Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Aw thanks girls. I feel like I look 9 months along. I can't believe your carrying twins pixie. You still look so tiny and cute!
Adorable pic PB! I'd be happy to photoshop any of leo's pics for ya. And I hope your Thyroid stuff gets all fixed up fast.
The glucose test is such bs. My docs only told me no soda or chocolate. So I ate oatmeal and an apple Aka lots of carbs and sugar and failed too. Why don't they just tell everyone to eat eggs? It's such bs. My follow up test was the 12 hour fast then 4 hours giving blood once each hour so 4 blood draws. It sucked so bad. I just wish they filled us all in better.

Thank you :) I've been so sad, because I have 3 friends here where I live that are pregnant and about as far along as I am, and they all already had the pretty perfectly round bump and I am just getting there. Still not there though.

Sass I will def take you up on that! I want to have all of his scan piccies in order as one whole picture!

Guess what guys...

Well I had a call from the hospital today... I have gestational diabetes... seriously.... as if there isn't enough going on medically... even the MW said that she was really hoping I wouldn't have it! So, I am off to hospital again on Thursday to see the diabetic team... more needles everyday.. lovely!

Leo... this is not funny! No more traumas for Mummy please lol

I failed the 1 hour test as well and had to do the 4 hour, which I passed :) But I agree they need to inform us better on what you shoud eat before the test

I was only given a 2 hour test... told to fast from midnight... and failed.. sigh.

Oh Pad hun, so sorry you've got GD on top of everything else. That really sucks! GD isn't always managed by needles though, it's sometimes just diet and exercise. Fingers crossed it's the latter for you. :hugs::hugs:

Yes PB- my SIL had GD and managed it with diet and exercise. She did draw blood at first to see where there were problems, etc, but soon didn't have to do that anymore. She did deliver a month early because of Pre-E issues, but the baby was great and they both went home after a couple of days in the hospital. You'll be fine, just try to stay positive!

on another note- are anyone else's tickers constantly wrong on your posts? I'll be 26 weeks on Thursday and my ticker says 24 weeks six days! Not a big deal, just wondering if it's just me.

See, thats why I don't want to take my test. I am Hypoglycemic, and if I don't eat a good breakfast or just eat tons of sugar when I wake up I feel horrible through the day. So of course they are going to get bad results during the test when I can't eat for two hours after taking the sugar drink. Then they are going to tell me how I shouldn't try to have a home birth and everything. D:<

PD: Sorry to hear that your going to have to deal with the blood test everyday till the little one gets here. :/

I already have a blood sugar monitor, and finger prick. I'm just out of needles and strips for it.

Jdub, your ticker says 25+4 for me!

Sorry about the GD Padbrat! My test is next week ladies so I'm hoping I pass! I don't have any symptoms or anything, especially since I haven't had a lot of weight gain, but you never know. I'll be having an omelette that morning though. Really I just want to eat normally but it's not abnormal for me to have eggs for breakfast in some form or another so the results shoudn't be skewed! :thumbup:

Natalie, my belly isn't very round yet either, I don't think. TBH I'm completely fine with having a smaller bump overall though! I know by the end of this pregnancy I'll feel like it's huge whether it really is or not :haha:

:hug: padbrat! Good luck with the diabetic team- hopefully you won't need daily injections:/

Crap PB! I'm so sorry. It's really the last thing you need.

Thanks ladies. As my results weren't completely awful (cut off is 7.9 and I had 8.4) I think it will be through diet. I spoke to my Sis who is a type 1 insulin diabetic and she went through with me the sort of diet stuff they would look at...

Have to say... less than impressed with the diet options for the next 11.5 wks!!! No museli, no raisins, no OJ, no strawberries, no smoothies..... all the stuff that I was eating as it is fruit or healthy I won't be able to have.

We eat healthily... I have my 5 a day of fruit and veg for my baby's health and mine... I don't eat biscuits, cakes or much crisps or even have take outs that often and I had no symptoms either. I just have a very strong family history of diabetes... my Sis, Dad and Dad's Mum (Nan) are diabetic.

Humph am well and truly pished off now... and I have a sinus infection and can't take anything for it..

Am already having to inject into my stomach every day... so another set of needles will just add to the joy!

GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly how I felt too. I don't know how all these healthy foods an be deemed unhealthy. I joined the gd support group on here and the girls said light activity after eating can make all the difference. They had some other good advice too. Might be worth looking into.

Sass do you have it too? I joined the GD group as well.. the one in the third tri section. I picked up on the activity after eating thing too... but with my thyroid so screwed I am completely breathless with just a walk up the stairs lol.

I guess I will see what the hosp says tomorrow...

Thanks Manu x

Mr Isaac and I have been having poking wars :3 I poke my belly and he will poke back then I'll poke in a different spot and he pokes again, eventually he decides its his bed time and turns his back to me :p

DH and I put a flashlight up to my belly a couple of nights ago and one of the babies kept responding, it was amazing. I think the other one must have been facing my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->