Present for parents?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Me and OH want to get a really nice thank you gift(s) for my parents but we're totally stumped as to what. They've let us live with them for a year and now we're leaving and so want to do something as a thank you gesture. They don't like chocolate or wine which are the obvious choices. Ideas?

Something for the house or garden?
I think bay trees and small fruit trees (eg cherry) in big pots make lovely gifts.
Xx

I think bay trees and small fruit trees (eg cherry) in big pots make lovely gifts.
Xx

I was thinking the same but I bought my mum a lemon tree for her birthday and despite her best efforts it's now dead! I am currently browsing for garden gifts just not sure what's right!

could you find something like a custom made bench that you get their names put on..........and they can keep in the garden?
Or use pictures that you have of you and them and make a collage out of them.

Maybe a gift certificate to a nice restaurant?

Xx

I was thinking the same but I bought my mum a lemon tree for her birthday and despite her best efforts it's now dead! I am currently browsing for garden gifts just not sure what's right!

Oh whoops, I don't think citrus are the easiest to keep...
Xc

What's the budget?

Pamper day?
My Dad likes Whiskey so for his 50th, my Sister & I got him a personalised bottle, is something like that an option?
Yankee Candle?
Rose bush? Find one with a meaningful name?

I got my mum/sisters a bunch of flowers and wrote out a big long message of thanks in a card when I moved out.
I was skint though, if it were now I'd probably have taken them out for a nice meal.

I'd probably get them a certificate/experience day..

I recently got my room mate a comedy night, my other half a driving experience.

You can get nights away at hotels, or romantic meals... :) Virgin Experiences are very good x

I would get them a voucher to their favourite restaurant, or cinema, afternoon tea, something to that affect.

I woud get something sentimental. Something they could keep like i picture or something for garden

could you find something like a custom made bench that you get their names put on..........and they can keep in the garden?
Or use pictures that you have of you and them and make a collage out of them.

I like the picture idea too. My in-laws absolutely love pictures of the family more than anything else we come up with. Their favorites are when we all go together as a family, everyone, and get a large family shot done. Could you do something like that, arrange for everyone to go in for a family portrait day?

I think gift certificates to a nice restaurant, or a night out somewhere they enjoy are good ideas too.

Thanks guys. They're so hard to buy for! Experience days they wouldn't do as nothing, literally nothing, appeals to them Got my mum a spa day a few years ago and it wasn't worth it. They also wouldn't go on a mini break, it'd be too much stress. Photo-everything has been done to death though you're right they do love stuff like that. I did consider a big portrait and canvas type thing but they don't have the space. I think we might take them out for a meal, so thanks to whoever suggested that!

Do they have any hobbies? Something like a magazine subscription might be nice as they will think of you every time they get the magazine(s). Or similarily one of those subscriptions where you get different special chocolates/cooking ingredients/seeds for the garden/whatever they are interested in once a month.

Is there any stories of special places/things they used to do/have when they were younger that they may have mentioned before? I think something really meaningful is always the best type of gift even if it's a soppy letter of thanks :haha: xx

A little something like this? Use words to describe your parents and frame it. :) https://assets3.notonthehighstreet.com/system/product_images/images/000/548/638/normal_XMS11-127-b.jpg?1320686542

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->