Pregnant women who know nothing about pregnancy :|

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
This is probably going to sound quite nasty and bitchy but nevermind..

It really aggrivates me when pregnant women seem to know NOTHING about pregnancy. There's this girl at work who is due 4 weeks after me and she never has a clue about whats happening to her body. Like for example she didn't even know she had to deliver the placenta or that she would bleed for a few weeks after the birth :dohh: This woman is 35 btw so you'd think she'd know simple things like that at her age. Or you'd think she'd be reading up about it. She isn't going to antenatal classes either :( god help her when she goes into labour.

haha, well good luck to her then!

Or there are the ones that have to tell you everything that could possibly go wrong..... that is just as bad or even worse......)))my mum(((((

my goodness!! and 4 weeks ahead of you... she could go any minuite - but how would she know ;)

yup i have a family member who is due 6 weeks after me and hasnt got a clue

though the other day she said on msn convo 'dont you think its weird tht theres something growing inside you?'

so she has a small clue lol

my goodness!! and 4 weeks ahead of you... she could go any minuite - but how would she know ;)

4 weeks after me :rofl: get your reading glasses on!

Anyway, it just worries me b/c if she doesn't know what's normal how will she know if something goes wrong?

Oh this does my head in too!! my old friend thinks that your placenta is always inside you and the baby attaches itself to it??????????????? she did not realise you grow a new one each pregnancy and it and it comes out afterbirth LOL. it amazes me :|

:rofl:Blah sometimes I feel a bit of a "know it all:blush:" coz I've done it before so many times but I don't mean to come across this way:dohh:.

Even on my 1st baby though, I read up lots and yeah knew quite a lot of stuff. Was worried about the 1st bath etc of course but some people :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:.

My cousin freaked when the placenta came out and thought it was a twin:dohh::dohh::dohh:. She also kicked off in hospital coz the midwives wouldn't look after her baby overnight so she could have a good sleep after giving birth:rofl:. Erm...everyone in there "has just given birth":dohh:the midwives aren't bloody babysitters:rofl:. Her little girl is 4 now and I have no idea how the poor kid survived...she looks after her mum half the time and is a million times brighter:rofl:

It makes me angry and sad too actually:hissy::cry:

Oh this does my head in too!! my old friend thinks that your placenta is always inside you and the baby attaches itself to it??????????????? she did not realise you grow a new one each pregnancy and it and it comes out afterbirth LOL. it amazes me :|

:rofl: Did she think Tom Cruise wanted to hack Katie Holmes up to eat hers

:rofl:Blah sometimes I feel a bit of a "know it all:blush:" coz I've done it before so many times but I don't mean to come across this way:dohh:.

Even on my 1st baby though, I read up lots and yeah knew quite a lot of stuff. Was worried about the 1st bath etc of course but some people :hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:.

My cousin freaked when the placenta came out and thought it was a twin:dohh::dohh::dohh:. She also kicked off in hospital coz the midwives wouldn't look after her baby overnight so she could have a good sleep after giving birth:rofl:. Erm...everyone in there "has just given birth":dohh:the midwives aren't bloody babysitters:rofl:. Her little girl is 4 now and I have no idea how the poor kid survived...she looks after her mum half the time and is a million times brighter:rofl:

It makes me angry and sad too actually:hissy::cry:

Of course first time mums don't know EVERYTHING but there's nothing wrong with reading up/ surfing the net, even asking people about things you're unsure of when you're expecting! Educate yourselves @ those women.

:rofl: Did she think Tom Cruise wanted to hack Katie Holmes up to eat hers

:rofl::rofl: oh she used to come out with some beauties :rofl: trying to think of some others that dumfounded me :rofl:

my mum thinks they will still x-ray a pregnant woman! Ultrasound has only been around for 50 years..............and stethoscopes way before that!

Yup, this infuriates me too. And just generally in life when people hold really ignorant views about important issues. I can't understand how a woman would get through her pregnancy these days without doing a smidgen of research into what is going on and what labour will be like etc. Mad.

Okay, so intruding on the pregnancy section :blush: but I know what you mean lol there was this girl who was pregnant when I was, but due two months before me, and she didn't know anything!! When I had my 19 week scan, I posted my status on fb as something like-baby is very low and breech, and she messaged me saying there was no way that she was breech this early because according to her, babies are born breech lol I tried over and over to explain to her that babies can be born breech, but most likely to be born headfirst, and that some women with breech babies have a difficult time delivering... after so many tries, I gave up, and told my sister, (who had had three pregnancies) to explain it to her-she still didnt get it lol now obviously she does, because she has had the baby lol but argh it irritated me that she was trying to tell me she was right... also she had no idea how far she was, what her actual due date was or anything-I was thinking, what the hell goes on at her drs appointments lol... anyway, I am done intruding lol Take care everyone! :hug:

I know someone who, when in labour, told the MWs that the baby was coming out her arse. :rofl: The MW tried explaining that it was medically impossible, but she wouldn't believe them. :dohh:

Sorry i have a different opinion (You know me allways the odd one out lol)

When i was pregnant with Layla , I didnt have a computer .
Was too scared and embaressed to go to ante natal .
every one i know had , had there babies at least 10 years before so not much advice there .

And when i was in labour i did keep saying the baby is comming out my bum , Yes i knew it was impossible .. But have you ever been a crazed hormonal woman in agony ?? . The pain was in my bum .

I had never heard of this injection they stuck in my thigh (Now i know) afterwards to deliver my placenta and was oblivious why she was sticking it in me at the time ! .

Sometimes you want to try be independant and show you know everything , When obviously you dont .

I now have 2 small children and one on the way , And obviously am well awear of what and how painfull the upcomming labour will be .

I just think sometimes , Dont judge some one on what they know . She may feel very silly not knowing and is now worrying herself sensless .

EVery ones different i guess its just my opinion . xxxxxx .

I knew the basics before being pregnant. Especially about the placenta.Even my OH knows that!

Although MM does have a point, I would like to add that a computer and/or internet connection is not the only way to find out what is going on or what to expect. Although I really value this site and have got a lot of support and reassurance here, most of my knowledge so far has come from a really comprehensive book I bought right at the start and the magazines I've been reading. Then there is all the information given by my MW, both verbal and written.

This is my 4th pregnancy but my 1st with the Internet at my side,
With my first as soon as i got that BFP i read and re read everything i could get my hands on....i hated the idea of my body doing all this stuff and me not knowing exactly what was going on...

...now like some of you others have said i can come across as a know all and i really dont mean to...its just that i love learning about what my body's doing and what im up against xxxx

Although MM does have a point, I would like to add that a computer and/or internet connection is not the only way to find out what is going on or what to expect. Although I really value this site and have got a lot of support and reassurance here, most of my knowledge so far has come from a really comprehensive book I bought right at the start and the magazines I've been reading. Then there is all the information given by my MW, both verbal and written.

I agree. Dunno how anyone can have such a big change going on inside them and not know anything about it or care to find out :dohh: baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->