Progesterone Suppositories

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bklove, Apr 5, 2009.

1. bklove

bklove We got married 4/07

Is anyone else on Progesterone Suppositories? and have you had any side effects and success? I just started 200mg 3x's a day (which i've been taking about 2x's a day) and I started having some brown creamy discharge and some blood when I wiped (had to go to ER last night as a result; so far ok) but I think its related to the suppositories so i'm curious to what you guys have experienced. I'm taking them because of my history of m/c's.

2. bklove

i'm surprised, no one using extra progesterone?

3. britt1986

britt1986 Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't put on suppositories, but I was on progesterone pills. Prometrium to be exact. The only side effect I had was dizzy spells every now and then. But my doc took me off of them two days ago, because your not supposed to take them past 12 weeks. My baby is just fine and I have had no problems. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope everything turns out alright with your pregnancy. I hope you have a happy and healthy nine months. :hug:

4. bklove

thanks. Good luck to you.

5. Aria

Aria Guest

I'm on them, and have had some creamy discharge, but no spotting. The doctor said a side effect is increased cramping. Joy.

6. maybebaby2009

maybebaby2009 Me, Myself, & I plus Dog

maybe its just helping to hold the baby in. perhaps it brown cause its working! and would normally be red.

or... u didnt wipe from front 2 back....lol

Kidding!!!! enjoy your pregnancy! =)

7. bklove

lol. My gyn said today I could expect to see the brown and some funky brown clumps as it is irratating inside but I still have to take them and all of them.