Prolapse

cissyhope

Pregnant with no 2
Reaction score
Not sure this is the place to post (it's been a while)

I have a prolapse after my last baby was born (he is 19 months now) I'm on course to have an operation but am very unsure whether to have it?

Any one any experience of this? (It's the back wall of the vagina)
If there is somewhere better to post this I'd appreciate the pointer

I'm not sure if that's actually what I had after my daughter was born but I was stitched up badly and it hurt when my husband got near me. Having surgery was the best outcome I could have asked for. Everything went back to normal and never would have on its own.

Have you tried physio? I have a mild prolapse (one which oddly only happened in the past year, though my daughter is 4 now), but it's caused me urinary issues. They sent me for physio and the physio teaching me skills to better manage it, how and when to drink water and when to avoid it, and giving me daily exercises has helped. They did discuss the surgery with me, but honestly I just don't like the sound of it and assuming mine stays mild and can be managed with physio and lifestyle changes, I don't think I'd have it. But again, mine isn't severe and I'm generally not very enthusiastic about medical intervention unless it's an emergency (and for me, this isn't much of an emergency, more an annoyance).

Yeah I'm not a fan of surgery but not sure if I was being silly so was hoping to hear from experiences. They didn't say anything about pysio but he said I could have the ring fitted? He recommended surgery as I'm still quite young.

The best thing to do is to make an appointment with your practice nurse and have a chat with her, not the GP. She can show you the pessary (ring) that is an option and give you more info about it. In simple terms it's a support that insert every 4-6 months, some people may have longer. You or the nurse can do it and it's not sore just a tad uncomfortable initially. The surgery is usually day surgery, where large stitches are inserted to hold the vaginal wall back in place. While it sounds scary it probably is your best option long term. You will need pain relief for a few days but then after the pain settles it's all over. You are monitored under a consultant if you have future pregnancies but just as a precaution x

The best thing to do is to make an appointment with your practice nurse and have a chat with her, not the GP. She can show you the pessary (ring) that is an option and give you more info about it. In simple terms it's a support that insert every 4-6 months, some people may have longer. You or the nurse can do it and it's not sore just a tad uncomfortable initially. The surgery is usually day surgery, where large stitches are inserted to hold the vaginal wall back in place. While it sounds scary it probably is your best option long term. You will need pain relief for a few days but then after the pain settles it's all over. You are monitored under a consultant if you have future pregnancies but just as a precaution x

Thank you, have you had the surgery?

I have a bladder prolapse. I want the op but I need to be done having children and whilst we're 90% sure we're not having another there's always that what if.

Thank you, have you had the surgery?

Not for a prolapse, I had surgery for a 4th degree tear straight after delivery then another small op to repair adhesions. I'm an RGN so the info I gave you is just from my training x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->