Primary School Kids on Facebook...

I dont really see the point tbh i grew up without the internet and managed to make friendships at new schools etc

I'd much rather my kids be outside playing than sat looking at a screen playing games.

Facebook is for adults and thats the way it should be. I think facebook should put the age up to 18 personally some of the things on there are not suitable for kids!

On a similar topic, I can never understand why parents at school make friends' requests to the teacher! Of course we are not going to accept them!!!

I dont really see the point tbh i grew up without the internet and managed to make friendships at new schools etc

I'd much rather my kids be outside playing than sat looking at a screen playing games.

Facebook is for adults and thats the way it should be. I think facebook should put the age up to 18 personally some of the things on there are not suitable for kids!

Have to agree with everything you say actually. I suspect though that most kids aren't out but sat in on the internet or watching telly especially at 12/13/14, so there would be very few people to knock about outside with nowadays (sounds like me Nan!).

On a similar topic, I can never understand why parents at school make friends' requests to the teacher! Of course we are not going to accept them!!!

It's weird that, like cyber brown-nosing. I'd hate it if i were a teacher, i'd dread parents trying to befriend me and me not responding how they would want haha.

My son's teacher is pregnant and excitedly mentioned us being bump buddies and wants to go out for lunch - i guess it's not too bad if she suggested it and we'll do it over the Summer Hols before we both give birth in Sept/Oct by which time my son will have moved up to another class. I personally feel uncomfortable mixing school with personal life too so i know what you mean.

It's weird that, like cyber brown-nosing. I'd hate it if i were a teacher, i'd dread parents trying to befriend me and me not responding how they would want haha.

My son's teacher is pregnant and excitedly mentioned us being bump buddies and wants to go out for lunch - i guess it's not too bad if she suggested it and we'll do it over the Summer Hols before we both give birth in Sept/Oct by which time my son will have moved up to another class. I personally feel uncomfortable mixing school with personal life too so i know what you mean.

I keep the two very separate! Life is just easier that way!!!

I work with teenagers & keep them updated about events on FB - I've set up a 'professional' account so that I can have a FB life too! Now howver lots of the pre-teens I also work with are friends with the teens & are also on FB - having lied about their age, they come to the same events as the teens but I haven't decided what to do about accepting their friend requests!?

My DH reports anyone he sees on facebook that is underage even his niece and nephew!

my ex's 7 year old sister was on fb, i did not add her because i didn't agree with it. it violates the TOS but i also don't see the point, at that age kids see their friends all day long 5 days a week at school, what more is there to talk about?

my daughter will not be allowed it until she turns 16... no matter what ''all her friends have'' of how ''unfair'' i am seen to be being!!

My cousin is 11 & on there, IMO I wouldn't let mine at that age, but thats just me.

My brother is 10 and doesn't have facebook, but he does browse through youtube which worries me more tbh.

xxx

I supposed there isnt much difference between them being on FB or having a mobile phone :shrug: The way these kids talk to and about each other these days, some of the groups they join and some of the things posted make me annoyed. :nope:. The profile pics consist of girls with their cleavage on show, short skirts/dresses, high heels, tons of make up looking a lot older than they are.
But maybe with a little supervision or a lot we could let them. With access to their accounts and supervising on a daily basis I dont see why not.

I really dont want my children to be like some of those on my FB, they are talking about sex and joining groups about sex too. Im just not comfortable with them being able to have free rein on there. None of the youngsters on my FB have parental control on their accounts and they should.

I think i would let kyle have one if he asked when he starts secondary school, but then i would set up the account to an Email only i have acess to so i would not have to worry about changing passwords and i would be able to see via the emails what exactly is going on.. Id worry much more about him being on youtube in a sence than FB.. FB more for pervs and pedo's... Youtube for the down right rude stuff thats on there

My son has a facebook page, he used to go on it to play games only. I monitor it, accept any friends etc (which are all family) we use it to play games, to keep in touch with family that lives really far etc. He doesnt go on it at all anymore but I dont think theres anything wrong with it. He isnt allowed friends etc on it yet but to post pictures etc for family to see is fine. And having a cellphone is a totally different thing imo.

I don't agree with it. When I was a young kid in primary school I didn't even have a phone. Social networking is just not necessary at that age, it opens up so many dangers. Plus i'd hate for my (future) children to develop a relationship with the likes of FB and what not, so i'll certainly not be encouraging it. I'll probably keep my (future) kids off the internet until they're at least 12/13 to be honest. I think the world revolves too much around the internet these days ( :rofl: says she who is sat on BnB everyday!)

Plus have you seen the kind of things that they do on there? Its just daft "inbox me"...."rate me"......"single, any offers?" ugh, no!

Plus, the age of 13 on FB is there for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->