Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

I hope you didn't catch it Natalie! I've caught a few bugs from my DH this pregnancy. He'll bring something home, and I'll get just to the point that I think I escaped it, and then I wake up sick or something. He's been complaining of a sore throat the past two days so we'll see if I'm about to get something else :wacko: If you do get sick, just remember to keep up your fluid intake and treat a fever if you get one!

Birthing class was good! Sorry yours stunk never :( I didn't learn an awful lot but because it was at the hospital I will deliver at I was able to see everything that is a solvable to me to use in labor. We also saw the most adorable 2 day old baby in the nursery and the nurse showed us how her umbilical cord looked, the tracking device on her right foot, and the 3 ID bracelets on her left leg. Was just nice knowing some of the things to come. Also learned a lot more about epidural pro exudes - pros and cons - and the more I think about it the more I want to go natural... If I can handle it!!!!

Excited for my first baby shower tomorrow :) but I'm EXHAUSTED!!!! It's been such a long week.

Wishing good health to those of you feeling/ in danger of getting sick!!

Luckily I haven't had a cold. Though I am really wanting my voice back, I hope if I am suffering from allergies that they go away before LO decides to get here, especially since my allergies usually last a month or so D: Blahhhh.

NeverNormal-Sorry to hear that you are getting sick so much through out your pregnancy, I am fortunate that this is the first time sick wise that I have been under the weather. I am hoping DH gets better soon, I almost feel like I am suffering from sympathy sickness D:

I have a cold right now and it's miserable. DH seems like he might be getting it now. I'm really hoping it'll go away soon because I think the boys will be making their arrival soon.
This is my third cold this pregnancy, I guess my immune system just can't handle much.

I hope you ladies can manage to get away without getting it. Mine started as a sore throat, then came the nasal stuffiness, and now I'm super achy (which I'm attributing to the cold, but it could just be pregnancy).

I had the same symptoms last week pixie. Also picked up from DH. I made sure to eat 2 mandarins and a red pepper every day on top of my prenatal, drank a bunch of tea and took a BT of Tylenol. Mine only lasted half as long as DH's.
hope you shake it off soon!

The only reason I've been sick so many times (well I think it's been 3 total) is because DH is a teacher and brings crud home from school. My immune system has actually been brilliant, as I seem to be fairly resistant, and when I finally succumb to whatever disease I have bounced back much faster than DH each time.

Hmmm my immune system is really down.. I have had so many bugs this pregnancy, but that was due to the steriods I think. It is rough because I won't take anything for it if I can help it as I am already on so many meds.

Hubby has just started another cold so it will no doubt hit me soon...

PB- I hope you can manage to get away without catching the bug he's got.

Ta Pixie!

Sass... if I take more pills I will rattle!! Will drink lots of OJ! xx

I've been eating lots of vitamin-c, drinking tons of water and sucking on throat lozenges. I actually slept fairly decent last night as well. I think I may be making some progress. Voice is returning slightly too!!! Ohh sweet heavens I am so happy I may be finally kicking what ever I had. I'm glad I made it through with out any tylenol or anything like that.

I was surprised to find red peppers have as much vitamin c as oranges. I'm a big believer in getting vitamins to speed up your healing. Hope it works out girls!

Have just been to the hospital and had a scan and Leo is still transverse, so I am being admitted today to the maternity ward for the next 2 weeks (unless he comes sooner) as apparently it would be quite risky for me to go into labour or have my waters break without being in hospital as he can't be born vaginally whilst he is transverse - c section only!!! OMG OMG PANIC!!!

So basically I will be in there 2 weeks all being well with some steriod injections to help Leo's lungs... a lot of sitting around and boredom I suspect, however, whatever is best for him.

Leo now weighs in at 6lb 10 and is still measuring a couple of weeks ahead on growth so all is well in that respect at least!

Will try to keep up with you all on mobile! x

Goodness PB, what an update! I hope he turns for you!

As for me, I feel off - just not quite normal, I still have a sore throat and some congestion, been having nausea on and off, and I've been having quite a few BH again. DH and I both have a feeling that delivery day is fast approaching.
I have more bloods and fetal monitoring tomorrow.

Ahhhhhhhh! Crazy! You better write me now that you have all ths free time PB! Have you been doing inversions PB? I'm still spending 10 minutes a day on my face just to try to keep things "favorable".
So happy Leo is still big and healthy. I'm sure hes going to come out in great shape.
So excited to hear what happens for you pixie! I'm sure that being sick is throwing you off though. It always puts a monkey wrench in things. Make sure to keep up with your fluids! I'm not sick and I'm drinking 15-20 pints of water a day. Crazy, huh?!

my lo loves to be transverse as well :/ I think he is little and just has plenty of room :/ ohhh this worries me good luck PB

I hope he goes head down for you soon PB!

Pixie, are you guys feeling ready to meet your little ones? I hope you're not getting sick as I'm sure it wouldn't be pleasant to be sick and in labor or be sick with newborn babies to take care of!

We are totally ready other than me being sick. The nursery is complete and the bags are packed, we're just waiting on them at this point! The only thing we still need to get around to doing is putting together a will, which isn't necessary to do before they're born, it'll just be hard to accomplish when toting around 2 newborns.

Pb - hope all goes well for you!!! So exciting to know Leo is coming soon!!! You will be in my prayers & hope he flips for you so you don't end up with a c section. Ditto what sass said - you'll have some free time now so keep us posted please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->