Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

With everyone becoming diagnosed with GD, makes me really weary to go for my test in the morning. Also getting my rhogam shot tomorrow. Ahhh Which reminds me that I can't eat anything in the morning :/ Fiddle sticks.

Sorry Red!

Like Natalie, I'm starting to worry that I'm going to end up with it too! Seems like so many women on this thread have it.

Natalie, let me know what the rhogam shot is like. I've got to get that too :grr:

hahah I can't believe I put rogaine xD I will do! I figure it will be easy peesy. Though it takes them 2 hours to mix it up. So its a good thing I will busy with my Glucose test while they mix it up then I am supposed to go pick it up and take it to my midwife clinic afterwards so they can give it to me. I wonder if they put it in your arm? Hmmmm Worth googling.

Sorry Red. I know you must be disappointed. I hope they're able to find a good solution for you, especially with your IBS. Prayers for you.
Oddly enough, I feel like my IBS hasn't been as bad during pregnancy, which is good because I don't think the meds I take for the major flare ups are safe in pregnancy.
I'm definitely starting to get nervous about my GD test on Thursday.

I just got a call from the midwives office... I don't have GD but I'm slightly anemic so I need to start taking supplements. Explains why I'm so darn tired all the time...

You know what ladies.. now I have my monitor and can see what different foods are doing to my levels it is not so bad... I totally now think mine can be managed by diet and even a walk of 20 mins after food can bring my levels right down. Yes... I am afraid my Maccy D attacks are a thing of the past (not such a bad thing)... but it is manageable.

Had a detailed look at the scan info from my 28 wk scan and discovered Leo weighed in at 3.6 lbs!!!!! OMG he is only supposed to weight 2.5 lbs at 28 wks!!!!!! EEEEEKKKKKKK!

Pad - so glad it looks like you can manage your GD with just diet. That's great news.

Bella - same here, no GD but slightly anaemic. I've been on the iron pills for over a week now and I can't say I'm any less tired than before which is a shame.

I've got to get the rhogam shot too sometime in the next week. I had it after I had my D&C earlier in the year and they gave it too me in my butt with a huge needle and it hurt. But when I mentioned it to my OB at my last appt he was really surprised because he said it's usually a tiny needle and in the arm. I guess the nurses at the hospital had got annoyed with me hassling them to hurry up because at that time, I'd been given the all clear by my Dr & just wanted to get out of there and go home. That was nice of them. lol

Wonderful PB! And thank goodness the diagnosis came on the later side so you only have to diet for 10 weeks or so. Ok, so I might be overanalyzing this but whatever. Dylan has been measuring the same as Leo all along aka 2 weeks ahead. I'll find out Friday if she is still on the same track. Do you think this means they might come 2 weeks early? My SIL said DS measured 2 weeks ahead all along and he was delivered 2 weeks before the edd.

Glucose test went good, only thing that was a pain was gas from the Fruit Punch flavored drink and the waiting around for two hours to be done with. Drink in general though, yes was strong and kinda hurt my throat because it was so sweet. But it reminded me of Hawaiian Punch concentrate before water gets added. I just chugged it.
Results probably won't come in till tomorrow.

Rhogam shot hurt a little bit but it was quick, done and over with. Right in the butt cheek.

Aggh! I don't want a shot in my butt (or anywhere really). I'm such a wuss :haha:

Its super quick. Or my midwifes nurse did it really quickly anyways :) Which I was thankful. Blah by now blood drawings and shots are easy peasy for me.

Sass - my baby is also consistently measuring 2 weeks ahead & I was hoping for the same thing but after some research on dr google and speaking to a few friends it really seems that there is no correlation :( got my fingers crossed anyway though!!! Hope baby will at least be on time!!!

Gotta love butt shots! I hope your results comeback good.
I'm holding out hope she comes on time. I feel like the third tri boards are ill of past due posts. I can seriously feel their pain and it scares the poop out of me.
I think my anxiety is starting to go up about l & d too. Anyone else?

I think I must be the only one who wants my baby to come a couple of days late. lol But only because I want my husband to be back from work in time to be there for the birth.

So the rhogam is a butt shot? Poo!

Manu- if my DH wasn't going to be there, I'd wait as long as it took to get him back! I'd be terrified to go it alone and there isn't anyone else I want in there with me.

Thanks ladies! I go tomorrow to see the dietician. From what I can tell of my test results, my GD is coming from my insulin resistancy. My fasting bw and 1 hr bw were with in normal limits this time but my 2 hr was 3 pts over and my 3 hr was 15 pts over. I'm just not processing the insulin at all :( Oh well, it is what it is!

Sass - L&D is really starting to scare me! I told DH last night that he has to come out. I know that most babies at this point are starting to turn around to where they are in the head down position but I'm pretty sure that Lucas is still breech. I feel more movement on my left side then anywhere else. Hope he decides to turn in the next few weeks!

OMG I actually slept last night, I had been stressing about that stupid test yesterday so much that the past few nights I felt like I was dieing. I couldn't sleep for anything and felt sick. Last night I slept like a baby, still woke up to switch positions. But nothing like before, Now I wait for my results today.

Honestly, I'm not really worried about labor & delivery. Well I am, but it has more to do with the fact that my doctor and I aren't exactly on the same page on how to approach the whole process. I'm hoping to discuss that with him today though, fxed!

I do think this baby is still breech but I'm planning to look at the Spinning Babies website and maybe implement some of the techniques from there and see if I can them to move!

GD test today! I'm having an omelette for breakfast so we'll see how it goes! I have no clue how many hours mine is -- I think it's just 1 hr.

Also the rhogam shot... I would love it if my doctor's office uses the small needle in the arm, but seriously I think this whole state is like 20 years behind the rest of the country sometimes, so I'm just going to count on the big needle in the butt. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Same here red. She's still kicking me low and middle. I'm afraid of a level 3 tear and afraid of not being able to drive or pick up her carrier for 6 weeks bc of a c section.

glucose test is over, my results should be in tomorrow, but I shouldn't be contacted unless they're abnormal. I'm so nervous about my results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->