Prenatal blood screening-I've become paranoid lol

laila 44

Reaction score
This is so silly to even write but I gotta get it out. So I went for my prenatal blood tests this past Monday and I was a crazy wreck thinking they would find something wrong with me! Absolutely no reason to think this other than being a hypochondriac. Dh thinks I've lost the plot. So I got results back yesterday and aside from some minor "pending" ones such as varicella immunity, parvovirus etc all the crazy stuff came back negative/fine. So I'm relieved of course I just don't know why I got so paranoid all of a sudden. I go for regular CBC blood tests yearly just don't know what the heck got me so wired all the what-ifs! Anyway I'm so relieved ... No point in this thread just wondering if there's anyone else out there whose a hypochondriac like me and worry about even the impossible:dohh:

Yes - me. Just posted about my panic. Never been anxious before. I always try to reassure myself logically but it doesnt always last! I don't know all the things they test for but if any result is a problem they can usually do something to help so it doesnt affect baby. Sorry i cant be more helpXxx

Psh, girl. I was a wreck waiting for the results and I have no idea why. Everything came back normal, except that for some reason my MMR vaccine wore off. I guess that just happens to some people. So now I have to get that shot after I give birth and stay away from people who have German measles. And I'm freaked out about that. And nobody I know has ever gotten German measles. So no, you are not alone. :hugs:

So scary isn't it? I had to get a hard copy of my results to be extra sure that everything was negative/ fine. They test for every std imaginable including HIV, syphallis, hepetitis B and C and complete CBC blood count hemoglobin etc as well as my Dr also does an anemia profile. They also test for immunity in regards to varicella, rubella, toxoplasmosis, parvovirus etc. After this complete blood panel there isn't much else to test for lol. It just scared the shit out of me worrying they would find something wrong and baby would be at risk...thank goodness it's all good xx

So scary isn't it? I had to get a hard copy of my results to be extra sure that everything was negative/ fine. They test for every std imaginable including HIV, syphallis, hepetitis B and C and complete CBC blood count hemoglobin etc as well as my Dr also does an anemia profile. They also test for immunity in regards to varicella, rubella, toxoplasmosis, parvovirus etc. After this complete blood panel there isn't much else to test for lol. It just scared the shit out of me worrying they would find something wrong and baby would be at risk...thank goodness it's all good xx

So I had a complete panel blood test that came back as negative for everything. Every syndrome that they could test for, they did test for. And then I had another round for something (I forget what) that was part of the routine blood test that they do for everyone and I was panicking that it would come back positive. Even though the first blood test for the exact same thing already came back negative. Oh well lol :)

After I got the Harmony test results (baby is fine) I started to read about every condition in the book, genetic or otherwise. I started to get super paranoid and regretted my decision not to have screening done for cystic fibrosis. After the 20 week ultrasound I started to relax, because at this point what's done is done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->