Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I am very nervous to tell people and will wait until I am out of the 1st trimester. When I was pregnant earlier this year we told everyone and DH told literally every single person tht he works with. So after the mmc I had to deal with all the awkward comments from people who didn't know what to say. Even last weekend I ran into someone and he was like "oh I am really sorry." It just brings back bad memories. I am hopeful and this pregnancy feels different but I do not want to risk the uncomfortable, awkward comments if something were to happen. Of course, I did not find out about my mmc until the day before my 12 week scan :(

The same thing happened to me! OH told everybody and got cross with me when I begged him not to. He just didn't understand the risks and thought I was being paranoid. Then after I had miscarried, people were just avoiding talking to me, especially men!
So this time nobody knows! Except for my best friend and my mum, who's a midwife which is really helpful.
I haven't even been to see the doctor yet. I know what you mean though, I feel different this time too. :thumbup:

Hello everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a thread for those of us who are first timers to being pregnant & due around the same time!

What are your due dates? When is your first appointment/scan? What symptoms are you having?

I'm due May 12th, my first scan & appointment is October 2nd (8 weeks, 2 days), and my symptoms are consistently sore bbs, cramping, SO TIRED, sciatica, bloat, gas :blush:, heartburn, and nausea.

Join in the fun! And, congratulations everyone!:happydance:

Hello everyone!! My due date should be around May 14 according to all the websites. My first appointment is September 27, as I'm new to the game I have no clue what all will go down at the first appointment (any tips would be appreciated!).

Symptoms: some very early morning nausea and sorry I know it is gross but diarrhea off and on, I've read that that is normal, but haven't seen it listed here by anyone.. anyone brave enough to let me know I'm not alone??

I've only told mom and dad. One neighbor, my happy hour buddy, guessed right away and I couldn't lie. Dh hasn't told a soul. Were both so nervous something might happen. Or that we might get a bad test result. If it turned out that something was severely wrong with the bean genetically, I'm not sure what we would do. And his family is so judgmental, there would be no choice in their eyes. Therefore, we can tell none of them. I'm just debating whether or not to tell my best friends. I moved for DH when we got married, so none of my friends are nearby. I'll be the first to be preggers too. Two of them because of infertility (so I'm super nervous to tell them) and the rest by choice, so I'm not really sure any of them will relate.

My husband and I are the same way! We are so scared/paranoid something will go wrong. We have only told very immediate family and our best friends. I figure my best friends will have my back and be comforting if something were to happen. I'm not telling the rest of my family until after the first appointment and def. nothing is going on FB until we are in the second trimester. That seems more solid and real for some reason!

Hi There! :) My name is Chelsea and I'm new to this site. This is also my first pregnancy and I'm due May 12th as well.

I'm calling the Dr to schedule my apt tomorrow. But it will probably be in Oct.

My symptoms are cramping, EXTREMELY TIRED, and hungry. No nausea yet thank god!

smoore - we have the same expected due date!!

i've only told a few friends who are also TTC (i'd want them to do the same if they were pregnant) a friend at work who is 18 weeks pregnant herself cos i needed some advice, and that's it. we're going to wait at least 8 weeks to tell parents, and then everyone else at 12. i'm not posting it on FB at all, I hated seeing pregnancy announcements when i was TTC so i don't really want to potential upset someone else.

smoore - we have the same expected due date!!

i've only told a few friends who are also TTC (i'd want them to do the same if they were pregnant) a friend at work who is 18 weeks pregnant herself cos i needed some advice, and that's it. we're going to wait at least 8 weeks to tell parents, and then everyone else at 12. i'm not posting it on FB at all, I hated seeing pregnancy announcements when i was TTC so i don't really want to potential upset someone else.

Yay! I'm so excited! I forgot to add the symptom of being tired, I couldn't seem to get enough sleep this past week!

We weren't going to tell anyone until after our first doctor appointment, but we just got too excited and wrapped up in it!

Are your husbands/dads of baby going to the first appointment with you? I feel bad, because I had to make my appt at a time husband won't be able to go with me, we are both thinking nothing too exciting will be happening at the first appointment anyway. I promised to make my next appointment as soon as they will let me so that I can make it later in the day, when he can attend too!

my husband is going to my appt - but really it's me going to his. the appt was actually made for his sperm test results!

i am also crazy tired!

my husband is going to my appt - but really it's me going to his. the appt was actually made for his sperm test results!

i am also crazy tired!

