Previous contraception & now TTC

Pearl

Reaction score
Another question...

If someone was on the pill prior to TTC would it affect their chances of getting pregnant sooner ?

If someone was only using condoms would their chances of getting pregnant quicker be higher than those who were on the pill ?

TIA :)

It could affect ones chances since the pill effects/changes a womans hormones and once she stops taking the pill, her body has to re-adjust without them. I was told that it can take up to 3 months for your body to completely get ride of the bc hormones. And who knows, it can take some women longer! If you are just using condoms than your body has not been effected. BUT it is all individualistic. <~~ don't you just LOVE THAT!!

My friend who just found out she is 2 months preggo stopped bc and got preg that very month she stopped. My nephew was conceived the same way!

I on the other hand have stopped bc over a year ago, not using any projection for over 7-8 months, and nothing...:sulk:

My mums friend got pregnant the month after she stopped talking the pill. If affects everyone differently I think, although I'm not an expert.

i was on bcp for 7 yrs stopped then got caught on my second month ttc

It really depends on the person I believe. Some women get PG immediately after coming off of the pill while it takes others a few months to get the hormones out of their system before they start ovulating again

It does depend on who you are - but my dr advised me to come off the pill a few months before we wanted to start TTC just to get it out of my body. I would judge it by when AF arrives - if the horrid witch is irregular and usually you're regular, than that's a sign the pill isn't out your system yet. Once AF starts regulating, your body's back to normal. It's strange cos all the people I know have been advised by their drs to 'get the pill out of their system' b4 even thinking about TTC but I can't see anyone on here saying this.

I was wondering the exact same thing, so I asked a couple of OB/GYNs their advice. They said that it may take some women 3+ months to get back to regular after coming off of BC but that THAT is the only reason they recommend waiting (because when you finally get regular, you are better able to calculate your most fertile days).

My OB/GYN told me (and this makes sense) that BC pill hormones completely leave your system in 24-36 hours, which is why you take the pill daily, because the hormones begin to leave.

I was wondering the exact same thing, so I asked a couple of OB/GYNs their advice. They said that it may take some women 3+ months to get back to regular after coming off of BC but that THAT is the only reason they recommend waiting (because when you finally get regular, you are better able to calculate your most fertile days).

My OB/GYN told me (and this makes sense) that BC pill hormones completely leave your system in 24-36 hours, which is why you take the pill daily, because the hormones begin to leave.

Yep, that makes sense!

I came off bc pill frst time after 10 yrs and fell pg straight away, second time came off after 12 months and fell pg straight away, third time wasn' t using bc pill and just fell pg by accident (even tho OH thinks I did it on purpose!)

Everyone is different tho.

Good luck ttc, wishing you a speedy BFP

Thanks all ... so if someone used condoms, would it effectively just be how your body works, i.e. nothing affecting TTC and however long you try its just the 'chances' ? and would it possibly be quicker (having used condoms) as the body doesn't need to readjust as it would if you was on the pill ? In other words are u more fertile as such or ..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->