... well it's complicated, but they really don't have the money to get us anything, or if they did it would likely be second hand. I don't have any problems with the concept of used stuff but I would definitely be more choosy than they are. They live 14 hrs (driving) away from us so likely their biggest monetary contribution will be coming to meet their first grandchild.

PadBrat, even though you don't have showers do friends and family tend to get small gifts for the baby? Like an outfit or something?

You guys are so brave waiting it out on the gender. I am WAY too much of a planner, I couldn't stand it. I'm so glad we already know.

We'll probably have a few showers here, I guess I didn't realize that was a US thing only. I know for sure I'm having 1 in my hometown (where my parents live and 8 hours from where I live now), 1 big one with family and friends here in Houston, and likely 1 at work. We're really lucky, I think. When we got married, we had 5 showers...

I'm also getting lots given to me, which is awesome! My SIL just had her baby in September, so there is lots she'll be done with that I'll be ready for. That's going to work out awesome!

Jdub if my family wasn't scattered all over the U.S. (and the rest of the world!) I'd probably be having more than one. As it is, family will probably just send me gifts.... so I'll still get them, but not at an official shower.

I'm so sorry you not have a shower PB! I wonder if you an still register to getsomee of the benefits? Like I know pottery barn gives you 10% off on all items on your registry and an additional 10% back in pottery barn cash. My neighbors set up a fake registry for their second baby just to get the perks.

Yes, I think we will probably get some gifts from family and close friends... like blankets or baby grows or stuff like that... so that is nice.

My Dad has announced he is coming to see us next weekend for the first time in months... we were going to send a book with a letter from baby for Christmas so I could put a 20 wk scan picture in and we would know if we were having a boy or a girl... now I guess we can't do that.... he will know as soon as he sees me. It is a shame about the surprise... will be interesting to see his reaction as I am sure he had given up on us ever having a child.

Oh padbrat that's so exciting though!!! How wonderful to tell him!!! Hes going to be over the moon for you!!!

Can't wait to hear his reaction padbrat! I know it's not the way you wanted to tell him, but I'm sure he'll be ecstatic anyway =)

You should have a camera ready when he walks in, flash your bump, then snap his pic! I'm sure it will be a moment to remember!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->