Could you tell me how to get that adorable little count down/up into my signature! Ours will be pretty much identical, but I've seen tons of ladies with them, they are so cute!

click on mine - that will take you to the website. then find the section called "create your own ticker". once you've made yours you need to copy the link (it will be the 2nd link cos the 1st one isn't compatable with BnB) and paste it in to your signature on user CP

xx

Well no one is knowing about this one until we are absolutely sure it will be staying the course... prob at around 16 weeks if I can get away with it....

That is apart from my BnB buds of course lol

click on mine - that will take you to the website. then find the section called "create your own ticker". once you've made yours you need to copy the link (it will be the 2nd link cos the 1st one isn't compatable with BnB) and paste it in to your signature on user CP

xx

Thank you so much! Hope you don't mind mine is pretty much the same as yours!

Are your husbands/dads of baby going to the first appointment with you? I feel bad, because I had to make my appt at a time husband won't be able to go with me, we are both thinking nothing too exciting will be happening at the first appointment anyway. I promised to make my next appointment as soon as they will let me so that I can make it later in the day, when he can attend too!

My DH is coming to mine - but I've been told my first appt is a scan followed by a huge checkup. I was told over the phone that I could "bring one adult" when I made the appointment, so I immediately told DH that he's coming :haha:

<3 yay im due may 4th, 2013 horrible morning sickness BTW :( Cant eat much and all I do is stay in bed

I'm only feeling sick when I get hungry, aka - immediately after waking up and every 3 hours or so after that. So, I'm really starting to feel huge. I don't want to gain weight too fast. While TTC I lost 20 pounds (2 stone) to get to a healthy weight and I'm real fraud to put it all back on this fast.
Really happy DH can come to the first appt. I'm so excited / nervous. I feel like they are going to lad us up with so much info etc. If DH cant go with you, can you get a friend to go with?

<3 yay im due may 4th, 2013 horrible morning sickness BTW :( Cant eat much and all I do is stay in bed

When did m/s start for you?? I only really get it when I've got an empty stomach... wondering if I'm in for it in a week or two!

I'm only feeling sick when I get hungry, aka - immediately after waking up and every 3 hours or so after that. So, I'm really starting to feel huge. I don't want to gain weight too fast. While TTC I lost 20 pounds (2 stone) to get to a healthy weight and I'm real fraud to put it all back on this fast.
Really happy DH can come to the first appt. I'm so excited / nervous. I feel like they are going to lad us up with so much info etc. If DH cant go with you, can you get a friend to go with?

I don't see why not! My dr office said "one adult" may come with me. I would assume you can pick who you'd like to go :)

when has morning sickness started for everyone?

i'm 6 weeks today, and i feel great. my boobs hurt like crazy, but once i strap them into my industrial-strength bra (ha!) they're ok. i sleep all the time, totally fatigued.

but no sickness, and i feel really healthy. should i have m/s already?? makes me a touch nervous...

due may 7th 2013

My m/s started before i found out was pregnant
and had the hot spells at night time

bbs got more sore
always hungry
bloated
use the bathroom alot
tired

I'm only 4 weeks tomorrow, still way early. But not really feeling anything yet. Lol, made me nervous, so I took yet another test today since I had a digital left, and it still said pregnant. :) AF is due on Tuesday, so I'm still nervous until I pass that step. The only thing I'm feeling so far is VERY bloated, like more than I have ever been. And a bit gassy, lol. But nothing else...!

Hello ladies! I would love to join! I am due May 3rd! We were ttc for 8 months, I'm 23 and dh is 27. My symptoms so far are extremely sore boobs, super tired, and some foods I don't want at all. I have had kinda a rocky start though and I don't think i'm in the clear just yet. . . .

this past Monday I started spotting off and on. My first app was Thursday, they did blood work, pap smear and paperwork. Everything checked out. He scheduled me an ultrasound app for this coming tuesday because of the spotting. well Friday (the day after the pap smear) I had more spotting and a small blood clot, I freaked out and called my dr, he scheduled me in.
He did a swab test and found out I have 2 infections a yeast and a bacteria infection. He then wanted to do an ultrasound to ease my mind. Everything checked out, the babys heart beat was 113bpm, which was great :happydance:

He told me not to be concerned if I bled over the weekend, well I have been. I had A LOT of bleeding late Friday night, and light bleeding since then. Now I am resting and hoping it starts to stop. My next app is Oct 4th is all is good before then.

Good luck ladies and happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

Wecolme Ashley! Hope it's all ok! H & h 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->