Progesterone Cream now or wait for prog test?

I

Indigo77

I am pretty sure I have a progesterone deficiency/ estrogen dominance.
I am also pretty sure I had a CP/EM last cycle.

I am 1 DPO and want to use the cream (until menses or thru BFP) in order to attempt to safeguard against an EM.

My OH does not want me to mess w/ progesterone until I see my GP and he scheduled an appt for me 7DPO.

I would like to take the progesterone cream now, and wait to get tested next cycle. We won't be TTC next cycle anyway because he will be abroad.

What do you all think?

Hi Indigo77. I went for my blood test & I asked the technician what she's testing for & she said progesterone levels. I was put on progesterone suppositories & was strongly recommended to use them right after I ovulated as starting them in ur 2nd ww, wouldn't have as much effect.

I would see your dr before taking the progesterone (cream).

Good luck!

I am desperately seeking advice regarding Progesterone Cream.

I am considering starting it- I have irregular cycles and the cream is said to regular the cycles and help build up the lining of the uterus and prevent MC (I had a MC last March after my first BFP in 4 years of TTC).

Has anyone had success with the Progesterone Cream? What is your advice on using it/not using it?

Also, I am trying to get all of the "timing" suggestions down for using it...The bottle I have says to use from the 12th-26th day of your cycle...but since I have irregular cycles are the instructions the same for me?? Help! LOL:wacko:

I just answered a post about this in another forum; here's my feeling...

You are probably right about your self-diagnosis; from the posts I have read from you, you seem to be a very well thought out woman, who does her fair share of research before considering things, lol!

With that said, if you have the means to see a doctor for testing, I would do so first. I think women know their own bodies very well, but there are so many OTCs available for TTC/hormones, that they could have the potential to provide false hope if used incorrectly or for the wrong reasons.

I am also very sorry for your CP; I too have a problem with making things stick; it also doesn't help that I hate going to the doctor! Lol.:hugs:

Thanks so much for replying and offering the advice. I too have a super fear of Drs, but it just goes with life that I am finally to the point where I'll go to as many Drs as I have to...and now I can't.

I don't have any resources or a way to get the testing done, so I guess I will just wait. I am a very "careful" person and wouldn't want to start something that will make things worse instead of better- but it's so frustrating.

My DH has been out of work for 8 months and I feel like I'm just sitting on my hands here with no hope or help TTC.

Thanks again for your input.:winkwink:

The only problem I see is if you miscalculate when you O'd.
If you are wrong about the date and use the cream too soon it could be a problem(at least that is what I have always been told/read). I'm not overly familiar with the cream but I take Progesterone and Prometrium the day after IUI/ovulation.

If you can't go to a Dr. for bloodwork to check your progesterone levels and confirm O,
I would wait 3-4 days after suspected O to be safe and then start using it. It would still be before implantation and would give it a few days to help the lining.

Cui,

Thanks for the advice...I am thinking that this is what I am going to do. Since I do have trouble comfirming "O",I'm going to wait and track another month's cycle to make sure I've got it right before I start the cream. Thanks again!:thumbup:

I'd wait for the test, unless you are 90% sure that you have progesterone deficiency, I'd hate you to spoil your own chances by fiddling with something that might not actually be broken in the first place Lyvid....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->