Pregnant women

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Why do pregnant women have to walk around adsa rubbing their bump's.

As if its not obviouse enough that they are pregnant they have to walk around, drawing even more attention to the fact they are pregnant

I do this! lol, Because maybe its kicking around making a fuss and rubbing it helps sooth and shut the baby up from wriggling, or maybe they are still over the moon they r pregnant & its automatic response to touch it & they don't think people will be watching what they are up too?

u know what hun - someone somewhere will be saying the same thing about u one day while ur out shopping rubbing ur huge bump! :hugs: It'll happen soon xx

I used to do it when I was pregnant, at first because I really just looked like I had gained weight :blush:.. but then because I was trying to feel kicks..

I do as it's a natural response to me. I would never stop doing it, if someone said this to me I'm afraid I'd say if you don't like me doing it look away!

also because I'm very overweight I like people to know I'm not just more fat but I have a bump too :blush:

I used to do it so everyone could tell I was pregnant and not just fat :D

well there most ceriantly not doing it to let you know that there pregnant and your not!
its just a natural thing i rub my bump all the time even walking around the house on my own, i dont do it so people know im pregnant or to draw attention to it you do it just because, well i dont know why you just do! also i find that having my hands on my bump if im in public kinda makes me feel safer. you'll be doing it one day dont worry, but i have to agree with embo if somone asked me why i was doing it i'd just tell them if they didnt like it dont look :)

Righto! I pet mine to bond further with my little girl. :) And I'm plump so people know it's not just fat down there. LOL

Hon, when the time is right, you will have your own bump. *hug*

i do it so my hand is near bump incase someone decides to ram their trolley/bag/self/basket into me, its a protection thing!
Plus the fact my bump aches sometimes when im walking so i rub it to ease the pain!

but i understand what your saying.... when i was ttc there seemed to be pregnant people rubbing bumps everywhere!!!!!!

lol

xxxxxxxxx

:hugs: i used to do this without even realising hon, it would natter away to her too rubbing her, sending lots of these sweetie :hugs: xxxx

when i was wuite heavily pregnant my belly would ache when i walked around for long as its bloody heavy i would either rub it or have my hand at the bottom as is i was trying to take the weight LOLL.
i didnt think i would be one to touch bump all the time but its there and you can feel it you do it without even thinking about it

Lou
xxx

I definitely feel a bit jealous when I see pregnant women rubbing their bellies. Not because I think they're rubbing it in my face, but because I imagine it's all part of the special bonding with their child and I can't wait for my turn!

I actually love seeing it as I imagine I will be doing the same one day and that makes me happy. It does seem to be one of those things pregnant women can control. - it's not really any different to them hugging and kissing and showing off their babies once they've arrived. I think we have to accept that there are pregnant women and people with babies and at the moment we're just not one of them, but we will join them one day!

I know you are feeling down lovie, but seriously honey, you will get to be there one day

I hope you take this with the love and kindness it was meant with :)
:hug: xxxx

I know they are not doing it on purpose to "rub it in" but literaly down every isle there was a pregnant woman rubbing her bump, i couldent escape!

I still do it automaticly and my baby is 10wks :blush:

i can't wait to rub my own bump! i do get where you're coming from - i have to admit to a small twinge of jealousy when i see someone doing it, but mostly it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling imagining what it will be like.....

you'll get there too when the time is right x

I used to do it all of the time and not even realise.

:hugs: x

I know what you mean I seem to spot at least a dozen prego ladies when we go shopping. I get a funny feeling in my belly and everything. I know they can't help rubbing it but I'm jealous.

Here's hoping we're in that place some day too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->