Private scans

Impy

Reaction score
Has anyone had, or is due to have, a private scan before their 12 week scan? How did you find out how to get one, how much did it cost and did you think it was worth having. I have heard of people having them at 8 weeks, is that the best time so that you can actually see something?
Thanks

I had a private scan at 8 weeks was well worth the money i payed £90
If you google private scan and your area it will give you all private scan places :)

I had one at 9 weeks. and cost (95) had another at 12 weeks aswell. and going for a gender scan later today.. they are defo worth the money..and yes you will be able to see your baby in detail.. unlike the nhs who seem to rush and you cant make head or tail of what they are showing you
if you type in google private scans in your area then something should come up.. price ranges depend on the area you are in
x

I had a dating scan at 8 weeks it was lovely far better than nhs and it cost £85

i set up a poll on this last week

I am booked in to have mine at 8 weeks next week
Private hospital in Sheffield - £100
I just can't wait and need the reassurance
xx

I have just found out that in my area (Taunton Deane), unless there are problems, the dating scan is at 16 weeks, and I can't wait for another 10 weeks so I am going to have a private one in a couple of weeks' time. It will be £95.

I KNOW FOR A PRIVATE 4D SCAN TO DETERMINE THE SEX IS BEST DONE BETWEEN 24-28WEEKS,A MIDWIFE TOLD ME,I HAVE SOME TIME TO GO UNTIL THEN!! JUST 12WEEKS+2 AT THE MIN!!:cry:

I had heard 8 weeks is the best time, as your risk of mc becomes less after 8 weeks I think.

I'm defiantly looking in to one i've found one locally for £60/£65.
It does seem the 8 week mark is the most popular time to get a private scan done. x

I KNOW FOR A PRIVATE 4D SCAN TO DETERMINE THE SEX IS BEST DONE BETWEEN 24-28WEEKS,A MIDWIFE TOLD ME,I HAVE SOME TIME TO GO UNTIL THEN!! JUST 12WEEKS+2 AT THE MIN!!:cry:

Hi BabyCarey

Gender scans can be carried out from 17 weeks by private companies if that helps you

:hugs:

I have just looked and I can get one done near by me for £85 from 6 weeks. :happydance:

quick question ... if you have a private scan done, say at 8 weeks - will the nhs still do you a scan at 12 weeks ... or will they not do one then

what i mean is are the private scans in addition to the nhs ones ?

I hope so. I have booked one next week for peace of mind, but are the 12 week ones to do specific tests?

yeah you still get the nhs one if you have a private one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->