Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Hey all! Sorry been manic busy for the last few weeks!

Seems like I am one of the frequent toilet flyers as well! With that and my hip pain I feel like a full nights sleep is a distant memory! LOL

I must confess to feeling quite jealous of all you whose baby's are behaving and going head down... had a scan on Monday and Leo is still quite happy chilling out in transverse... just as he has all along! No intentions whatsoever of going head down! In fact he right at the very top with his head on my right, back running across the top of my uterus and legs tucked in above my belly button... *sigh.. I wonder if my Son will ever listen to me!

Never I wish our hospitals provided stuff... hence why us UK girls have to pack so much ... we get provided with very little.

Pixie thank heavens it was a false labour and the twins are still cosy in you!

Sass.. will PM ya! x

Sass you could pack the nursing gowns, and if you decide you don't want to wear them because you're bleeding too much, continue to wear the hospital gown I guess? Idk. My hospital tells us to bring 2-3 gowns, but I don't have any at this point. Where did you get yours?

Good to see you PB! I've missed you! Dylan didn't turn til I did the stuff on spinning babies.
I think your right never. I got one at kohls and one at the maternity section at Macy's. can't wait to wear them! Got a gift card to destination maternity and bought a bunch of breast feeding tops too. So excited to be out of maternity clothes!

Spinningbabes.com. It's a free site with some easy excersizes to get baby moving. Just be forewarned, every time I stick my butt in the air, I fart, so now I only do it when I'm alone. :blush:

I got my gowns online from motherhood maternity, they were clearance (buy one clearance item, get one free). It was a spectacular deal and I think it may still be going on.

That's a spectacular deal Pixie! I doubt they have the same sales in the U.S. though.

Oh, okay! Well I was just in an actual Motherhood store on Thursday, and their current sales were buy one get one 50% off. I said I wished they they B1G1, and the clerk said I'd just missed that sale but a week or so. Have looked at their website since my last post, and indeed, they don't have that sale anymore, even online.

Yeah, she said sometimes they have different/better sales online, but not right now obviously. :shrug: Something is always on sale somewhere, or I can always attempt to make my own if I get some other projects out of the way first!

I was able to get buy 3 get one free on nursing bras and nursing tops at motherhood last Wednesday. They also had a $20 off $100 coupon floating around.

Motherhood doesn't sell nursing bras in my size, unfortunately. I think I can get a couple of their sleep nursing bras, because they are stretchy, and use those until my milk comes in and settles down and I have an idea of what I need. But bras sized by band & cup size, I'll have to look somewhere else. Am looking into converting regular bras into nursing bras as they can get SO expensive!

Will probably stop by Motherhood next Sat. after my childbirth prep class, or after my next appointment on the 21st. I need to sign up for their e-mail list I guess and see if I get any coupons with that. Shirts are a pain to buy because I need XL for my boobs to fit in, but then they are huge everywhere else :wacko: I really need to get more proactive about learning to tailor my clothes!

They send so many coupons. I think I got a few good ones today.
I got some real stretchy camis tht might work. And some great sports bras.
Kohls maternity is getting much better and ther coupons are awesome.

I ordered the two maternity tops that I have from Kohls. They work, but it's like I said. They fit well in the boobs and I feel like I'm swallowed everywhere else. I know my belly still has time to grow to fill those out but even the arms and stuff seem big. I don't want to buy any more maternity shirts though that aren't also nursing tops, since I do plan to breastfeed.

Well the baby shower wasn't as much of a turn out as I had hoped. Less than half of the people who said they would come didn't. Which in turn left us with TONS of food and drinks -.- sigh. Ahh well still very thankful for the baby stuff and seeing some old friends.

Sorry that your shower didn't go as planned, Natalie! Did you get a lot of stuff from your registry?

Gosh I am sooo clueless... what are maternity gowns??? Are they just nighties? I have bought some very stretchy comfy ones with easy slip down straps from M&S that are buy one for £9.50 and get one for £4.50...

I absolutely need to get some nursing tops and bras though....

Hahahah Sass... will check out spinning baby and ensure I am absolutely alone!!

The gowns I've gotten are just nighties, I've just made sure there are no snaps or medal of any kind.

Cool! Thanks for putting my mind at rest Pixie... I thought I was missing out on some important baby thing!

Am busy washing all of Leo's clothes and bedding today... awwww... and he is having a wriggle fest after I had an apple for part of my lunch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->