Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

So my lo is much stronger and aware of his surroundings now. Last night while trying to fall asleep, I had my hand resting on the side of my belly. Isaac would move his foot or hand right to where my hand was poke it up farther and move it around where my hand was resting! :3 Then he would stop when I lifted my hand. It was absolutely awesome.

I feel like I am speaking sign language to him in the womb haha.

Curly- Good luck on your next test, I ate a peanut butter and Jelly an hour before I was supposed to start fasting. I feel like it helped.

Baby got the hiccups last night! I could not figure it out at first, it took me a minute to realize that was what was going on in there!

Do you feel the hiccups right where their head is? If so, baby is DEFINITELY head down, waaaayyy down there....

Lo had hiccups for 30 minutes last night, it usually is right by my pelvic bone.

The hiccups felt like right between my pelvic bone, right in the middle. I was kind of surprised because last time I saw midwife (about 8 days ago) baby was just kind of hanging out, halfway head down, but nowhere near the pelvic bone...if that makes sense. I see her again next Wednesday, I'll ask her about it then. It would be nice and reassuring if baby was solidly head-down though!!

Well it was confirmed today that my baby is now head down, just as I suspected =)

There has been a few times I've wondered if I was feeling hiccups, but it never lasted very long so it probably wasn't them, I suppose.

For a while I thought baby was just poking me in rhythm, but it kept going right on rhythm, so I deduced it must be hiccups!

Sass - it's only on CMT days and its 15 mins per grade level in grades 3 4 & 5, since they're the grades taking the CMT tests. It's great! I've been bad, didnt think I could keep up, but surprised myself & it felt really good!

I had false labor last night. BH woke me up and continued on for an hour + (I tried drinking water and changing positions). I called the labor ward as it was 5 AM and the told me to take some paracetamol/Tylenol and if they were BH they would stop, she said if they didn't stop or got worse to call back in immediately. Luckily, the Tylenol helped, I only had a couple more contractions after I took it. It was definitely a bit of a scare and means I will be packing my hospital bag today.

Wow pixie! Glad you're okay & your LOs have decided to stay inside for a bit longer!

Natalie - mine does that too! It cracks me up and always happens when I least expect it! Love it!

Glad you're okay Pixie! How long have they said they want you to go/will let you go? I've got a friend on fb who is pregnant with twins right now, officially due in June, about 3 weeks after me. But she said the other day they only want her to get to 36 weeks then will do a c-section, so she'll probably meet her babies before I meet mine!

Yeah I know what the hiccups are supposed to feel like, but anytime I've noticed a rhythm it's very short lived. So either it wasn't hiccups or my baby gets over them quickly!

I'm pretty sure it's still hiccups, even though it goes really fast. Mine have never even lasted a full minute but they are so fast and hard and rhythmic they have to be hiccups.
Congrats on being head down never. I'm going to ask my dr about being head down today.
Oh pixie! I'm so happy it was false labor for you. Must have been scary though. Are you in the uk? It seems as if people in the uk have to pack so much more stuff for the hospital. Even more to worry about! What are you packing?

So lastnight and this morning it feels like LO is transverse again :/ maybe he just has his legs all over the place. I'd like him to stay head down for the most part.

Glad it was false Pixie!! Must have been really scarey though.

I thought I was having contractions for a minute the other night, woke me up in the middle of the night. Turns out it was gas/diarrhea cramps. But my first thought was "OMG call the midwife!"

I don't have braxton hicks really, is that bad? Isn't it normal to have them by now?

My 40 week due date is may 20th, but I was told I'll be induced at 37 weeks (which is considered full term for fraternal twins).
There is a lot to pack here in the UK. I don't currently have everything I need/want for my bag, but I'm going to pack what I have for now. Here's what I'm planning on taking with me:

For my labor & delivery bag-
2 gowns
socks
hair band
snacks
chapstick
I might take a book/kindle depending on how early during labor they want to admit me
(might also pack a birthing ball & TENS machine, but I'm undecided on these)

Bag for after delivery-
maternity pads (I heard about 10 for each day you expect to be in the hospital)
nursing bras, underwear, & socks
a couple nursing pads & nipple cream
2 night gowns & robe
toiletries
going home outfit (I think I'm going to pack a dress incase I end up having a C-section)
towel
breast pump
nursing pillow
For baby-
wipes & diapers
2 onesies, 2 sleepers, going home outfit, blanket, hat (I'll be doubling this)
& of course the car seats

I think that's everything!

My hospital suggests packing a bag for your DH as well, if he's going to be your support partner. Put some snacks in there for him and maybe a book or something for him as well. If he's able to stay overnight with you in the hospital, then you'll obviously need toiletries for him, and a change of clothes.

I also heard an extra shirt for DH, I guess for after labor if he holds the baby right away, or sweats a lot!

I've only felt hiccups 5 times so far ( two of which were yesterday morning and night ) and they've been really light quick rhythmic and last for a minute or two.

Speaking of hospital bags, when is everyone planning on packing them?? I thought I had a while yet but a coworker told me she packed hers at 28 weeks & said I should get on it!!

I'm planning on having my hospital bags packed by 34 weeks. Even if I went into labor then, baby would likely spend some time in the NICU, but I figure if I have problems before then, my whole plan/experience is going to be different than I would want anyway. Hospitals in the U.S. provide a lot of stuff, and I can always send DH home for toiletries or a clean change of clothes if I had to.

I'm packing the iPad and charger for DH so he can keep busy. Ditto on his phone charger, the camera and its charger.
I did the hospital tour where we will deliver, so they told us about all they will give us (sleep sack, onesies, diapers, wipes, sanitary pads, Breast pads, hand washing tub for baby). I still might bring three days of clothes for Dylan anyway. I love her stuff and can't wait to get her in it.
I'm just worried about clothes for myself. I've bought some great nursing gowns, but I've heard it's a risk to bring them to hospital as you might get them bloody. Has anyone else heard this? I don't want to ruin them right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->