Progesterone drop! Can't do this again!

vv15629

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My Wife and I have been TTC for about 9 months. She had a miscarriage around 5 weeks back in October, did not need a DNC. Luckily we got a positive test this month and she had no bleeding this time so everything was looking great. She got her first round of blood work done last week, they said shes about 4-5 weeks along, HCG levels looked solid but progesterone levels were a little low at 14. They sent her for another round of blood work to see if progesterone levels would rise. Second round of results showed her HCG levels doubled which is great but progesterone levels actually dropped some. Doc is putting her on Progesterone supplements today as they think she may have a deficiency.

Of course we're super worried again about having a second miscarriage. The doc didnt seem super concerned at the moment but I wouldnt expect them show any type of emotion one way or the other at this point. Anyone have any success stories dealing with low progesterone????

Just an update she's now on 100mg (3x daily) of prometrium pills,

My progesterone with this pregnancy was very low at 1.6. I was on 200 mg twice a day until 9 weeks and obviously it was a successful pregnancy.

My progesterone with this pregnancy was very low at 1.6. I was on 200 mg twice a day until 9 weeks and obviously it was a successful pregnancy.

Oh wow thats crazy and certainly awesome! Congrats! How far along were your when your progesterone tested at just 1.6?

Oh wow thats crazy and certainly awesome! Congrats! How far along were your when your progesterone tested at just 1.6?

I was 14 dpo at the time so 4 weeks. A week later my p was right around 20. So it wad a significant improvement in only a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->