Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Hm no real leakage from me, but I have noticed my nipples occasionally have dried stuff on them, so maybe a really tiny small amount of leakage that I don't notice? Idk. No real leakage yet though.

I thought I was starting to leak around 19 weeks, but really I'll just get an almost waxy buildup on the outer halves of my nipples. I still get it, but it's not as noticeable anymore :shrug:

Yay for passing pixie & nnormal!

No leaking from me either.

Managed to get hold of the Anti-D meds yesterday and heading over to a friend's house, who's a nurse, for her to stab me with it in a little bit.

Hope everyone's doing ok. :hugs:

I will be doing my GTT Thursday morning. Apparently, I test myself. Midwife said she would send the meter home with me, and when I get up in the morning I test myself after fasting, and then after breakfast (which I think is something specific but I'm not sure).

Woo. Good fun Thursday.

Happy some of you were able to pass and the testing doesn't seem too bad for you red. I don't think I've had any leakage, but I'm still getting bigger and bigger. I think I need a new bra again. I was a 34B, and I'm thinking I need a 38DD. I've also noticed that sometimes my nipples are almost black. Is anyone else noticing this? It seems to come and go.

Sass - mine don't go black but sometimes the tips turn a deep purplish color. They've consistently leaked daily - just enough that I can notice stains in my white bras but not enough to leak through a bra. Wondering how long until I'll need pads in my bras...

I've been leaking tons D: off and on all day. Right before I leak a good amount I sometimes get a cramp in my boob, kinda like the growing pains. Its like they are exercising for the up coming birth.

Heard from my doctor's office. The glucose test results were good but my iron is low, so now I have to take a supplement for that :/

Got resized for bras yesterday. Im a 38e. Holy crow. This is crazy. The lady said because the baby is so high, my ribs are pushed up so much that any underwire is going to cause me pain. Ugh. I hope baby turns eventually and drops and gives me some relief.

Got resized for bras yesterday. Im a 38e. Holy crow. This is crazy. The lady said because the baby is so high, my ribs are pushed up so much that any underwire is going to cause me pain. Ugh. I hope baby turns eventually and drops and gives me some relief.

Oooh that would be bad. My ribs seem pushed out but I went up a band size and they gave me some of those band extenders, and honestly it's been fine. My underwire stays right under the girls for now. Perhaps a band extender might help, to give a little more room for expansion?

Oh I forgot to mention mine are underwire too. I measured at 34H, but ended up buying at 36G to allow for rib expansion. They didn't have no-wire in 34H/36G. I have tried on some "leisure" bras that are wire free, but they offer NO support whatsoever!

Hmmm, my ribs don't seem to have been pushed out at all but rather baby seems to have come out and over them...

Sass I moved up to a 36G when I was about 16 weeks, and have stayed there. It's nearly impossible to find an wire free bra in that size, so I bought two underwire ones. I haven't moved up a band size I guess at this point, just my cup size, but a well fitting underwire should be comfortable I think. And way more supportive than anything without a wire!

Took my GD test this morning and fingers crossed it went well! I will know in a few days how it went, hopefully I hear nothing. They said that if it was good, I'd hear nothing.

We also had an ultrasound to check on my placenta placement, because it was too low lying at my Week 20 U/S. And it has moved up to normal! So that's great! NO worries there! Baby Taylor was super active, happy and waving to us! We're doing a 3D/4D next weekend and I can't wait to really see her!

Attachments

• 02.28.13 SA Mayo ob 20.jpg
    02.28.13 SA Mayo ob 20.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
I did my Glucose test this morning, I passed!!

I got to do the postprandial test, which means I had a specific, high glucose meal instead of the drink. I had 8 oz unsweetened juice and 18 plain saltine crackers. It was weird.

My readings were all good though!

Jdub & misspriss - great news!!!

AFM - acid reflux is getting worse by the day. Midwife put me on Zantac, which worked for a few days.... Now it's Awful by night time. The only thing that sometimes helps is ice cream... But midwife is concerned daily milkshakes will make me gain too much weight. I've just gotten to the point where I just don't want to eat ice cream but its the only thing that will make me feel better. It's to the point where I feel like I'm going to vomit acid ( sorry tmi). Frustrated!!!

Hooray for passing misspriss!

I hope you pass Jdub! Good news about your placenta!

Bella, sorry to hear about the heartburn. I've mostly been able to manage mine with tums here and there, and the last couple of days I've been completely fine... I pretty much have to avoid anything acidic though!

I did hear back from my doctor's office on Wednesday... I passed the glucose test but my iron was low. It wasn't super below the minimum threshold, but I'm on iron supplements until further notice.

Aw Bella I'm sorry! I am suffering from bad reflux too. So far I have managed it with Gaviscon and Tums, but I am seriously considering Zantac. The thing that helps me most is eating dinner about 5 hours before bed. If i eat later, I get reflux AND throw up. It makes it hard though because it means I get home from work and have to eat immediately.

I know, right?! Happy 31 Bella!
I'm uncomfortable! Ate poorly over the weekend and constipation came back with a vengeance. Also, constant peeing causing sleeping issues. How's everyone else doing?

I'm with you on the peeing, Sass! I don't know what position this baby is in now, but about a week ago my night time wakings went from about 2/night to at least 4/night. I guess it's just good preparation for the baby's arrival, right? :haha:

I do think the baby turned head down sometime last week, as I started feeling kicks at the top left of my bump. Before, all the movements were at the bottom. I have a final ultrasound a week from today to double check that baby is growing well so I guess I'll see then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->