Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I'm doing okay. Just struggling with near constant heartburn... it hits early afternoon almost every day, no matter what or when I've eaten :/

I'm having major back pain! I'm actually carrying a heating pad to and from work. Doctor said my NST looked good today and I was having some contractions. He said that I look like I have about 2 more weeks of work. Which would put me at almost 37 weeks. He wants to try to deliver somewhere between 38-39 weeks....

Sorry to hear about the heart burn!
What's nst red?

sorry to hear about the heartburn never, I had issues with that early on in my pregnancy and it was horrible. I hope baby decides to move a bit lower so you can get some relief.
Redskins - nearly there! Is your doctor hoping to induce then, or does he think you'll probably go into labor in that time frame?

yea what is NST chick?

have started back ache too now baby has moved lower... no not head down, still transverse! LOL

Lack of sleep has been constant since 15 wks for me due to my hip pain.... but is so much better now I am off work!

Popcorn on the ceiling????

NST is a non stress test. It measures the heartbeat and if I'm having contractions. It usually takes 30 min. to a hour. I have to also click a button every time LO moves. They look to make sure that he's not in distress.

Good thing to pass! I can't believe you're having contractions though. Do you feel them? So wild! I cant believe we're all so close to the end.
Popcorn ceilings were a big trend on the 90's or so. It looks almost like stucco if youre familiar with that. It created a spray on textured look inside your house. I had a friend who got it with glitter built in for his party house. It was pretty cool but its probably very messy to take down.

I haven't had any contractions that I know of. Or any Braxton-Hicks. I feel like such an oddball when I read all the 3rd tri posts about getting them early on, or for weeks on ends, etc. when I haven't felt a thing!

And the heartburn... yeah. I've had bouts of constant heartburn pretty much since 7 weeks or so. I'll go a few weeks or days battling it, then a few weeks or days of relief. Wash, rinse, repeat. I do hope I get some relief soon though and this spell doesn't last until the baby is born!

OMG people used to have glittery textured ceilings????

NST tests must be an American thing... not available here. Good thing to pass though!

My Braxton hicks have only really been bad for the last week or so...

NSTs are typically done if, say, you're overdue, or if you're having complications. Not every pregnant woman in the U.S. will get one done. I'm surprised they don't do them in the UK, though they might for more high risk or complicated pregnancies... though I would've thought you might fit into that category PB!

You got me thinking Never.... have just checked and no, it is not offered by the NHS service... boo hoo!

I've basically been having NSTs, they just call it fetal monitoring. They hook me up to the fetal monitors, plus I have a monitor on for contractions and they make me stay there until they have a sufficient "acceptable" trace of each babies heartbeats, it normally takes quite a while for me as the babies move a lot and then one affects the other, plus they have to make sure they're actually getting each babies heartbeat, rather than picking up one of them twice.

Lol my popcorn ceilings are not glittery hehe but yes - it's a nasty mess!!! Picture white crumbly crapola covering every inch of the baby's room's floor. Can't get anywhere near inside there! It's awful :( especially when I can't wait to put everything together. Oh well.

On another note, I have my all day birthing class tomorrow :) 7 hours long! Excited! Will probably be the most awake time I'll have spent with DH all week!!! Haha

Enjoy your birthing class Bella! Unfortunately, I felt mine was a huge waste of time, but I really think that was down to the person who actually taught it rather than the content. She intentionally skipped some things to "get us out early" but had called us all the day before and told us not to bring pillows for the floor exercises as we wouldn't have time. Well we got out 2 hours early... I think that would've been plenty of time! It was pretty obvious she didn't want to be there.

That sucks never! I totally agree. I think the teacher makes or breaks the class.

I'm not really sure if he's wanting to induce me or if he thinks I won't make it past 38-39 weeks. Since I get to see my doctors twice a week from here on out, I'm just going to keep asking!

So today's my third baby shower and tomorrow is my last one! I'm already exhausted this weekend, so I should be down for the count by tomorrow afternoon! Oh we'll! Here's to hopefully getting the rest of what we need!

That is a shame your class was not what you hoped. We did the NCT class - which is 16 hrs of classes and it was absolutely brill... covered everything from breast feeding to labour to changing nappies. We had a great teacher and we were a good bunch so are all in touch with eachother. It is nice to have that support.

Yeah see in mine, the teacher was going through the powerpoint, and when she got to the Breastfeeding section, said "Oh, we offer a whole different class on that, so we can skip this section. It's a bit long." :wacko: I really wasn't pleased, and am not wasting money & time to attend that class. I feel like I'll have enough support after the birth if I have issues. I would've preferred that DH attend it really, so he could know what issues may arise when it comes to bfing, but I think we'll be fine really.

Well ladies, DH and I have been sick all week now :/ He has actually been sick, and I can't tell if I caught a small dose of what he has or if mine is really bad allergies, but I've been sporting a sore throat, mucus, and I have lost my voice :/ Luckily LO seems to be just fine and wiggling around. Just ready for it to be gone so we can all feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->