Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

DSC04217.JPG
Me getting to kangaroo care him. After this I pumped quite a bit more than usual, but it wasn't as good later...

They started feeding him today! Off to gaining weight now I hope. They said by later this week or definitely maybe next weekend he should be able to try directly nursing!!

How precious!

Congrats on 33 weeks Natalie, I'm looking forward to transitioning to honeydews soon!

Congrats mss priss! He is so cute! What's he weighing now?

I don't think they have weighed him since he had been born. I asked about his weight and they said he had not been weighed every day yet. I will update when I hear!

What was his birth weight? Did they give you a target weight they want you to get him to or is it more about how he's eating and keeping down food etc?

He was 3lbs, 15 oz. One ounce short of 4lbs. They said he could not go home until he was 4.5 lbs so about 9 ounces to go. They said he has to be 4.5 lbs to move to a "regular" infant crib at the hospital at that weight and he then has to maintain his temperature on his own. Also he needs to be able to eat reasonably well (they say they can go home with some eating assistance I think).

They said he may be able to try nursing himself at 35 weeks, or maybe even before (he is 34+1 today!).

Well, it is time to pump again...every 2 hours is often!!

I'm sure he'll gain it quickly! Happy pumping is going so well for you. Youre so lucky to have such an adorable little boy!

You're such an inspiration misspriss! So far things haven't happened according to what you were hoping but you're making the best of it and looking forward to making progress with your little boy =). I hope your milk supply continues to increase!

You're such an inspiration misspriss! So far things haven't happened according to what you were hoping but you're making the best of it and looking forward to making progress with your little boy =). I hope your milk supply continues to increase!

Thanks so much! Things did not go according to plan, but baby is super healthy for a preemie and I trust in God and he is helping me a lot!

They weighed him, he is down 5 ounces. Now 3lbs 10 ounces :( only 14 ounces more to gain, or almost a pound...but they feed him every 3 hours so maybe it will go up soon!

Misspriss, he's SO adorable! I'm glad he's doing well, he may be small, but he's a strong little guy! Congrats, and keep the updates coming!!

NST went really good this morning. Doctors are still trying to tweak my Glyburide in the morning, so now I get the lovely chore of taking it one hour before breakfast. This pregnancy is really getting me ready to be up all the time! I'm up 2-4 times a night now to go pee and now a little earlier to take my pill! The u/s tech was out today so I'm scheduled for one at the hospital in about 40 minutes!

Priss- glad Sean is doing good! Hopefully he'll start packing on the weight soon!

So I had my ultrasound today! My precious little boy is measuring 36 weeks! Most measurements were from late 35 weeks to early 37 weeks! They are also estimating that he weighs 6 lbs. 6 oz. they said that he could be anywhere from 5 lbs. 6 oz. up to 7 lbs. 6 oz.! They feel that he's closer to the 6 lbs. amniotic fluid levels were good too! He also had the hiccups when they were doing the ultrasound! He is head down! I'm thinking I really need to get my hospital bag packed!

How has everyone's Monday been?

What a great weight Redskins!

I went in today for repeat testing because of my itching, the MW just rang, the blood test from this morning came back abnormal for my bile acid levels. I have to go back on Friday for more testing and fetal monitoring. She gave me a heads up that she thinks my levels are probably going to get worse, meaning that I'll be going in for testing and fetal monitoring twice a week.

Wow Miss so many congratulations on the birth of your baby boy! How amazing! Apparently it is quite normal for babies to drop a little birth weight before it goes back up so I am sure he will have those 14 lbs in no time!

Wow... so who will be next?

Good weight Redskins!

I predict Pixie will be next! First off because she's having twins, but I think if you have OC (which is the whole itching/bile levels thing) they tend to deliver you earlier anyway.

Misspriss I hope he starts putting on weight now that they are feeding him your colostrum & milk!

My next appointment is Thursday so I guess I'll see how things are looking then! Last time he said my fundal height was low by a couple of cm but that could just be how the baby is laying. I don't see why it wouldn't have grown, but I guess if it hasn't and it's low by a larger amount then he might want to do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing right.

At my class tonight they said babies lose weight, then gain it back in spurts. Usually near 5 days and again at 10 days so they are back to birth weight close to 10-12 days after birth. Wild stuff!
I think pixie might be next too! How fun to guess!

Hi ladies! It's been a while! I'm personally going nuts because my Dh has been working so late that he's getting home at 11:30 and the dog gets so excited and barks, then I'm up half the night... So instead I wait up for him. But I'm still working and have to get up at 6 so this lack of sleep is killing me!!!

Also Dh has been in the process of scraping the popcorn off the ceiling in baby's room for the past 4 weeks (since working late started) and hasn't had time to finish so the room is a war zone!!!! So much for wanting to nest & set stuff up :(

How is everyone else? Misspriss, how is Sean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->