Prescription drugs.

K

katekatekate

My doctor gave me co-codamol for my back pain. I'm 27 weeks. I had no idea you could take medication whilst being pregnant. I'm still abit reluctant to take them even though my dr has been perfectly lovely and competent.
Does anyone else take anything like this? x

i haven't actually taken a prescription narcotic medicine, however, my doctor did prescribe me vicodin. i told him i wasn't comfortable taking it but he gave it to me 'just in case' i couldn't stand the pain of my carpal tunnel.

Yeah I dont feel right either. Although I dont see why he'd prescribe them if he thought I shouldnt have them.
I'm only going to use them if I am in complete agony... maybe. =/

I took co-codamol while pregnant because i suffered really bad back pain from around 20 weeks, they say you are ok to take them but they told me if i was taking them everyday every 4-6 hours like you can then theres a chance baby can get withdrawal symptoms when there born but this is only if your taking them really regular

Co-codamol only has a tiny amount of codeine in it along with paracetamol. If the doctor has prescribed it, you are in pain and it's only short term I would take. The worst thing that can happen is you will end up constipated.

The Dr wouldn't prescribe something that would harm you or your baby !!!

im on co dydramol. Its fine to take, They wouldnt risk giving you it if it was harmful.

As said above if its only being used occasionally its ok - its only problem is when people become addicted to the codeine and start abusing it and so the baby is born with withdrawl symptoms. I've just been told not to use it regularly close to the birth. But i only use it on occassion just now anyway. x

With co-codomel the usual % of drugs is something like 30mg if codiene and 500mg of paracetemol.

When pregnant they should give you some with a much lower % of codiene. The ones I take only have 7mg of codiene.

If the doc has prescribed them they should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->