Pretty nappy support group :) (Previously: Has anyone tried these nappies?)

I'm waiting on my friend buying me the denim one :sulk: I want it now!!!!! I hope it doesn't wick some of rosalies have started to and im not best pleased.

May have to start giving her less juice :haha:

The nappy is wet ont the outside but not that wet inside?

oh no :( why did i look in this thread........ i would like you to know i get paid on friday and my bank is going to not like you very much..... but i have to have that jeans hungy caterpillar nappy!!!!

Hehehe!!!

Strawberry I might sell my VHC one if you're interested?

X x x

ooohh yeah id be interested let me know......

i just put a thread up about etsy nappies but should of just looked in here in the first place... :lol:

I'll look at your other thread. Will pm you later xx

Think of wicking like in terms of candles - the flame moves down the candle wick ;) In terms of fabric/nappies, wicking is when wetness moves from the inside of the nappy, to the outside, either because of compression, or the outer fabric being tucked under, etc etc. It tends to be in cotton-outer nappies, things like Issy Bear Day Babies. Basically, somehow the moisture gets past the waterproof layer, and it ends up spreading across the outer fabric. Sometimes it can happen with vests and trousers too, wetness can wick onto them as well.

Think of wicking like in terms of candles - the flame moves down the candle wick ;) In terms of fabric/nappies, wicking is when wetness moves from the inside of the nappy, to the outside, either because of compression, or the outer fabric being tucked under, etc etc. It tends to be in cotton-outer nappies, things like Issy Bear Day Babies. Basically, somehow the moisture gets past the waterproof layer, and it ends up spreading across the outer fabric. Sometimes it can happen with vests and trousers too, wetness can wick onto them as well.

How does the wet get through the PUL though? I sold our Mini Lala's because they kept doing this :(

I can't decide if this is the *best* thread ever...or the worst......
:rofl:

It's the best thread.

The wicking gets through, because the cotton is absorbant and it is next to the inner around the leg. The waterproof PUL is in the middle, but because they meet at the edge around the legs, it seeps into it basically.

with a PUL outer it won't soak up the pee like cotton does, otherwise they would be the same.

Does that make ANY sense at all?!?!

x x x

Oh I see. So it doesn't like, magically morph through the PUL (yes- that is what I was imagining). It comes from the sides?

Yeh it just comes through where the fleece inner meets the cotton outer at the legs. No it doesn't magically morph through :haha:

X x x

Omg how freakin cute is your new Avvie!!! :cloud9:

X x x

SBB I was just thinking that about flubdubs new avatar!!!! So freekin cute :)

I am just gonna pre-order my Green Carbon Wrap. What print did you go for SBB? I'm gonna go for the giraffe one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->