PreSeed Club: We finally did it! 50th BFP announced :)

Congrats little nibble!!!
Sorry that you can't get the answers you need Joycie!! Fx'd for you. Have you shown your charts to your dr? You can tell if you have low progesterone by your temps. Just a thought.

Hiya,
Nah, don't need to show him my charts my low progesterone was picked up by blood tests. It's just i need a scan to tell if my low progesterone is a follicular problem or a corpus luteum problem, they require different types of treatment.

Morning again,

Just been to the doctors and thought i'd update. Basically my doctor completely disagrees with the whole 'no treatment with a BMI over 30' thing. He said it used to be a guideline, now they're brining it in as a rule. So he's going to refer me with a cover letter explaining about how long we've been trying and that i've been big all my life and it's not plausible for me to get down to a BMI of 30, especially seeing as that i already do eat a healthy balanced diet (due to DHs heart condition) but that i am trying to lose a bit of weight. He also told me that if this gets knocked back we can fight it, and if it gets knocked back again i should consider going to a politician about it. As he thinks it's apalling that somebody as young as me, whose been TTC for their first child for over a year, with only one ovary should be knocked back for my weight, especially seeing as i come from a large family and have been big all my life!!

One other thing i did pick up on during the time he was dictating all his technical jargon into his machine "patient has serial low progesterone, indicative of annovulatory cycles . ." but i DO ovulate, and if he'd been paying attention to me during my other visits he's know that! I didn't argue with him though, just in case this was all helping go towards getting my case referred.

So we'll see what this all brings about.

Hi Joycie. That is excellent news. He sounds like a champ! Re what he said about your low progesterone, don't worry. He will have his reasons for saying it - and who cares so long as you get that referral!!!!! Did he tell you how long you'd likely have to wait?

Hi All!

How was everyones Thanksgiving? I hope amazing! Just wanted to check in and say HI!
Joycie - thats great news babe!

Thanks,

I don't know how long the referral will take, if i'm honest i'm not too bothered, just the knowledge that the wheels have been set in motion is enough for me at the moment.

Joycie ~ I'm so happy that things are starting for you. Working in L&D and the NICU I see mom's of every size and it shouldn't make a difference if you are healthy overall. As you say, your size is always going to be there. I bet your cholesterol is 10x better than someone with a BMI under 30. It seems a ridiculous rule to not help a couple realize their dream of becoming parents. I hope you get your referral and the medical people realize that size doesn't matter!!! FX'd for you!

I bet your cholesterol is 10x better than someone with a BMI under 30. It seems a ridiculous rule to not help a couple realize their dream of becoming parents. I hope you get your referral and the medical people realize that size doesn't matter!!! FX'd for you!

Thanks hun, yeah i used an example to the doctors that when i worked on the other side of town i used to cycle 2 miles to work every morning and evening no problem, one girl i worked with, skinny little thing, cycled into work one morning from just 10 minutes down the road and had to have a 5 minute sit down before she started work to recover.
Just because i'm big doesn't mean i'm unhealthy.

I completely get it. I remember when I was in the Army (18 years old) there was a girl who was a little bigger and they kept putting her into the "overweight" group (which I was in) even though she could run circles around me and lots of the group. I was considered overweight by their standards at 5ft. 9.5 inches 155 pounds. They made me run 6x a week which everyone else just did 4 runs a week. I looked pretty good after that, but it was a VERY unrealistic weight. Now I'm 5 foot 9 and 180 pounds. My family history is not good though with both parents on Blood pressure meds and both with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Both parents struggle with their weight, as I do. Anyway, all my rambling = lots of support for you!! Wishing you the best!!!

so sorry AF got you MAY....:hugs:

Joycie ~ thats great news, i'm glad your dr. didnt give up on you and is advocating for you guys.:happydance: Hopefully you will have some answers soon.

AFM ~ 1dpo. in the wait. :coffee:

AFM: 4dpo...i feel like a cow today, I'm so bloated! I am gassy and have AF like back cramps. I keep getting weird little pains in my abdomen as well. Could any of this be from the clomid? Did anyone have symptoms like this around this time and got a :bfp:?

I dunno but I experienced those same cramps and backaches a few days ago at 3DPO

Got great news today! My DH got the results from his semen analysis and all of the numbers are good! Such a relief. He broke down to me last night and told me how worried he actually was. I am so happy we now know he is ok and can move forward. We start BD tomorrow. I should ovulate in 2 days! Here we go again, but this time with more knowledge and calmer minds :) Baby dust to all!

Got great news today! My DH got the results from his semen analysis and all of the numbers are good! Such a relief. He broke down to me last night and told me how worried he actually was. I am so happy we now know he is ok and can move forward. We start BD tomorrow. I should ovulate in 2 days! Here we go again, but this time with more knowledge and calmer minds :) Baby dust to all!

great news!!! so happy for you! i'm sure its SUCH a relief for DH, too! :happydance:

I just started charting my bbt this cycle and I'm a little lost. So I just took my temp and out of curiosity I tried it a second time (right after) and got a different temp so I did it one more time and got another different temp. So which one is right?

I just started charting my bbt this cycle and I'm a little lost. So I just took my temp and out of curiosity I tried it a second time (right after) and got a different temp so I did it one more time and got another different temp. So which one is right?

I would just keep the first one if that was the same time you take it everyday ... consistency is key.

The first one! Your temp starts going up from the moment you wake up and your body becomes active. This is why they say to take your temp as soon as you wake up, before doing anything (even shaking a mercury themometer can make your temp shoot up) so yup, record the first result

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->