Proper names for genitals from the outset?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I will be teaching Poppy the proper names of body parts from day one. None of this peepee and weewee stuff. I will also be teaching her it isn't appropriate to talk about them in most situations. What about you?

I've not really thought about it. I don't think i'll be saying "put your penis in the potty!" or anything, probably say willy or winky.
I would like him to know the proper word for his willy though so he doesn't think it's hilarious when he hears it, although he probably will anyway!
I think girls names for vaginas are more funny to children!

Yeah i will be prob going with willy or winky, easier for LO to say at first aswell

There is no way on earth I think my prudish brain could compute a small child saying penis or vagina. :wacko: :haha: I haven't even thought about alternatives but I imagine willy and something else will probably be what I go with. :blush:

My daughter is 2 and says vagina. I was going to teach her vulva but I went with vagina.

Yesterday she pointed at a toy frog and said Frog Vagina :rofl:

My daughter is 2 and says vagina. I was going to teach her vulva but I went with vagina.

Yesterday she pointed at a toy frog and said Frog Vagina :rofl:

My aunt went to her son's house and her grandson said to her "do you know why ducky doesn't have a penis?"

Ducky is his cuddly toy that he can't live without. My aunt was a little taken aback but said "no, why?"

Answer: Because he's a ducky.

:rofl:

We say willy. Can't say I often call it a penis to grown ups very often. Not sure about girl parts. As a girl I grew up saying fanny and then vagina. Not so keen on fanny. We say bits when we talk about the dog! :rofl:

I use vulva with my girls and I'll use penis if I have a boy.

I think we'll probably use willy/winky. No idea what i'd use if I have a girl - I grew up saying flower!

There is no way on earth I think my prudish brain could compute a small child saying penis or vagina. :wacko: :haha: I haven't even thought about alternatives but I imagine willy and something else will probably be what I go with. :blush:

i dont think ur a prude! i know prudes, i didnt even know i HAD a vagina til i was about 12! my mum never told me.

I'm not sure. On one hand I'd like her to know the proper words, on the other hand I don't like the real words myself so it will probably be willy and front bottom til she's a bit older. That's how it was when I was younger

i do say "bum" though... i think gluteus maximus might be a bit difficult for her to pronounce...

alys calls hers her foofie and her bum....i dont like the name vagina especially coming from a such a little girl xx

oooeer no I think I will wait until shes 12 :D I can imagine her running round at school otherwise shouting vagina penis anus and the other kids will be thinking wtf this girls a freak lol. Each to their own Nuke, I'm sticking to little willy and mini, piddle and poop :)

Here they teach the proper words when they are in kindergarten. :shrug: My sister came home and said DAD YOU HAVE A PENIS BECAUSE YOU ARE A BOY! :rofl: :rofl:

Never heard the term front bum...it sounds funny to me and I think I am gonna start using it (for myself! lol)

We call it "peepee" with Simon because that also helps him understand where the pee comes from. And that's a pretty easy switch to penis as he gets older.
I toyed with the idea of teaching him to call it his "one-eyed trouser snake", but decided that my cruel sense of humour was a bit much for a toddler.

i don't even remember what i referred to my genitalia as a little girl but i won't be having a small child exclusively saying vagina/penis/testicles. i don't see a problem with willy/weewee/bits until they get to be a little older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->