Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

Last night was the first night I've been swollen and it was BAD. DH and I went to dinner and when I got home my ankles, feet and calves were all one size- giant! Anyone have ideas on how to keep this under control for the next few weeks? It was kind of scary!

My doc said its to be expected and expect it to get worse. ESP the more time you spend on your feet and salt you eat. Try to prop your feet up above our heart when you get home.
Mine swell so bad DH asked where my ankles were last night. My reply- GONE! Ad mine et so red I call them spicy Italian sausage.

PB -- can't believe you'll be meeting your little guy so soon! We'll all be (im)patiently waiting for updates and pictures!

Curly, I definitely have to go to the bathroom more these days, but I really don't think my baby has dropped yet. I am also still having trouble breathing. When the baby does drop, I'll probably have to live on the toilet! I never had the best bladder anyway :/

You girls are making me think I should go ahead and take my wedding & engagement rings off or something. I've not had any problems with swelling at all, but I would hate to be surprised with it and then my rings get stuck on/have to get cut off! Now that I'm actually noticeably pregnant I don't really want to be going out without my rings on though. It doesn't help that DH doesn't have a ring right now as his broke.

I've been swelling slightly, nothing extreme but enough to be annoying. I went ahead and took off all of my rings, and since I have been home I haven't had any reason to wear shoes so that helps a lot too. The 30 lb's that I've gained though doesn't help with the foot cramps I've been getting though, just standing for to long really starts to make everything ache :/

So far for me it's really mostly feet and ankles. I'm still wearing my rings and am planning to continue to do that. I don't think I could get them off and on each day with the swelling, but I can sleep in them, no big deal. I can't think of any reason they'd need to be cut off. my doctor said I can wear them through delivery if I want to.

PB - so anxious for you! You'll be holding Leo so soon!

I am about to google some remedies for swelling. I've had what I would consider mild swelling of my feet and ankles, but today my calves and especially my thighs are extremely swollen - I'm talking pants that fit yesterday aren't going to fit my thighs today kind of swelling, it's intense and looks weird.

the thighs seem a little strange to me... maybe talk to your doc about that?

I forgot to ask my doctor about the rings, and if he thinks I should take them off. I have a feeling he'd probably say not to anyway, since I haven't had any trouble so far.

So, my cervix is currently soft, and sort of dilated but not. Such useful information lol

Anyone else having a hard time trying to figure out what position your baby is in? It seems like Isaac is transverse again, but then it seems like he is kicking on both sides. I wonder if he is head down and posterior and just has his little legs on either side? Ahhh its driving me nuts, I am starting to wonder how much room the little guy really has in there. Because he seems to have a numerous amount of positions he chooses from.

I can't really tell what position my baby is in just from feeling myself... but I haven't felt any huge movements like I did when baby moved head down, so I've just assumed that we're still in that position. It was confirmed today at my appointment, that baby is head down with its back on my right side.

Best of luck tomorrow, PB!!! Will be thinking of you, post pics of baby when you can!

Swelling has been my worst thing during pregnancy, it caused the carpal tunnel I'm dealing with, and I'm ready for it to be done, lol. I've tried ice, drinking loads, elevation, massage, accupuncture. For me, it's been mostly in my fingers/hands/wrists, and some in my feet. But, almost done...!

Had my 36 week US yesterday, everything is looking good! They checked his size because of the GD, and said he's 6.5 pounds! But they said as long as I keep at the levels I've been at, that the size should stay at the .5 lb a week rate and will be fine. :) I've been able to control my levels with diet, it's just annoying not being able to eat many carbs and ice cream, lol, because that's all I crave! Oh well, not too much longer now!

Can't wait to hear an update from PB!

BTW, anyone developed stretch marks? I thought I was doing good until about a week ago and I noticed about 5 bright red ones on the underside of my belly, ugh! I've been rubbing shea butter and Burt's Bees mama butter on them, but who knows if it does anything. No more bikinis for me in the future, LOL.

Hey guys. Just a quick update as am completely overwhelmed.... Leo arrived yesterday via a little bit of a traumatic c section.
He is perfect! Bear in mind i was told he was 6 lb 10 at 36 wks he actually weighed 5 lb 13!
He is amazing.
Can't wait for you all to experience this x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"