Pretty sure I'm behind on my dates. 5 week scan info?

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hey ladies. Was looking over my calender this morning and I'm pretty sure I ovulated on cd 19 instead of 14 which puts me at 5 weeks today. Although I did get a 3+ on a digi the day before yesterday. So now my question is if I'm only 5 weeks and I have an ultrasound at 5+1 or 5+2 what will I see?
Just a sac I'm guessing.

Basically, yes. The fetal pole doesn't develop until 6 weeks usually, so at 5 weeks I'd expect you see no more than just a gestational sac. In fact, if you're off by a few days and are only 4 weeks something you may not even see that and only see thickened lining.

Do you have a scan booked already? It really is very very early on for a scan. I know my midwife unit prefer not to do any scans at all before 8 weeks.

I have to have one ASAP by doctors orders due to cramping off to one side and some spotting yesterday. I'd be no less then 5 weeks today but probably a bit more then that.

you would expect to see a gestational sac but that is probably all. From what I have read different pregnancies develop a little differently so as long as what you do see looks good I wouldn't worry about it. Do not expect to see a fetal pole or a heartbeat...it's just too early. Also, the pregnancy test is estimating how pregnant you are based on how high your HCG level is. HCG levels vary widely in each pregnancy and each woman so you may be 5 weeks pregnant with high levels. Good luck for a happy, healthy pregnancy!

I got my bfp on Sept 9 and went in Sept 16 for my first ultrasound. I had no idea how far along I was as my lmp was August 4 but I ovulate anywhere from cd 14 to cd20. My first ultrasound all we saw was a gestational sac and was estimated 4 weeks, second ultrasound I saw a yolk sac also and was 5 weeks and third one we saw the heartbeat at exactly 6 weeks. You should definitely see a gestational sac and may or may not see a yolk sac yet. I have also been spotting red for 2 weeks now without cramping and everything still looks ok. Good luck! Keep us updated

If your HCG is around 1500 you should be able to see the gestational sac, but they would have to be much higher to see a baby/HB. If you're 5w+ you might also see the yolk/pole. Good luck! xo

hmmm, I think that in general as HCG goes up there is more development but there is also just a minimum amount of time you have to wait to see certain structures, like the fetal pole. If your HCG is running high it doesn't necessarily mean that you will see things any sooner.

5 weeks 3 days when I had a scan we seen gestation sac, yolk sac and the beginnings of a fetal pole. :)

hmmm, I think that in general as HCG goes up there is more development but there is also just a minimum amount of time you have to wait to see certain structures, like the fetal pole. If your HCG is running high it doesn't necessarily mean that you will see things any sooner.

Yes but generally (approx) 1500 is the point at which you have a good chance of seeing the sac which the OP asked about. I you have fast-rising HCG it doesn't mean your baby is developing faster, but above 1500 is often a point where docs will scan because there is a good chance the sac will be seen.

In my previous pregnancy I had an early scan and it turned out I was only 5+2 weeks. All that could be seen was a yolk and gestational sac. There was no foetal pole at that stage for me. I was asked to return two weeks later where I saw my little bean and the flickering of the foetal pole.

I had scan at 5 weeks I saw two sacs with yolks in them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"