Pregnant with #1 ~ May Babies 2013!

WOo hoo! So exciting! Babies are on the way! I ave no clue who's next, but I'd love to be it, or at least be soon. Of course I have no symptoms but a dropped baby. My doc won't even start checking by cervix til 39 weeks I think. :(

My contractions never got strong or consistent enough for me to call the MW so I spent the night at home. The contractions are still coming and going and I'm wondering if they're maybe just BH with some real ones thrown in the mix. I have a MW appt scheduled for today for bloods and fetal monitoring so I've asked DH to try and get off work to at least drive me to my appt as I probably shouldn't be driving with contractions coming and going. (This is assuming things don't pick up before said appt - he'll easily be able to get out of work when I'm in labor, I just don't want him to have to take more time than necessary before then so that we can maximize his time out of work when I'll need him most.)
I'm hoping they'll be able to give me some clue what's going on at the MW appt.

Just got home from my MW appt. She said that next time I start getting contractions like that (even if they aren't strong like I think they should be) I should call the labor ward. I might not get admitted, but she said with the twins they're more likely to want to have me come in and get checked out. She thinks it really could be any day now!

Wow! That's so exciting. So, how painful was it really? I had some wicked pain last night and I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect.

I can't really tell if Isaac has dropped or not, so I assume he hasn't. I have defiantly been having the striking pains in the pelvic area for a while now and pressure from time to time on my lower parts. I'm just waiting for him to drop and things to get moving though. My mother delivered her first around full term. So I am hoping I'm as fortunate.

what I've experienced so far has not been painful per se. I had to focus on my breathing with a couple, but for the most part I don't think I've really experienced anything yet. I wish I could be more helpful.

My doctor is supposed to start checking for dilation starting at my next appointment, this Thursday. I'm thinking of asking him to skip it though, as I think that information is fairly useless. Some women go from not dilated at all to having the baby very quickly, and others stay slightly dilated for weeks. For others, predicting labor based on current dilation might be more accurate. But there's no way of knowing which of those categories I fit into. My mom was told with her 3rd that she could go into labor at any time after about 7 months and my sister showed up 11 day late. I don't want false hope.

I'm pretty sure this monster hasn't dropped yet. I'm finding it harder to breathe as the days go by, not easier, so I'm going to assume dropping has not yet occurred. DH thinks it's just so hilarious when I roll over in bed or just walk to the bathroom and get out of breath :/

I feel ya on the out of breath! I think LO has dropped a little but I tried to walk a mile yesterday (on the reccomendation of the birthing class lady just for general health) and felt like I was going to die!! DH was very concerned I was going to go into labor! It was so ridiculous!

Oddly enough I can breathe best when I'm standing or walking around. Sitting in certain positions and laying down are the hardest on me. Laying on my left side is actually worse than my right! But I think that's because we have an older mattress and with the side that I sleep on, I'm facing "uphill" kind of as I lay on my left side.

I can't really walk anymore either jdub. I feel like an invalid. I have to sit and it hurts my stomach so much. Doc says its just pressure from the weight. I thought for sure I'd be one of those girls who "walked my baby out" but I can't imagine walking enough to get anything going these days. I did do a bunch of very tiny walking spurts last week and wound up doing #2 six times in one day. It was scary!

Same here, just walking around town makes me want to fall over and die. I have been getting BH contractions for the past few hours, if they come back I am going to start timing them. I'm just exhausted lately too, have been sleeping well for the past few nights which is weird considering I haven't sleep well this whole pregnancy.

I hear ya on the walking, even going to the grocery store for 45 minutes feels like a marathon. I'm pretty exhausted, and my hubby says he can't believe how loudly I'm snoring, LOL. I never snored before, so I really hope I stop afterward! I feel like he's super low now, feeling lots of pressure and just noticed some stretch marks at my lower belly, ugh! I'm not due till the 20th though, so still 5 weeks till DD. Can't believe we're all so close now!!

I had contractions on sat night. 2 min apart for 30-45 secs.
They started as just being uncomfortable like baby had got into a funny position. So i walked around for 45 mins. Then i got backache and pain under my bump and my stomach went rock hard. Down the front of my bump went painful and numb and it started coming regularly.
It was not agony but it did make me a bit breathless and sick.
Luckily mine eased off after 3.5 hrs... Kept telling Leo to calm down. Him coming now was not part of the plan! He needed to wait

Oh PB! How many days til your induction? 2? How are you feeling now?

Wow PB and Pixie! So close!

I am with you ladies about being exhausted from short walks! I'm also starting to have what I hope are just BH. My hands and feet look like baloons! Today I get to see my little man again and have another lovely NST. Oh and Friday is my last day of work. :wohoo: On Monday my doctor kept saying how happy he was that we had made it this far without delivering but that it was time for me to slow down. He didn't check to see if I was dilated and I'm not sure if he will check today or not but from what my child birth instructor is saying, I'm kind of glad he hasn't started checking. Apparently it can hurt pretty bad if the baby hasn't dropped yet! EEK!!!

I can't believe how close we all are!

I am not being induced now.. As Leo is still transverse it has to be a c section. He will be here on Friday!

Last night I was having a lot of contractions, they started at 10 mins apart and over an hour and a half they were down to 3-4 mins apart, they just weren't getting much stronger. I was monitored (the babies are both head down now!!!), and given a pelvic exam (which didn't hurt this time, it was only uncomfortable- the lady last time must have pushed the speculum into my cervix because that is what it had felt like, this time it was just discomfort and pressure.) Unfortunately, I was not dilated at all. I was admitted to the hospital for the evening because they wanted me to be there if I went into real labor, DH was sent home for the time being. I continued to have contractions through the night but they slowly grew a bit further apart.
I was monitored again this morning, the babies are still doing wonderfully, and the contractions were still coming consistently (but I had been on the monitors for 2 hours because they were having a difficult time getting a good trace of the boys heart rates). Luckily, they decided to release me anyway. Once I got off the monitors the contractions spaced themselves out again. I think the contractions are still real rather than BH. I've only had a handful since I was discharged this afternoon.

As for how the contractions feel, they start low in my belly, deep in my abdomen like my ovaries are cramping and then the rest of my abdomen tightens as low as it can go and all the way up to under my boobs. They haven't really been painful so far, more than anything they're just uncomfortable and make it difficult for me to breathe. At least I don't think it's the contraction that's painful, but it does feel like the boys feet are up in my ribs and every so many contractions that makes it painful.
They didn't say it, but I think that I'm basically in very early labor and it could be anything from a day to a week for things to really get into gear.

Wow, well good luck!! Glad everyone is keeping the group posted. I don't think I've had any BH, but I do feel like he suddenly is way lower, more pressure down below and feel the pee urge super strongly now all the time, lol.

Oh duh PB! I knew that. BLame Dylan for eating my brain. So 1 more day til your c?!
Saw my doc today. She said Dylan is engaged and she will check my cervix next week. :)
Hope things go nice and smoothly for you pixie!
Last day of work appointments outside of the house today. Hoping for a quiet week or two before LO comes. But of course DH is inviting 4 buddies to come stay the weekend. I hope they aren't too messy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->